NYCFC in the Media Thread - 2022

I don't know where this belongs so feel free to move it, but I decided to check google trends:
1641138458479.png
1641138495563.png

1641138270089.png

Some key observations:

1. This MLS Cup has brought our web search numbers up to 50% of peak, which was obviously when we debuted. Let's hope the team can sustain that interest through the new season, as that would be excellent for attendance. (1st picture)
2. This year, obviously, the peak interest was right around MLS Cup, with second place at just under 50% of that peak being August 8th - 14th.
1641138651836.png
Games against mexican opposition help raise the profile of the club, no doubt about it. This makes me think we might all be underestimating Campeones Cup. Sure, we might not value the cup itself, but playing flashy and excellent soccer during it, and winning it, will help with our profile, at least with that viewership. (image 2)

3. I think image 3 speaks for itself ;)

So, why a loan instead of a sale? Because it might lead to a better sale? Because Man City will buy him and then loan him?
Maybe they don't want to commit until they see what they're getting? It's a financially reasonable move from Rangers. We might not like it, though.

Reactions: Kjbert
So, why a loan instead of a sale? Because it might lead to a better sale? Because Man City will buy him and then loan him?
Good question. I was thinking that it could be that the club is working with Sands to honor his wishes to play on a bigger stage, while the offers from various suitors are not yet to the club's satisfaction. And the hope is that success at Rangers will lead to an outright sale to them or more favorable deal to another impressed club.

Maybe they don't want to commit until they see what they're getting? It's a financially reasonable move from Rangers. We might not like it, though.

18 months is waaaay too long for "evaluation" at most a full season. I think they want to do this instead of buying because they cant or dont want to pay the fee. NYCFC might consider it since there may not be any other official bids coming in for Sands.

18 months is waaaay too long for "evaluation" at most a full season. I think they want to do this instead of buying because they cant or dont want to pay the fee. NYCFC might consider it since there may not be any other official bids coming in for Sands.
I'm thinking it's because the club thinks they can get a higher fee for Sands.

But they will loan him out instead of keeping him and playing him here to wait for that higher fee because Sands is already wanting to test himself in Europe and they want to do right by him.

I'm thinking it's because the club thinks they can get a higher fee for Sands.

But they will loan him out instead of keeping him and playing him here to wait for that higher fee because Sands is already wanting to test himself in Europe and they want to do right by him.

but agree to an 18 month loan? id agree if it was 6-12 months. 18 feels too long as an offer can come in a year and then nycfc cant sell because he still on loan with rangers.

I feel like there is something more to this that we are missing. Maybe CFG buys and loans.

Reactions: Victors87
The Gio VB connection seems important in all of this. I just don’t know why.

Reactions: Victors87
but agree to an 18 month loan? id agree if it was 6-12 months. 18 feels too long as an offer can come in a year and then nycfc cant sell because he still on loan with rangers.
Probably 18 months due to the difference in calendars. A 6-month loan sucks. A 12-month loan also sucks (half of one season and half of another).

Probably 18 months due to the difference in calendars. A 6-month loan sucks. A 12-month loan also sucks (half of one season and half of another).

i actually disagree on the 12 month time frame. It will be right after the WC, while sands doesnt have much chance to start those games. teams will be active in the January Window after the WC it would be good time to sell.

i actually disagree on the 12 month time frame. It will be right after the WC, while sands doesnt have much chance to start those games. teams will be active in the January Window after the WC it would be good time to sell.

Right but for a team in Europe it makes no sense to do a 12-month loan right now. It's either 6 or 18

Right but for a team in Europe it makes no sense to do a 12-month loan right now. It's either 6 or 18

for 18 month loan just figure out a fee now then imo. Even if its lower fee and retain more percentage of his rights. this also feels like there were not many suitors as we perhaps thought there would be for sands if the best the team can get is an 18 month loan.

A good time to sell, sure, but from a performance perspective, a half of two different seasons sucks in getting settled into the roster, playing style, etc to make good judgments on.

A 12-month loan that results in any player not getting a full season with a team just sucks. I'd rather send him on a 12-month loan beginning in the summer.

A good time to sell, sure, but from a performance perspective, a half of two different seasons sucks in getting settled into the roster, playing style, etc to make good judgments on.

A 12-month loan that results in any player not getting a full season with a team just sucks. I'd rather send him on a 12-month loan beginning in the summer.

im still in disagreement. there will be lots of games in the fall or second six months for him to get minutes and show off ( playing in europe/ league games/ cup games- plus he would get preseason with the team).

18 months is just too long for a loan, it would be better for him to go in summer as you said for one year. however the problem seems that now is the best time to try and sell him or let him go to europe, as he does not have hype around him to keep him until summer for someone to be interested in him. I feel since he has no hype (outside of nycfc fans) no one was really looking at him.
i know he trained with Fortuna but that was a team that now is in the second division,