Nycfc Signs Mikey Lopez On Waivers Previously Of Skc

I love these out of nowhere surprise signings. I didnt think we needed more midfielders but he is young and probably dirt cheap so why not?

Reactions: Jock
He has 17 caps for the US u20 team and it looks like he started for the U20s at the 2013 World Cup.

13 matches for SKC. On loan at a few various NASL and USL clubs. He is just 22 so he has plenty of time to still develop.

Reactions: Kjbert
Welcome aboard Mikey/Joey Barton's younger Hispanic twin.

Wondering if he is already in FL and has been training with the team. Do they have to announce trialists?

sort of disconcerting that a good organization decided that once he was going to count against their cap (generation adidas player), he wasn't worth keeping around.

either way, expansion teams in MLS can't be choosers. gotta roll the dice. considering position, age, background, seems to sound like a good idea.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
This is the only kind of move that makes sense for us now. We are out of Intl spots, and need talented young players. SKC didn't want to keep hiding him away, so he works for us as a defensive sub for Pirlo. Since we will never know the terms of the deal, we can;t judge its financial merit, but looks like a good player to pick up.

This is the only kind of move that makes sense for us now. We are out of Intl spots, and need talented young players. SKC didn't want to keep hiding him away, so he works for us as a defensive sub for Pirlo. Since we will never know the terms of the deal, we can;t judge its financial merit, but looks like a good player to pick up.

we'll know the salary when the players association releases salaries in the summer.

Reactions: Kjbert
I so much prefer this approach of filling spots with kids with upside and allowing PV to work his magic, as compared to signing grizzled vets and journeymen.