Portland Postmatch

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Anyone else not understand the lineup decision making tonight?
Shelton is not fit to start with Lewis available if the plan is to have him play on the wing.

Reactions: roxfontaine
Worst shit I've ever seen. If PV had actual hair on his nuts instead of crayola, he'd have Mixed Pirlo and kept Mix.

That would actually have made us a better team. But he doesn't. And we aren't.

Did Lewis even touch the ball after he came in? He's sitting out on the wing open and everybody's trying to dribble and shoot through three players.

There was one instance where he would have been in on goal but Okoli shot it into two defenders instead of passing.

The best thing is that Chicago tied so NYCFC is still five points up on second.

Sean Johnson MOTM.

Pirlo was bad, and his turnover led to the goal, but the real reason we lost is the lack of Villa. If Villa was healthy, he might have had a hat trick. Nobody else could find a way to put anything on goal.

If we don't have a like-for-like for Villa, PV should have switched it up. Played a 4-1-3-2 with Harrison as secondary striker paired with Okoli or something. I know we want to "play our game," but just plugging guys in seems lazy.

I know we want to "play our game," but just plugging guys in seems lazy.
Honestly this is my biggest gripe with PV. He abjectly refuses to have different strategies up his sleeve. Why did we even sign Okoli if we weren't going to create a look that exploits a target CF?

As I said in the Shoutbox pre-match, I have no conception of how Khiry starts over Lewis.

Honestly this is my biggest gripe with PV. He abjectly refuses to have different strategies up his sleeve. Why did we even sign Okoli if we weren't going to create a look that exploits a target CF?

As I said in the Shoutbox pre-match, I have no conception of how Khiry starts over Lewis.
They might want to put Khiry in game situations to trade him eventually. That's my only thought. PV seems to see something in him. Not sure what that is. Could be trying to get a return on investment.

Reactions: Ulrich
Pirlo may literally be the least valuable player in MLS at this point.

Get that fucksquirt out ASAP.

Reactions: Goodfella
They might want to put Khiry in game situations to trade him eventually. That's my only thought. PV seems to see something in him. Not sure what that is. Could be trying to get a return on investment.
He really and truly sucks. I have backed this for years.

But this was actually his best game ever. Take that fwiw.

That portland player should have had a Red issued when taking down Maxi, but even with the yellow, his tackle/kick on TMac was deserving of a second yellow->Red. That was utter bullshit ref'ing. Add in all of the dives they took and their entire team should have been carrying yellows. That Chara punk could have been sent off. Unreal.

Back to the non-ref issues.... Pirlo should just retire after that match. For all the hustle he showed Wednesday, he must've shot his wad because he had zero tonight.

Khiry should either be a wingback or off the team, no more wing where players put him in fantastic positions to only see him not digest the situation fast enough. He had tons of opportunities to play others into the box and he didn't.

I love when forwards get selfish and take shots (if they have a halfway decent look) but Okoli has to make the pass to the open wing when outside of the box. Pick your head up. Pass it. Get in the box for a rebound.

Jack looked damn frosty as a central mid/2nd striker. He and Maxi took a turn together in the middle up high and the two of them looked like NYCFC's poor man's version of Bebeto/Romario. Tracked down everything and made darting runs. If only Lewis and villa were on the field at the same time with them.

Actually, here's the best song ever to describe that salary sucking sack of crap. Just a blue rose stroll.