Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Kreis said that we're definitely going to add a 3rd DP this summer.

QUOTE: “Yeah, we have the third Designated Player slot. It’s been our plan all along to fill that and have three DPs this year,’’ Kreis said. “It’s certainly our intention.’’

“We’ve always had in the back of our minds that we might need to make some additions over the summer. We are there,’’ Kreis said. “We obviously have a third Designated Player slot available, so that’s one for sure."

SOURCE: http://nypost.com/2015/06/04/new-york-city-fc-coach-we-plan-to-add-3rd-huge-star-like-pirlo/
There's intention and there's reality.

They might want to fill the DP3, but this isn't a league where you can easily eat your mistakes and replace like in Europe. I think they have target(s) they want. But if Pirlo stays with Juve and Zlatan goes to Milan and ...

I'd rather (and expect) they pass on signing a DP3 if it isn't the right DP3.

Reactions: Kjbert and sbrylski
I just wrote about this. I could see more than a few players being let go, but the roster rules do allow for replacements if a player is put on the injured list. Injured players (such as Tony Taylor) do not count against the 28 man limit.

Granted I am sure there are arcane roster rules that I totally missed...but that is MLS for you.

http://www.nycfcblues.com/2015/06/ch-ch-changes-are-coming-to-the-roster/

There's intention and there's reality.

They might want to fill the DP3, but this isn't a league where you can easily eat your mistakes and replace like in Europe. I think they have target(s) they want. But if Pirlo stays with Juve and Zlatan goes to Milan and ...

I'd rather (and expect) they pass on signing a DP3 if it isn't the right DP3.

I agree. I hope they don't use the DP3 just for the sake of using it. Good players always become available and I'd hate to be handcuffed by a subpar signing.

Reactions: FootyLovin
Here's where my heads at...
Do we want another Mid or a big striker that can get in the box on the end of those Iraola and Angelino crosses.
From what I've heard and seen of these two they get forward and put balls in the box.
Unless we will be playing villa up top with Nemec I'm looking for a tall striker that can head the ball.
Mario... GOMEEEEEEZZZZZZ
He's only 29 and I think would be deadly playing alongside Villa.

Reactions: NickA
Do we want another Mid or a big striker that can get in the box on the end of those Iraola and Angelino crosses.
From what I've heard and seen of these two they get forward and put balls in the box.
Unless we will be playing villa up top with Nemec I'm looking for a tall striker that can head the ball.
Mario... GOMEEEEEEZZZZZZ

I'd like a German national team player on the team. I'd also like one that was on the 2014 roster. Waiting for Müller.

Reactions: Kjbert
Mario... GOMEEEEEEZZZZZZ

Might as well go Movsisyan, who's like a Nemec but actually really good.

Gomez to MLS rumors have cooled.

Might as well go Movsisyan, who's like a Nemec but actually really good.

Gomez to MLS rumors have cooled.
Yeah but was just giving an example.
Id rather another striker that can finish and head the ball than another midfielder.
Mix/lampard/poku/jacobsen and we're pretty solid there.

Yea but the chances of getting that good player in December-February are slim compared to the silly season.

Aron Johannssen is currently in Manhattan by the way.

Yea but the chances of getting that good player in December-February are slim compared to the silly season.

Aron Johannssen is currently in Manhattan by the way.

Highly doubt its for NYCFC purposes, but I would like it. He is a great, young player, but probably cheap enough to not have to use a DP contract on.

Reactions: leilanikali420
He would deff b a dp. Even if he had a low salary, which he doesnt, the transfer price would make him a dp.

That said, id take aj as a dp in a heart beat.

True, I wasn't think about the transfer price. Regardless, I think he is more likely to move to a top 4 league rather than to MLS at the moment.

Yeah but was just giving an example.
Id rather another striker that can finish and head the ball than another midfielder.
Mix/lampard/poku/jacobsen and we're pretty solid there.

That would be great. If we got a Dp striker, I would go out like this

-----------Villa---------DP-------------
--Angelino-----------------------Poku
----------Mix----------Lampard-----
Wingert------------------------------Iraola
----------Hernandez------Facey-----------

Would be awesome to try angelino as a left mid, he scored a hat trick before so he knows how to finish. Allow him to be more attack oriented. I think that line up wouldn't just win games, I think we would be mls cup contenders if everyone plays to their potential.

would u take berbatov?
Not a chance. Even though I followed city in EPL Fulham was a team I rooted for. Always had that underdog stigma. HATED watching him play. You think villa shrugs and pouts.. This guy is on another level. Never seen a player as visibly disappointed with his teammates as he was on a weekly basis.

That would be great. If we got a Dp striker, I would go out like this

-----------Villa---------DP-------------
--Angelino-----------------------Poku
----------Mix----------Lampard-----
Wingert------------------------------Iraola
----------Hernandez------Facey-----------

Would be awesome to try angelino as a left mid, he scored a hat trick before so he knows how to finish. Allow him to be more attack oriented. I think that line up wouldn't just win games, I think we would be mls cup contenders if everyone plays to their potential.
If only flip facey and Hernandez. This way facey's speed can makeup for wingers inevitable mistakes. How many times did facey bail him out last game? Plus you wouldn't have to ask as much of mix.
Don't see Angelino playing out of position tho. I think this is a real first team test and he'll be loaned out to a top tier European club afterwards.

Would be a DP because of the transfer cost. Probably 10-12 Million.

Which is exactly why, even with allocation order, we would be one of three teams who could afford him. Everyone in front of us would have the first right of refusal. But they wouldn't pay.

Anyway - a pipe dream but he's in new York.

Reactions: BlueWarrior
Status
Not open for further replies.