NYCFC in the Media Thread - 2023

This is really a shame. HRB has had a variable quality over its history, but it's been somewhat better recently IMO. Some of the other SB Nation MLS sites were really quite good. And more coverage is always better. Hope they all or mostly find a way to continue.
They should all band under one MLS centric site they run & control profits. That way those who want MLS info can find them same way w SB nation search.

This is really a shame. HRB has had a variable quality over its history, but it's been somewhat better recently IMO. Some of the other SB Nation MLS sites were really quite good. And more coverage is always better. Hope they all or mostly find a way to continue.
They should all band under one MLS centric site they run & control profits. That way those who want MLS info can find them same way w SB nation search.
Something like that would be great. Maybe even the league will look into it.

Vox Media is not only cutting the sites (it looks like it's the NHL, MLS and the NWSL sites, don't know about others) but staff is getting the axe too: https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/20/media/vox-media-layoffs/index.html

So, if anything happens to keep them up it would have to be pretty quick or they'll go dark.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
This is a Nashville SC related tweet, but my take-away is that NYCFC is better than this. SoupInNYC SoupInNYC had press box and press conference access when he lived here, and his only media affiliation was the Outfield. Th club has a poor reputation for media access generally, but Nashville is even worse, in this regard at least.

This is a Nashville SC related tweet, but my take-away is that NYCFC is better than this. SoupInNYC SoupInNYC had press box and press conference access when he lived here, and his only media affiliation was the Outfield. Th club has a poor reputation for media access generally, but Nashville is even worse, in this regard at least.

To be fair, if NYCFC tried to pull stunts like this, there would literally be no one covering the team. They need the bloggers and podcasters to be asking questions, otherwise there would be many press conferences with no one even on them. Imagine how humilating it would be for the team to hold press conferences that are attended by literally no one.

To be fair, if NYCFC tried to pull stunts like this, there would literally be no one covering the team. They need the bloggers and podcasters to be asking questions, otherwise there would be many press conferences with no one even on them. Imagine how humilating it would be for the team to hold press conferences that are attended by literally no one.
Can’t disclose why but Nashville has a lot of skeletons in its closet. Not surprising they have even tighter media rules than even CFG.

Can’t disclose why but Nashville has a lot of skeletons in its closet. Not surprising they have even tighter media rules than even CFG.
Emmy Rossum Fashion GIF by PeacockTV

Following up on Vox killing its support for Hudson River Blue, this Sounders at Heart article indicates that they and Dirty South Soccer are the only MLS SBNation sites to survive, and even they are losing things like funding for their podcast.

Following up on Vox killing its support for Hudson River Blue, this Sounders at Heart article indicates that they and Dirty South Soccer are the only MLS SBNation sites to survive, and even they are losing things like funding for their podcast.

I mean, they can’t just expect to get funding. Podcasts have the ability to raise money through advertising. These sites are good sites, they’re well run and the folks doing the work usually are quality. But you’re not entitled to funding from some media outlet. Go out there, start a sub stack or find advertisers for your podcast.

how bad can it be? i dont think it can be as bad as the villa level situation here.

Reactions: Kjbert
I mean, they can’t just expect to get funding. Podcasts have the ability to raise money through advertising. These sites are good sites, they’re well run and the folks doing the work usually are quality. But you’re not entitled to funding from some media outlet. Go out there, start a sub stack or find advertisers for your podcast.
Substack is one way to go. And you can create a podcast there as well. So, there are options.

Reactions: Kjbert
I really hope the apple product will bring these things to us live.

i think i read in the ahtletic article that they have to send over their press conferences to apple to upload. but no where did it mention it had to be live.