Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
We go back home with Toronto knowing all they have to do is defend and they have it won. If we came out with a draw or win that lineup is genius and we rested guys. Now it's like... Why didn't we even try when away goals are crucial. We literally had 0 offense until we made subs.
Just an overall shit match. I think easily one our worst played matches of the year. Question marks all over for PV. Gutless from him. To come out and give up from the start. Sickening. To whoever traveled I'm sorry you were subject to this shit show.

Hope for better next week.

Just an overall shit match. I think easily one our worst played matches of the year.

On the other hand, possibly the best first 80 minutes of defending I've seen from us in any game where the opponent has actually challenged us. The two goals at the end were a kick in the teeth for how well the defenders were getting in the way of their shots, even if Toronto's possession probably made them deserved.

I get that we were probably limited with who we could start with injuries to Pirlo and Lamps not ready for a full match. But that just didn't work.

And now, we are fucked

absolutely awful lineup, awful subs, RJ Allen is just plain bad. Could have been worse. The trick will be not to give up a goal at home. if we can keep them scoreless at YS we will advance. The only thing I liked about our lineup was EJ starting. There was absolutely no midfield link between Bravo and Lopez starting. I understand Pirlo being injured but come on start TMac for Lopez and keep Bravo I Guess but overall, just perplexing starting lineup. I am not sure what PV is thinking.

We go back home with Toronto knowing all they have to do is defend and they have it won. If we came out with a draw or win that lineup is genius and we rested guys. Now it's like... Why didn't we even try when away goals are crucial. We literally had 0 offense until we made subs.
Just an overall shit match. I think easily one our worst played matches of the year. Question marks all over for PV. Gutless from him. To come out and give up from the start. Sickening. To whoever traveled I'm sorry you were subject to this shit show.

Hope for better next week.

When I saw the lineup of Lopez and Bravo I was just like WOW. Two players that have not been part of our success, and he starts them in the biggest game of our young history. Just Wow. the lack of midfield composure did not surprise me with these two in there. No one to service Villa. Just plain stupid.

Villa and Pirlo better be rested.

I imagine this line up.

Eye-Rick
Matta - Brilliant - Chanot - Hernandez
Iraola
Harrison - Pirlo - TMac - Shelton
Villa

Last edited:
I see what PV was going for -- and it almost worked. In fact it looked like we were about to break through before that ball ping-ponged in our box the way it has all season.

The problem with the strategy is that we don't have a good enough defense to execute it for 90 minutes. There was terrific defense for the first 80 minutes or so, but we're just not good enough to keep that team off the board for 90 minutes.

0-0 would have been a great result -- even a 1-0 loss would have been an OK result.

That was hard to watch. I don't know how they are going to pull out a win now. You could see that second goal coming the way they were playing.

Reactions: Goodfella
Close this fucking thread
giphy.gif

I am shocked at how cowardly we played. With how poor our home form is, I honestly thought Vieira would come out tonight and try to win the tie here. We were never going to keep a clean sheet at home so it was really important to at least get a goal.

Pirlo was such a massive loss.

To be fair we're undefeated in seven straight games at home. The form in the Bronx is much improved.

The midfield was a disaster -- Lopez and Bravo just can't play offensively, and it showed tonight. There was nothing brewing until Frank came on.

I don't see us keeping a clean sheet at Yankee Stadium. Which means we need to score at least 4 goals to advance. Villa better be running his butt off since he got a rest

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I am shocked at how cowardly we played. With how poor our home form is, I honestly thought Vieira would come out tonight and try to win the tie here. We were never going to keep a clean sheet at home so it was really important to at least get a goal.

Pirlo was such a massive loss.
Wait, poor home form? We've taken 13 of the last 15 points and the draw was to Dallas.

Status
Not open for further replies.