PSG wins Ligue 1 title, again, with a 9-0 victory

BossNYC

Registered
Apr 10, 2014
Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored four goals as Paris St Germain wrapped up their fourth successive Ligue 1 title in stunning style with an 9-0 thrashing of sorry 10-man Troyes.

The current champions wasted no time in stamping their authority on the game and raced into a three-goal lead inside 20 minutes.

Edinson Cavani was first to net with little over 10 minutes played after the Uruguayan intercepted a shocking back pass before slotting beyond Matthieu Dreyer at the second attempt.

Javier Pastore was next to get in on the act, dribbling his way through a half-hearted Troyes defence, before Adrien Rabiot added PSG's third, prodding home after Cavani saw his initial effort well-saved by Dreyer.

The interval did little to stem Laurent Blanc's team's flow and, in a matter of seconds, Ibrahimovic grabbed a customary goal with a neat finish from the edge of the area following some good link-up play with Cavani.

And the big Sweden international had not finished there as he secured a first league hat-trick this season with less than an hour played.

Firstly PSG's top scorer latched on to Angel Di Maria's pass before powering a well-taken first-time effort beyond Dreyer.

Then his successful afternoon was wrapped up after 55 minutes with an equally-confident finish from Layvin Kurzawa's cut-back.

The hosts' afternoon continued to go from bad to worse as Mathieu Saunier put through his own net to make it 7-0 before Lossemy Karaboue was given his marching orders for hauling down Cavani inside the area.

The Uruguay international saw his spot-kick saved but bundled home the rebound to make it 8-0 to the visitors.

And there was still time for Ibrahimovic to add his fourth of the game, finishing with his left foot from inside the area to claim his 101st league goal for the newly-crowned champions.

This is all due to the FFP rules UEFA enacted.

Same thing has happened in Germany italy and spain.

Rather than stop clubs bleeding money, it just allowed the biggest teams in each comp PSG/Bayern/Juve/Barca/real to win at a canter.

Reactions: Shane1988
This is all due to the FFP rules UEFA enacted.

Same thing has happened in Germany italy and spain.

Rather than stop clubs bleeding money, it just allowed the biggest teams in each comp PSG/Bayern/Juve/Barca/real to win at a canter.

Spain competitive in that you have 3 teams who can win the league but Germany, France and Italy is a one man team league now, one of the reasons I started to watch MLS, unfortunately the European Leagues will be like this for the foreseeable future :(

Spain competitive in that you have 3 teams who can win the league but Germany, France and Italy is a one man team league now, one of the reasons I started to watch MLS, unfortunately the European Leagues will be like this for the foreseeable future :(

Im an Inter Milan fan in Serie A and for them its now far harder to win, considering when they won the Champions League they actually lost 70 million Euros in that season. To meet FFP they basically had to gut their squad and have to self impose a salary cap which has made them non competitive. Serie A is only close this year because Juventus had a bad start, otherwise they would be winning by 12 points also.

This is why i also prefer to watch MLS now. At the start of the season nobody can say for certain who will win and that for me is more exciting to follow nowadays.

At least the Premier League is distributing Tv revenue more evenly which will make it more even in there future.

This is also half the reason the euro clubs want their own super league as their respective leagues have become too easy for them.

Reactions: Shane1988
Only until Italian Teams follow Juventus initiate and build their own stadium, Serie A will be a one team league, the league has become dated, teams are living in the past instead of adapting, the money isn't their anymore like it was 10-20 years ago, it's in England now

When the likes of Stoke and Everton can give you 100k a week wages you know the English league more competitive than anywhere else, thus the mass influence of foreign talent

I predict a European Superleague in the next 10-20 years, European Football has become all about the money now, the big teams are just interested in making lots of money which is fair but it going to destroy the domestic leagues in the process and lose their loyal traditional fans, their going to be a major divide in fans in the future, I think the big teams will end up with 70% - 80% of tourist fans in the stadium's, you get some loyalist (hardcore fans) still but more fans like myself are becoming disheartened by their teams as loyal fans are being pushed aside and being replaced by consumers

The MLS generally is competitive, it's fresh and exciting, the football level isn't quite their yet but is promising, the only thing I would advise is to keep the MLS balanced (look at the NBA, it's basically becoming a Big Market League) I think the NBA will have to go global down the line as well, the MLS need to keep it fair and about the fans, I noticed LA Galaxy have bought in a lot of ex-well known international players in, they finding ways to bring in Ashley Cole and Nigel De Jong as well so the league need to interfere and put a limit in, the league can't get to the point of having all the big teams full of 35 years old ex internationals (it's counter productive to the development of USA Soccer)

Quick mention that NYCFC do a fantastic job in fan interaction in the videos and making the fans feel part of the club, I hope they keep it like that

La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A, Ligue 1, MLS, etc, need to market themselves like the Premier League does . . . Men in Blazers often refer to them as the "Premier League script writers".