Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Gooch is a beast. He's still ripped. Not sure how his form has been though. He was released this month so he would be a freebie, is comfortable in the center, and would hopefully be an upgrade over what we've got. Interesting because it's something more exciting than work!

I have to admit I half hope we don't get a 3rd DP this season and wait until next year. First, I've pretty much given up on this season so I don't mind waiting. Second, I worry that an in-season move under these circumstances will be made of desperation. Third, I kind of like the idea of a clean pre-Lampard, Post-Lampard season comparison. I realize even that will be imperfect because if the team hopefully improves it could in part be due to the team finally coming together, but if you add a second DP there is no vibale way to even try to guage the effect of Lampard not being here, then arriving mid-season.

The problem is that the rest of the world is in its silly season. If you are going to get someone on a free or someone that's considering a life changing move, it's going to happen now. More options now than in the winter.

Oguchi is practicing with the squad today. Hmmm interesting. He's 33 and his contract expires June 30th.

Even more interesting is that it was announced by official team media. Hopefully they are not dumb enough to toy with us during a 10 game win less streak without being serious about signing him.

Anyone know if the MLS allows for emergency signings outside of the transfer windows due to injures ? (asuming rules even matter in the MLS and cant just be changed, which I know is a big assumption) I wonder if there are any loop holes that would allow the team to get him on the roster before July. If Calle and Kwame are still out and if the knock Wingert picked up at the end of the SKC game will cause him to miss time we are in serous need of some help at the back.

Reactions: Kjbert
The problem is that the rest of the world is in its silly season. If you are going to get someone on a free or someone that's considering a life changing move, it's going to happen now. More options now than in the winter.
True. I guess I just need to hope our FO makes a sound move not born of desperation....

True. I guess I just need to hope our FO makes a sound move not born of desperation....

I agree. Despite the fact that it was a good move, I still feel as if the Mix signing was a "desperation" move. The circumstances that played out meant he was available and it was a mutual need.

I got so hyped when I saw this! Sebastian Velasquez and Shelton and a couple others just followed him on Twitter also.

Interesting.

Gooch has his own thread, but I will repeat what I said there. Before his injury in 2009, he was a rising star for U.S. soccer. He's not returned to form since then, and whether that's bad luck with club status or the injury (or both), it's too bad. He's a good guy. Given the state of our back 4, it's certainly worth taking a chance on a guy who has played in the EPL, made the best XI in Belgium more than once, and has played in a World Cup.

Reactions: jguab2
I agree. Despite the fact that it was a good move, I still feel as if the Mix signing was a "desperation" move. The circumstances that played out meant he was available and it was a mutual need.
Similarly, I've been looking back and wondering if the team made a mistake in choosing Allocation over SuperDraft preference. After Orlando won the coin flip, they picked Expansion draft, We opted for Allocation, and they chose SuperDraft. After that we made the semi-infamous mistake where we chose Discovery over USL/NASL. But forget that. If we elected for SuperDraft we could have had Cyle Larin. As it turned out, Orlando signed Shea before we signed DIskerud, even though we had priority, which I infer means we passed on Shea. So maybe if we let them have the first allocation option by choosing SuperDraft we could have still gotten Mix as the team's USMNT choice and Larin instead of Shelton.

Similarly, I've been looking back and wondering if the team made a mistake in choosing Allocation over SuperDraft preference. After Orlando won the coin flip, they picked Expansion draft, We opted for Allocation, and they chose SuperDraft. After that we made the semi-infamous mistake where we chose Discovery over USL/NASL. But forget that. If we elected for SuperDraft we could have had Cyle Larin. As it turned out, Orlando signed Shea before we signed DIskerud, even though we had priority, which I infer means we passed on Shea. So maybe if we let them have the first allocation option by choosing SuperDraft we could have still gotten Mix as the team's USMNT choice and Larin instead of Shelton.

I don't know if we want Larin or Shelton though? If you listen to the talking points after the draft, Shelton was their guy all along.

And it's a busy news day in NYCFC land!

It was also reported last week that Spector signed an extension with Birmingham so who knows if Crooks is just pulling shit out of his ass to sound credible.

Spector just signed a new deal with Birmingham City a few days ago, perhaps he's coming here on loan?

I think this activity is definitely proving that Facey is going back.

nice- if three of our recent rumors can become possible, Gomez, spector, and onyewu, this could be a probable lineup.

-----------Villa------------Gomez----------
-----------------Lampard---------------
Shelton---------------------------------Mix-
------------------Spector-------------------
Calle-----------------------------------Williams
---------Onyewu------Hernandez-----------
------------------Saunders-----------------------

Thing is, if we are trying to loan in spector and sign onyewu that would mean we would need to trade to get the number one spot in the allocation order to land them. So I am going to file adding spector and onyewu into the unlikely file.

EDIT just found out onyewu would go under discovery claim NOT allocation. Might make it more feasible, however, spector would need to come in as a loan if anything since he just signed a new contract. My bet is that that source is false, more probable that we pick up packwood instead in light of new england not picking him up.

Also- cody cropper has been released by southampton.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.