Nycfc V Dc Postmatch

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Final 2-1 loss... More of a 1-1 draw but we had to put everything into this at the end.
Too many missed opportunities from Villa that he would have put in on another day.
With the loss our playoff chances should be hovering right around 0.

Really was shocked with the Lampard substitution at the 65 minute mark. Not sure what could have forced that. You take a guy out that could score at any moment and has been hot.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Final 2-1 loss... More of a 1-1 draw but we had to put everything into this at the end.
Too many missed opportunities from Villa that he would have put in on another day.
With the loss our playoff chances should be hovering right around 0.

Really was shocked with the Lampard substitution at the 65 minute mark. Not sure what could have forced that. You take a guy out that could score at any moment and has been hot.
I don't know, but as someone mentioned in the Shout Box he could have been gassed running around a heavy field like that.

Yep, Villa will be kicking himself when he sees the tape tomorrow.

He could have had us up 3-0 before half.

But whatever, he's been great all year, really busting his ass.

I'm proud of this team really. Even of Lampard.

We'll get to start the offseason early and get looking at new prospects and be an awesome team next year.

Now let's go finish off Orlando's season.

dP2Rz14.jpg

Well I'm pissed...

Am now a wet and frozen popsicle, who didn't get to see a win.

Thought the team played fairly well, but man did Ned kill a lot of plays forward. Interesting that a couple on here thought Mix was anonymous, as a couple of DC United fans thought he was NYC's best players

The truth is regardless of the disappointment of missing the playoffs, this season will still go down as a booming success with the development of this fan base. And even better is that this team should be ready to compete out of the gates next season. It stings, but there is a lot to feel good about.

God I'm devistated right now... why Grabavoy? Seriously come one he's really bad. Please please put someone who can do something on the field. This hurt so much I'm going away from this forum for awhile I'll see you one Monday maybe Tuesday...

I knew those two grabavoy goals would kill us. He had no business starting over poku, McNamara, Shelton or Mullins. Villa, all alone trying to hold up play again. No wonder the guy is pissed.

We ended up losing with the two guys on the field that we have mostly complained about all year. Wingert and grabavoy. When you look at that bench I just don't know what to say.

Sorry, it's probably my fault guys. I instinctually opened up the just released MLS link with the playoff schedule shortly before the game. That had cousin Oliver jinx written all over it. My bad.

Reactions: Goodfella
Well I'm pissed...

Am now a wet and frozen popsicle, who didn't get to see a win.

Thought the team played fairly well, but man did Ned kill a lot of plays forward. Interesting that a couple on here thought Mix was anonymous, as a couple of DC United fans thought he was NYC's best players
Mix worked his socks off defensively as always but I thought he offered us very little going forward. Although the ref did screw him on that one offside call.

My inner " I kinda knew we were going to loose" that I totally forgot about the game and when looked for it on TV I can not find it. I look at the time - 9:33 pm. The game is over and ....

I am feeling guilty- I sent all the wrong vibes aaawww