Nycfc Offers Discounted Parking

Drainyoo

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
May 27, 2014
NYC
So it's awesome that they're offering this as part of a season ticket benefit, BUT you have to buy a parking pass for EVERY game of the season in advance. This makes no sense for me because I can't make every game, and some games I will take the subway, so I'll probably end up spending more on parking with this plan.

Strange that they're forcing us to buy the entire season.

Here are the details:
  • Receive a preferred rate of $25 per match (normally $35), which is a savings of almost 30%.
  • Must purchase the full season (one pass for each of the remaining matches). Individual matches cannot be purchased at this time.
  • Must select your preferred parking garage upon purchase. View the parking map.
  • Pass can be emailed through AccountManager, just like you do with your tickets.
  • Pass must be printed out ahead of time - mobile access is not active.
  • Not available for resale through the NYCFC Ticket Exchange.
  • Unused parking passes cannot be exchanged for other dates.

I just clicked on it to see what was going on; you can print it at home ,so you could post it on stubhub if you wanted to. Its not for resale on the nycfc ticket exchange. It is for most of the quik park garages/lots not all of them. Seems like a good deal if your driving most of the time, while also having the ability to sell them if need be.

Yeah good point. I'm sure this was the best they could do since they don't own the lots. Going to have to calculate to see if it's worth it.

Definitely not worth it!

I park in target and it cost $18.....it used to b $23 but they lowered it for the soccer matches.

In the very recent past, the official parking lot used to only be $13, now its $35!! I take the train, ill wait out the service delays than pay that kind of money, i only pay for parking if I'm running late to a game

Definitely not worth it!

I park in target and it cost $18.....it used to b $23 but they lowered it for the soccer matches.

In the very recent past, the official parking lot used to only be $13, now its $35!! I take the train, ill wait out the service delays than pay that kind of money, i only pay for parking if I'm running late to a game
For anyone who is going mass transit, its not worth it. Where is your target parking lot located in relation to the stadium?

For anyone who is going mass transit, its not worth it. Where is your target parking lot located in relation to the stadium?

Target is a few blocks away from the stadium and across the street from the old yankees stadium parking lot.

If you leave the stadium, and walk passed old yankee stadium, and the adjacent lot. it is one block south of that so Its pretty close! best bet for stadium parking

Definitely not worth it!

Not worth it -- to you. $7 extra to not have to walk a mile with my 9-year old after the game sounds like a pretty good deal. To me, of course.

Not worth it -- to you. $7 extra to not have to walk a mile with my 9-year old after the game sounds like a pretty good deal. To me, of course.
It's more like 1/3 of a mile. Can still be worth it to you. But it's probably the difference between an 8 minute walk and 25 minutes.

Its a 5 min walk, maybe 6..thats almost a dollar a min...but if its worth it to you it worth it...

For me coming from queens and paying for the toll and gas, if i can save $7 to walk an extra 5 min, thats an easy one

So I'm just putting that option out there, if u don't want to walk the extra 5 min, by all means park closer

They would have had me sold preseason. But I've noticed I'm training it most matches to drink heavily. And have made ST city friends who have parking and don't use it, in case I do want to drive. Add that I'm probably out of the country for a month and I'd rather have a game by game discount option. Maybe they can trick me into this next year.

PS what really pisses me off: my rep completely lied to me preseason when I asked to purchase a package like this and he told me the lots were totally sold out and only for legends ST holders.

I'm mean I'm really in complete shock, I can't beleive our FO would ever lie to me about anything...

Reactions: einwindir
To be fair. The lots are not owned by the team/Stadium so what they knew/didn't know is partially out of there control. The Yankees probably got priority as well.
The sales reps ( not really FO) should have said "nothing is being planned at this time" but whatever. That ship has long ago sailed.

Reactions: adam
Its a 5 min walk, maybe 6..thats almost a dollar a min...but if its worth it to you it worth it...

For me coming from queens and paying for the toll and gas, if i can save $7 to walk an extra 5 min, thats an easy one

So I'm just putting that option out there, if u don't want to walk the extra 5 min, by all means park closer

Maybe it's a five minute walk -- to you.

It's like the concept that facts and personal opinions/preferences are different things has been completely lost on a generation of internet forum posters.

Screen_Shot_2015_05_08_at_11_42_43_PM.png

They would have had me sold preseason. But I've noticed I'm training it most matches to drink heavily. And have made ST city friends who have parking and don't use it, in case I do want to drive. Add that I'm probably out of the country for a month and I'd rather have a game by game discount option. Maybe they can trick me into this next year.

PS what really pisses me off: my rep completely lied to me preseason when I asked to purchase a package like this and he told me the lots were totally sold out and only for legends ST holders.

I'm mean I'm really in complete shock, I can't beleive our FO would ever lie to me about anything...

How could you have believed that the parking lots designed to accommodate crowds of 45,000 people could have been sold out to 10 sections worth of partially sold Legends seats?

How could you have believed that the parking lots designed to accommodate crowds of 45,000 people could have been sold out to 10 sections worth of partially sold Legends seats?

I was told they only had control of a small lot by YS and that it had limited capacity. I believed that line till my friend who has legends seats shared his pass with me and I saw it worked for all lots shown above. Now that there offering this to everyone, like I asked for just confirms it was all BS.

And yes it was a rep who fed me this garbage, not FO. But who do reps 'represent'?

Maybe it's a five minute walk -- to you.

It's like the concept that facts and personal opinions/preferences are different things has been completely lost on a generation of internet forum posters.

Screen_Shot_2015_05_08_at_11_42_43_PM.png

Im a 230 pound track star that does a mile in 5 minutes....

Fact: from door to front of stadium takes me 5 minutes....and sure if you take that route and walk half way around the stadium, you may add a couple of minutes
Myth: Macombs damn bridge is not the front of the stadium

It all depends on how you value money...if you care to throw it away so u don't have to walk the extra 5 minute, guy, do it.
Hmm so pay more for close parking so we don't have to walk the extra few minutes, i think thats why this country is so large

Reactions: Ferdinand Cesarano
Im a 230 pound track star that does a mile in 5 minutes....

Fact: from door to front of stadium takes me 5 minutes....and sure if you take that route and walk half way around the stadium, you may add a couple of minutes
Myth: Macombs damn bridge is not the front of the stadium

It all depends on how you value money...if you care to throw it away so u don't have to walk the extra 5 minute, guy, do it.
Hmm so pay more for close parking so we don't have to walk the extra few minutes, i think thats why this country is so large

So if I can summarize, you are in a completely different situation than I am: you enter the stadium at a different gate that is much closer to the lot you're talking about and you don't have a nine-year old child with you.

Yet you're still comfortable enough to judge that I am throwing my $7 away and guess that I'm probably fat.

Seriously, if you just learn to add "to me" at then end or "In my opinion" at the beginning of all your opinions, I think you'll be doing yourself a favor.

So if I can summarize, you are in a completely different situation than I am: you enter the stadium at a different gate that is much closer to the lot you're talking about and you don't have a nine-year old child with you.

Yet you're still comfortable enough to judge that I am throwing my $7 away and guess that I'm probably fat.

Seriously, if you just learn to add "to me" at then end or "In my opinion" at the beginning of all your opinions, I think you'll be doing yourself a favor.

No no, please don't summarize

I put out a cheaper option...take that how u must...no need to start internet drama (unless your into that). Im not judging you in particular. As I stated, if you (as in anyone reading this) wants to spend the money, go for it, bravo.

Seriously, if you learn to take yourself a little less serious, you would be doing yourself a huge favor!

ohh an btw, no need to state this but, its all IMO