Philadelphia (Away) - Postmatch

Ugly closing of the match.

And what the hell - Medina could have iced it.... sheesh....

Reactions: Christopher Jee
NYCFC : ) : Quakes

So do we want Toronto or DC?

Super proud of where this team ended up this season and it’s amazing we were able to finish as close to LAFC as we did.

Last edited:
BTW, I was watching the MLS Matchday Central Postgame show for a while (I know, why? right...) and of course they made a disrespectful and just inept mistake against us in their graphic memorializing all of LAFC's record-braking achievements: they said the point difference to the 2nd overall team was 11 points. It is 8 actually.

Any updates on Heber?
Edit: according to Domé he felt some stiffness in his calf and the hope is that he'll be ready for the first game. Extent of the injury is to be determined, however.

Last edited:
Reactions: Christopher Jee
NYCFC : ) : Quakes

So do we want Toronto or DC?

Super proud of where this team ended up this season and it’s amazing we were able to finish as close to LAFC as we did.
You never know what team will have a good day, but DCU should be easier to beat. DCU is about as creative as a u-6 team and our dynamic approach can easily adapt to such basic tactics. Ben Olson will be so exposed by Dome.
That being said, DCU doesn't give up a whole lot of goals, so if we have an unlucky day finishing, we could easily lose 1-0 with 75% possession and 20 shots to 1.

I prefer DC cause we simply don't play well against TFC. But, TFC without Jozy is a big difference. DC is still an easier game, I think.

I think we go DC, ATL, Timbers.

The west bracket looks crazy fun. potential for two huge rivalry matches in the 2nd round.

We should have put away a few goals today.. but we came out on fire at the start and got up early. Philly without casper and bedoya is a different team. they'll both be back for playoffs most likely. Hopefully there will be good news for us with Heber. I hope it's not its quad again... maybe it was too soon for him to come back after all.

We are unstoppable when we come out with intensity. When we win the duels, play short and move off the ball with fluidity, there isn't a team that can keep up with us. We did that today for the first 30-35 minutes and Philly was basically holding on for dear life. We let them back in toward the end of the half and the 2nd half, we did not keep up that intensity. A lot of long ball was being played. We shouldn't be so tired but for a game that didn't mean a lot, maybe they just let the foot off the gas.

Good win. Hope everyone is healthy for the playoffs. 3 wins to bring home the cup. LET'S DO THIS.

Weird match, especially in that I thought it started later and that even then I forgot to turn it in until ESPN sent me an alert that we had won. I guess I just wasn’t nervous because I didn’t have to be. We played some of our prettiest football all season today and yet really took the foot off the gas.

Mata was really good today. Sweat was solid going forward and I can’t decide if he strands Callens or Callens is on a bad run of form. Probably both. Ofori also had a good day aside from the handball. Medina’s failure to ice it was just so Medina (it was the right shot but just not good enough). So it goes.

The two most puzzling things in the match were Maxi’s failure to shoot into a vacant net and SJ losing his usually excellent composure after the pen. I love SJ but that was an uncharacteristically dick move (and stupid). Ian rightly took him to task.

Dome has to be unhappy with the way we closed out. Very ragged. Only Ibeagha looked like he knew how to kill the match.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Medina really isn’t looking good. Hope he gets taken in the expansion draft.

C’mon Maxi. Take a shot.

That's a bold choice out West. A sixth place team that went 3-4-3 in the last 10 games, of which 9 were at home. I'm curious what you see in them.
And appears to have a disgruntled scorer. Certainly a bold pick.

That's a bold choice out West. A sixth place team that went 3-4-3 in the last 10 games, of which 9 were at home. I'm curious what you see in them.

I think they turn it on for the playoffs.

I think LAFC get knocked out in El Trafico because Zlatan loves playing at the banc and he loves a show. But after that, they lose steam.

Timbers play better away from home because they are more comfortable playing their defend and counter style. It will be tough against an RSL team at home, but I think they steal the win somehow and take on the Sounders in a rivalry match, where some sounders bad luck with let the Timbers through. after LAFC, the Galaxy will be worn out and again, the Timbers will win.

Timbers are a good team when they're on. They've had a shitty run of form lately and no consistency out of fernandez. but I think find that form in the playoffs like they did last year when no one expected them to reach the final. They are the only team who beat us at YS this year, after all.

I think they turn it on for the playoffs.

I think LAFC get knocked out in El Trafico because Zlatan loves playing at the banc and he loves a show. But after that, they lose steam.

Timbers play better away from home because they are more comfortable playing their defend and counter style. It will be tough against an RSL team at home, but I think they steal the win somehow and take on the Sounders in a rivalry match, where some sounders bad luck with let the Timbers through. after LAFC, the Galaxy will be worn out and again, the Timbers will win.

Timbers are a good team when they're on. They've had a shitty run of form lately and no consistency out of fernandez. but I think find that form in the playoffs like they did last year when no one expected them to reach the final. They are the only team who beat us at YS this year, after all.
I'm hoping Galaxy get it done but I honestly don't think they'll get past Minnesota. I think Minny can beat LAFC too though

Philly put out a very obnoxious video mocking our field earlier in the week, then two players get injured on their field during warmups, and another guy turns his ankle during the game. Who has the worse field again? Terrible pitch today, hopefully it didn't cost us Heber in the playoffs. Glad we're off for 18 days, hopefully it's nothing serious.

I was very surprised how good the lineup was, and even more surprised at the intensity we played with considering we had nothing to play for. Good effort, even though we did peter out in the second half. Mata was great, I thought all 4 defenders were outstanding as well. Ofori unlucky on the PK, but that was a really solid effort against a Philly team that looks like it's out of gas for the year.

Philly put out a very obnoxious video mocking our field earlier in the week, then two players get injured on their field during warmups, and another guy turns his ankle during the game. Who has the worse field again? Terrible pitch today, hopefully it didn't cost us Heber in the playoffs. Glad we're off for 18 days, hopefully it's nothing serious.

I was very surprised how good the lineup was, and even more surprised at the intensity we played with considering we had nothing to play for. Good effort, even though we did peter out in the second half. Mata was great, I thought all 4 defenders were outstanding as well. Ofori unlucky on the PK, but that was a really solid effort against a Philly team that looks like it's out of gas for the year.

The funny thing is every other teams fans in the league complain about the size of our field and that it's our home field advantage cause no one can play on it but us. But we go to their fields and dominate just the same.