Our Domestic Scouts Deserve A Hand

NYCFCfan

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Sep 9, 2014
Contrary to our international scouting and the resulting acquisitions our domestic scouting has been tremendous. (Except for some of the RSL guys)

McNamara
Mullins
Poku
RJ Allen
Saunders
Hernandez
Jacobson

All of these guys were playing in MLS or NASL (or lower in RJ's case) and can easily fit in to any starting 11 we have.

I'm posting this because I'll be the first one to say our international scouts have been hit or miss at best but these guys have been solid.

Hats off to whoever scouted these players.

RJ has been interesting, i remember he got signed like on a thursday and played that sunday ( against seattle i think). looked rusty as hell and i think got frustrated pushing a seattle player and earned a yellow. but he has improved for sure and a good depth player for MLS and even starting a few games as well as he has been doing.

EDIT: whoa just checked his wiki page. he was out of competitive play for a year and a half coaching? then nycfc came out for him.

Last edited:
I said except the RSL guys. I think that was just a play by Kreis to get people who know his system.
Except for maybe Allen, all of those were probably scouted by Kreis, Brown, Joseph or another of the staff. Most are MLS journeymen. And Saunders played for Kreis at RSL.

Except for maybe Allen, all of those were probably scouted by Kreis, Brown, Joseph or another of the staff. Most are MLS journeymen. And Saunders played for Kreis at RSL.
You're right. I could have sworn that wasn't the case but he did play a half season as a back up at RSL last year before tearing his ACL.

Kreis knows how to find cheap players here in the United States that's for sure.

Makes you wonder if Kreis had full power over transfers what kind of squad we'd have.

Contrary to our international scouting and the resulting acquisitions our domestic scouting has been tremendous. (Except for some of the RSL guys)

McNamara
Mullins
Poku
RJ Allen
Saunders
Hernandez
Jacobson

Hats off to whoever scouted these players.
Hats back on for whoever scouted:
Dunn
Williams
Grabavoy
Wingert
Watson Siriboe
Brovsky

Hats back on for whoever scouted:
Dunn
Williams
Grabavoy
Wingert
Watson Siriboe
Brovsky
Williams was no one's fault, just life being unfair. At times Wingert looks lost and outclassed on the pitch, but other times he's looked like our best option on the wings. The others I completley agree with..........but how the f**k did Grabavoy pull two goals out of his a** tonight!!!!???? I was there on Wednesday and he did nothing to help us (as he's done for most of the season)

Hopefully we can keep finding these cheap American based players