NYCFC Sign Anton Tinnerholm

LionNYC

Registered
Staff member
Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
Anton Tinnerholm is officially announced. Signed from global free agency as his Malmo contract expired. He will not be a DP signing. Still questionable if he's a TAM player, though the free will help as a transfer fee has to be amortized over the length of the contract.

A Swedish international RB.

https://www.nycfc.com/post/2017/12/13/new-york-city-fc-sign-anton-tinnerholm

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert
Anton Tinnerholm is officially announced. Signed from global free agency as his Malmo contract expired. He will not be a DP signing. Still questionable if he's a TAM player, though the free will help as a transfer fee has to be amortized over the length of the contract.

A Swedish international RB.

https://www.nycfc.com/post/2017/12/13/new-york-city-fc-sign-anton-tinnerholm
The good news on this is there are no acquisition costs, so he would only be TAM player if his salary is above the DP-limit. I tried to find some previous salary info on him but couldn't find much (though to be honest, I didn't try particularly hard at this).

Either way, a great signing at a position of need.

I hope this is a good signing its hard to have an opinion when I have never seen him play but you have to give NYCFC scouting the benefit of the doubt, most acquisitions have been good except for Pirlo which was a waste of money and roster space.

Reactions: Kjbert
I hope this is a good signing its hard to have an opinion when I have never seen him play but you have to give NYCFC scouting the benefit of the doubt, most acquisitions have been good except for Pirlo which was a waste of money and roster space.
Enjoy your new Swedish Meatball Darling !! The ITALIAN ones always taste better and are an icon of quisine

Reactions: 413Blue
Before it gets into another Pirlo topic, let me just say that from what I know about the wages in Allsvenskan (the top division in Sweden), I suppose Tinnerholm is signed on a pretty similar wages as Chanot, Brillant and Ring in 2017.

I have no idea if being a TAM player or not has some effect - I don't have a clue about those rules - but he wouldn't be coming for any less, as he'd get the same in Sweden. He'd be getting a bit more in Germany, and much more in the UK, so obviously there weren't too many clubs from those leagues queuing up for his signature. Whichever way he came, I believe he's a very good signing and will make a difference on the right flank. Very much a similar signing as Ring was last winter. You can expect loads of hard work from him, some flashes of brilliance and some quieter games. He'll be eager to fight his way to the World Cup finals with Sweden, and although that would mean losing him for a month or two in the middle of the season, I'm sure it's a good move.

Before it gets into another Pirlo topic, let me just say that from what I know about the wages in Allsvenskan (the top division in Sweden), I suppose Tinnerholm is signed on a pretty similar wages as Chanot, Brillant and Ring in 2017.

I have no idea if being a TAM player or not has some effect - I don't have a clue about those rules - but he wouldn't be coming for any less, as he'd get the same in Sweden. He'd be getting a bit more in Germany, and much more in the UK, so obviously there weren't too many clubs from those leagues queuing up for his signature. Whichever way he came, I believe he's a very good signing and will make a difference on the right flank. Very much a similar signing as Ring was last winter. You can expect loads of hard work from him, some flashes of brilliance and some quieter games. He'll be eager to fight his way to the World Cup finals with Sweden, and although that would mean losing him for a month or two in the middle of the season, I'm sure it's a good move.

This is a good post. I think people overestimate just how much the average footballer makes around the world.

Unless you play in England or for a Champions League side in Italy, Spain, Germany, France or Portugal, the new wage structure in MLS is not too far removed from what someone on Sampdoria or Hoffenheim makes.

This isn't to say that we can expect to compete across the board for European level talent, but the new TAM and DP structure should allow the teams that want to spend money to put out a Starting XI that rivals what Malmo, Celtic, Ajax and Basel will start this weekend. With the advent of Generation Adidas and Homegrown contracts, no reason you can't start 3 DPs, a GA, a HGP and 6 TAM players.

The difference of course is in the transfer fees.

This is a good post. I think people overestimate just how much the average footballer makes around the world.

Unless you play in England or for a Champions League side in Italy, Spain, Germany, France or Portugal, the new wage structure in MLS is not too far removed from what someone on Sampdoria or Hoffenheim makes.

This isn't to say that we can expect to compete across the board for European level talent, but the new TAM and DP structure should allow the teams that want to spend money to put out a Starting XI that rivals what Malmo, Celtic, Ajax and Basel will start this weekend. With the advent of Generation Adidas and Homegrown contracts, no reason you can't start 3 DPs, a GA, a HGP and 6 TAM players.

That’s assuming your DPs are talented enough to start over a TAM player.

That’s assuming your DPs are talented enough to start over a TAM player.

Yes. Another good point. This is assuming you don't sign Gonzalo Veron and Maxi Moralez. You need to get the scouting right.

Reactions: adam

Damn all of you aggregators getting my likes. A Annagram, I Told y’all to expect Ring-ian wages in Monday.

But yes, people think MLS is way behind when it’s not true. It wasn’t true before and it will be way less true now.

giphy.gif

ETA: way better than Malmo.

Why do you guys think so many dudes sort of fail here before going there? From 2014, MLS was already well ahead. 137k pounds to 87k back then. Willing to be their uptick hasn’t kept pace.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-England-earning-average-2-3million-year.html

Anecdotally, Crew and NYC cut Romain Gall. He’s made 24 Allsvenskan appearances this year.

Last edited:

FWIW, on the SITC podcast, they mentioned that some other European clubs were attempting to buy him before, but Malmo was turning them down. Not exactly sure where that interest has gone however. Though, through some quick researching, our transfer window is open, but I don't think the other European leagues' windows are. Additionally, the Swedish league appears to be on the same schedule that we are on, so that probably helps as well. If he wanted to go somewhere else right now, where would he be able to?

FWIW, on the SITC podcast, they mentioned that some other European clubs were attempting to buy him before, but Malmo was turning them down. Not exactly sure where that interest has gone however. Though, through some quick researching, our transfer window is open, but I don't think the other European leagues' windows are. Additionally, the Swedish league appears to be on the same schedule that we are on, so that probably helps as well. If he wanted to go somewhere else right now, where would he be able to?
He could still sign for a team once the window opens in January, and start training with them over the winter break or take a month or so to get back to full game fitness. He would probably be able to sign a contract and just spend the next few weeks training on his own as well to prep for the 2nd half of the season for whatever team he would sign for, had he not signed with us. Some teams (I think I've heard, but can't say 100%) may also give him an extra few weeks off to recover from the previous season, so he could potentially not show up until a few weeks into the 2nd half of that season, only have him for the last 10 games or so.

Obviously this means nothing as he has signed with us. Huzzah, and bless the rains. It's Friday.

Was listening to Sirius soccer show in the afternoon, and they said something to the affect of Man City’s big advantage is the CFG setup. Then they went into how they care more about soccer decisions than business decisions. And then they used the upgrading of Man City’s fullbacks this year as an example of a not so sexy move that paid dividends.

Got me thinking. CFG must have done a ton of scouting of FBs for Man City this year. Could Tinnerholm be a byproduct of all their FB scouting they worked in NYCFC’s favor?