Open Cup Tickets Versus Ny Cosmos

BlueCityRadio

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Dec 25, 2014
www.bluecityradio.com
The date and place is set for the the first NYCFC US Open Cup match.

June 17, 7:30pm at Shuart Stadium, Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY

Tickets for the game go on sale to Cosmos Season Ticket Holders tomorrow, Thurs May 28 at 10am and then to the General Public Fri May 29 at 10am. Tickets start at $12 and go up to $85.

The venue is a small university football stadium. It has a small section of seats with backs but the majority of the stadium is metal bleachers. The away supporters section is usually very small and is to the side of one of the goals.

Stadium capacity is 11,929

855-71-COSMOS for tickets

Crap I had seen June 16 earlier and I was so excited but I cannot go on the 17th. Cry me a river.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueCityRadio
We need NYC FC or the consensus of the supporter groups to decide on what sections we should buy. And how to get there.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
From NYCosmos.com: “It’s going to be a derby,” Savarese said. “These sorts of matches are huge for U.S. Soccer and New York. We’ll be matching up against a very good team. It’s going to be a great challenge for us.”

NYC FC-RBNY isn't even a derby yet. And this guy is calling a derby between MLS and whatever league the 1970s play in.

Crap I had seen June 16 earlier and I was so excited but I cannot go on the 17th. Cry me a river.
I have an email in to the club to get confirmation. All of the the US Soccer Open Cup sites have June 16, but the Cosmos have June 17. I think as the tournament moves further a long there is more flexibility in the scheduling so teams have a few dates to choose from.

NYCFC play home June 13 and then away June 20, so either day is a short turnaround, plus keep in mind, Gold Cup rosters will be out by then.

Reactions: LostAnvil
I have an email in to the club to get confirmation. All of the the US Soccer Open Cup sites have June 16, but the Cosmos have June 17. I think as the tournament moves further a long there is more flexibility in the scheduling so teams have a few dates to choose from.

NYCFC play home June 13 and then away June 20, so either day is a short turnaround, plus keep in mind, Gold Cup rosters will be out by then.
Any word on which sections to buy yet?

Reactions: CP_Scouse
NYCFC has be allotted block of 1,000 tickets. They will all be in a general area.

I heard sections 25, 25A, 26, 26A, 27 and 27A for NYCFC supporters. Can anyone confirm this? Also, because TR is the only official supporters group right now will all NYCFC tickets for this away match be sold through them?

I heard sections 25, 25A, 26, 26A, 27 and 27A for NYCFC supporters. Can anyone confirm this? Also, because TR is the only official supporters group right now will all NYCFC tickets for this away match be sold through them?
The sections you have are right. $25 + $2 for the tickets, $10 for parking, don't know how much the buses will be. Don't see why you couldn't buy tickets in other sections but 25 through 27 are ours.

No. Directly from Cosmos website.

Reactions: Paul
Well, that sucked. I couldn't get tickets in the supporters section. I bought the Open Cup Combo in order to get in. (Which is actually cheaper.)

Reactions: BlueCityRadio
Got my ticket. Now to figure out how to get there.

Reactions: einwindir
Had a ticket in the cart ready to go and when I put in my credit card info the site crashed. Kept trying for another 10 minutes while it kept saying no tickets available in NYCFC's section. Finally snagged one in section 27A. Apparently tickets were in fact available! Definitely wasn't smooth.