NYCFC Open Practice (anyone else here?)

All quiet thus far. I went to a few practices last year, so interested to see how PV runs his compared to Kreis.

You should be live tweeting this.

Is Chanot there? Who is he training with?

Is Mix there? Who is he training with?

When they break out to their 7 v 7 intra week game - who seem to be the "starters?"

They're far out, but will share soon. Also, all about info sharing, but not going to do anything that will put the team in a compromising situation.

Highlights thus far:

Mix is here and looks fresh
Saunders and the goalies look good
I wish we had a stadium. The pitch here is beautiful

Appreciate the info and understand not wanting to put info out there that shouldn't be, but what kind of open practice is it? Is it something which there were limited spots available or a Citizens reward thing?

Just saying if its a completely open practice (anyone can just walk right up) I would imagine NJ would have someone there.

Reactions: Kjbert
Appreciate the info and understand not wanting to put info out there that shouldn't be, but what kind of open practice is it? Is it something which there were limited spots available or a Citizens reward thing?

Just saying if its a completely open practice (anyone can just walk right up) I would imagine NJ would have someone there.
Cityzens practice. Lo siento. Anything of note I'll definitely share, but other than a few players probably getting treatment and Mullins being on a Greyhound to DC, no surprises so far.

Cityzens practice. Lo siento. Anything of note I'll definitely share, but other than a few players probably getting treatment and Mullins being on a Greyhound to DC, no surprises so far.
Appreciate it man! Looks like its a beautiful day to be out there!

We have a Mendoza sighting! He didn't practice, but came out toward the end.

Saunders looked great. He and Erik we're practicing a lot of close range situations. Final thought and one that I'm sure a lot of you were likely to figure, but lots of practice against the press today. The lads had to be exhausted. Feeling good about our boys in blue

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
We have a Mendoza sighting! He didn't practice, but came out toward the end.

Saunders looked great. He and Erik we're practicing a lot of close range situations. Final thought and one that I'm sure a lot of you were likely to figure, but lots of no practice against the press today and a lot of hoofing the ball upfield. The lads had to be exhausted. Feeling good iffy about our boys in blue
FIFY

Reactions: adam
The picture below was a pretty funny moment during training today. Most of the team was playing short-field 6x6. Harrison, Lampard, Brillant and TMac were sitting it out. Lampard and Brillant were sitting in the sun stretching. Harrison was bouncing around, kicking a ball, bouncing it off his head, etc. It must be good to be young and have so much energy.

One other good note that is a credit to PV. Many of the players came through and signed for all of the fans there. Villa was off doing the media with Digi Gregorious and other interviews. PV was the last one to come through the autograph line and by the time he got to me there were a handful of fans left asking if we'd get Villa. PV, to his credit, got the NYCFC media director to make sure Villa came over after he finished his other engagements. I believe the exact quote was "Tell David that if he doesn't come over, he doesn't play Sunday".

FB-FL-JH.JPG

For those who have attended these, how crowded with spectators are the viewing areas and how close are you to the action?

Reactions: Kjbert
For those who have attended these, how crowded with spectators are the viewing areas and how close are you to the action?
I didn't find it crowded. The viewing space was pretty full, but nearly everyone could stand at the rope, though today a few people hung back to get some shade. I didn't find it uncomfortable at all.

The training area looked like it was about two pitches wide. For the drills at the beginning, they were on the far pitch, so you were a bit far away. The second half was 6x6 short-field and a bunch of 3 on 2 drills that were done on the near field, so you had a very good view of those. The latter part was the more interesting part of the training, so that was fun.

At 1000 points, and not being someone who gets that excited about worn training gear or the other stuff they auction off, I thought it was well worth doing at least once.

This was much better organized in Purchase rather than Yankee Stadium. The sightlines there were horrific, as you're basically in the media pen. Today was great, spread out, and you could hear and feel the energy.

Can't say enough how impressed i was with PV and the reaction to him. No offense to Kreis, but based on the practices i attended last year, this was night and day.

I didn't find it crowded. The viewing space was pretty full, but nearly everyone could stand at the rope, though today a few people hung back to get some shade. I didn't find it uncomfortable at all.

The training area looked like it was about two pitches wide. For the drills at the beginning, they were on the far pitch, so you were a bit far away. The second half was 6x6 short-field and a bunch of 3 on 2 drills that were done on the near field, so you had a very good view of those. The latter part was the more interesting part of the training, so that was fun.

At 1000 points, and not being someone who gets that excited about worn training gear or the other stuff they auction off, I thought it was well worth doing at least once.
So you took a sick day at work, or carried the bathroom pass with you to the practice fields?

Reactions: Kjbert and JayH