Nycfc V Toronto Motm And Postgame

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Discuss....

Look VERY dangerous going forward with Iraola and Angelino. With a wider field it will be even more dangerous. Need Poku to start and keep Macnamara with him. Mac Poku Lampard and Mix till Pirlo comes.
Bravo to Mullins has been great.
Wingert and KWS can not put on our shirt in the starting lineup again.
The MOTM hasn't been updated yet. Let's just assume it's villa. Dude fought hard all game.
[voopl=2015-07-12][/voopl]

Lol @ Kreis.

Last edited:
new signings look great. now lets get mashamaitte signed and suited up cause our defense was horrid.

And lets get pirlo and lampard in, and then we will start playing really good soccer.

And bob bradley as coach would be awesome :cool:

I don't want poku to start yet. I don't think it's a match fitness thing either. It's obvious that we are trying to be a more technical team, and poku's best trait is his physicality. The physicality is best when the other team is tired (besler/lukaku effect) and I suspect that if he starts, particularly in the position he was in today, he would break down our style. By contrast, mix, tmac, angelino, iraola, pirlo, villa, lamps? And even ballouchy can gel on technical ability. I think that's also why we aren't seeing Shelton even though I think he might be healthy again.

new signings look great. now lets get mashamaitte signed and suited up cause our defense was horrid.

And lets get pirlo and lampard in, and then we will start playing really good soccer.

And bob bradley as coach would be awesome :cool:
Yep. Look at how much better we look with two competent fullbacks (neither is match fit probably )

We're going to improve so much with those two and a new CB.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Someone just put this on Twitter I wonder what's going on with Seba, I wonder if he's on the team but about to get cut.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    466.6 KB · Views: 106
Reactions: Kjbert
wow... last time I checked this was MAJOR league soccer. Someone should tell Watson its not amateur hour! Im surprised that as a defender he cant cover his player.

Well that was an entertaining game. Pity we couldn't collect 3 points.

I think its clear that Kwame, Wingert, Ballouchy, and Grabavoy are not up to the required standard.

We are lacking that cool head in midfield who can put their foot on the ball and dictate the game. That should be solved once Pirlo and Lampard are fit to play. Then there will be less pressure on the defence.

Obviously our stand outs where Villa, Saunders and Angelino

Mullins, McNamara also put in a shift. I have no idea why McNamara was replaced when Grabavoy was invisible for the entire game.

I actually think McNamara is wasted as a wide player and would be better up front or central midfield. He has some nice skills, but does seem to lack a bit of fitness.

Nice to see Angelino look so confident. I can see this lad quickly becoming a favourite amongst the fans.

Man going up 2-0 and we fell off just like we did against NYRB. Giovinco has to be marked every second of the game or he'll put 7 past us. Defense was terrible. Absolutely loved watching and hearing Iraola and the huge impact Angelino had. Honestly can't wait to see Lampard and Pirlo in action, it'll be a completely different team. I would disagree with the post above because Balouchy has been pretty decent all season and Wingerts hasn't been terrible either.

Reactions: Kjbert