Official: Pick At The Bones Thread (post Season Drafts)

Gene

Registered
Donor
Mar 19, 2014
Down & Out
2015-16 Offseason Calendar
Monday, December 7

List of all players eligible for Free Agency and Re-Entry Draft made public.

Tuesday, December 8

Starting at 1 p.m. ET, Free Agents may engage in negotiations with MLS clubs outside of their previous club.

List of eligible players for the Waiver Draft made public.

I'm not sure what time today's list has to be released, but if it's also at 1:00 PM, then that's only a couple of hours away. I sincerely doubt we're going to get any help from either the Re-Entry or Waiver draft as both will be no different than this time last season when we were picking at the bones. I'm more interested in the FA list.

If anybody gets word of available players that could help the cause, I guess we can discuss it here.

Reactions: CatNYC
Jalil Anibaba of SKC looks like a possible CB option, Chris Schuler also looks pretty good from RSL (although they look pretty expensive and have injury problems). Andrés Correa could be a cheap pickup for LB depth.

There are actually a few good midfield prospects that we should take a look at in addition to Marco Pappa. Mauro Rosales is okay but on the older side. Boniek Garcia is another really good one who can play outside mid and has decent speed and still has a few good years left in him just turning 31.

Reactions: Kjbert
yeah didn't realize Boniek Garcia made around that also. in that case, it has to be Marco Pappa if available.

Pappa also has his green card so he wouldn't take an international spot.

Without. But he seemed to be injured a lot. I watched the Caps quite a lot this season. They're on TV. All the canadian teams.

I look through the list of defenders thinking "who is definitely better than Jason Hernandez?" The few names I see make me think "Should we pay that much for him?". I am not seeing anybody who are a definite upgrade and won't grab too much of our salary cap.

I agree with Dannd -- Pappa is the best pick at midfield at +/-$75K salary.

Reactions: JayH
I look through the list of defenders thinking "who is definitely better than Jason Hernandez?" The few names I see make me think "Should we pay that much for him?". I am not seeing anybody who are a definite upgrade and won't grab too much of our salary cap.

I agree with Dannd -- Pappa is the best pick at midfield at +/-$75K salary.

Even if we have to pay him double that, I think it's great value.

Reactions: MagnusPax
Kevin Alston (Revolution) is a name that caught my eye. I looked him up and MLSdotcom lists him as an outside back who excels at one on one match ups and can go forward down the flanks. Only 26 years old.

Kevin Alston (Revolution) is a name that caught my eye. I looked him up and MLSdotcom lists him as an outside back who excels at one on one match ups and can go forward down the flanks. Only 26 years old.

At 140K+ I don't think Alston offers enough of an upgrade over RJ Allen.

The more I look at the re-entry and free agent lists, the more I think MCFC academy loans are the better option for us. Lets get 4 young guys (if the numbers work with the salary cap) who want to try to fight their way into the starting 11 and thrive in front of 30,000 NYCFC fans to prove themselves to MCFC.