Philadelphia - Postmatch

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
FINALLY A WIN! Great first half, held it together in the second.
Hopefully it translates into the playoffs. Still no clue what we’ll look like for it. Chances he keeps the same 11?

Reactions: Schwallacus
They looked so good in that first half. Like the dominant NYCFC from earlier in the season. Quick passing, passing forward through lines instead of everything out wide.

Herrera looked great again. Man did we miss him

Median was either invisible, or useless

The subs made absolutely no sense to me, other then getting Maxi some rest

First half felt like April when we were at our best. We've seen this ability in spurts at home, and we have ALWAYS looked better when playing through the opponents rather than over and around. Why we abandon it is infuriating. Amagat saw time again, and it makes no sense still. Happy to see the team play to the level we expect them to be at. Playoffs shaped up well for us, too. Who knows.

Herrera makes this team so much better in the midfield. With him and Ring together it’s a different team.

I think you see Isi on Wednesday. Mata has great flicks and tricks but doesn’t really drive play.

I hope Herrera is ok and NYCFC didn’t shoot their wad in this game and he’s exhausted in the next one.

Finally, holy hell on Amagat. The guy does not pass forward - I remember one instance right after he came in where literally NYCFC was driving on a counter and he stopped and backpassed. You want know why NYCFC looked good? Verticality. They had the Union backpedaling. Stopping and backpassing doesn’t allow that. He shouldn’t sniff the field in the playoff game but we all know he’s coming on at some point.

Football - it's fun again!

Heard quite a few boos in the SS for Amagat when he came on. Which is weird because he's actually been fine the past few games.

I didn't really see anything from the Union that particularly worries me about the rematch this week.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
That was good. Not necessarily "good enough", but "relatively good."

First half was really enjoyable, some good momentum in our movement if not necesarily the thrilling cohesive attacking we might want.

I was impressed with Mata in the second half for his endeavor in a bunch of moves on the left hand side - closing down his opponents, winning the ball. The team overall was set up to do that a lot better than recently, even if they didn't have the wherewithal to look for second balls or clever flick ons from team mates.

Great news too that we'll be playing Philly in the playoffs, they were absolutely shocking. More of that, please.

That was good. Not necessarily "good enough", but "relatively good."

First half was really enjoyable, some good momentum in our movement if not necesarily the thrilling cohesive attacking we might want.

I was impressed with Mata in the second half for his endeavor in a bunch of moves on the left hand side - closing down his opponents, winning the ball. The team overall was set up to do that a lot better than recently, even if they didn't have the wherewithal to look for second balls or clever flick ons from team mates.

Great news too that we'll be playing Philly in the playoffs, they were absolutely shocking. More of that, please.

Especially if they're fighting and yelling at each other and sub off their leading goal scorer at the half. Does anyone have any more info on that whole exchange between Burke and dokal? Poor guy seemed absolutely crushed.

Reactions: Shwafta
Should say something about Maxi and Chanot's health if they were subbed off and the guy who was out with a supposed season ending injury played 90+ in his first start.

Reactions: Christopher Jee