Pirlo not going to Euros

That is just a preliminary camp. A lot of people are missing from it like all the Juventus players. Gio and Pirlo are still playing for club, all the others are not. I won't be the least bit surprised if Pirlo and Giovinco aren't ultimately called up, but that isn't official yet.

That is just a preliminary camp. A lot of people are missing from it like all the Juventus players. Gio and Pirlo are still playing for club, all the others are not. I won't be the least bit surprised if Pirlo and Giovinco aren't ultimately called up, but that isn't official yet.

Word is that Conte called in everyone he wants except the guys on Juve and Milan as they play this weekend. Gio and Pirlo left out.

Good for MLS. Great for us.

Reactions: BossNYC and dannd23
Word is that Conte called in everyone he wants except the guys on Juve and Milan as they play this weekend. Gio and Pirlo left out.

Good for MLS. Great for us.

I'd like to see em called in. That'd be even better for MLS if they are called in and perform great IMO.

Pirlo had been critical of Conte recently and despite what both parties say, there is a little bad blood between them right now. I'd be very surprised if Pirlo was called up...but it is possible since Marchisio (Juve) & Verratti (PSG) are both hurting and Conte playing a 3-5-2.

That being said, dannd23 dannd23 is right with the rosters. There's a lot of players still off it, so nothing's final yet until the end of the month.

Reactions: Ulrich
Giovinco deserves to go. He has been tremendous in mls.

Pirlo has been there done that. Italy needs to blood young guys in so i dont think he should be going regardless of form.

From a selfish point of view id love to see him live at the game against philly or maybe bump into him on the streets of nyc !!

Reactions: Kjbert
Charlie Stillitano said this is the worst Italian Team of his lifetime. He's a guy who would know.

If Giovinco can't make this squad, then he's never going to play for Italy again.

Reactions: 21Architect
No Pirlo or Gio on the squad, with Gio's exclusion apparently being a feud with Conte from his Juventus days rather than MLS.

Reactions: Kjbert