Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Thanks to everyone who participated in the Ian Joy Q&A. I really loved his answers and he was very generous with his time. Great guy!
Another great guy, RJ Allen, who must be one of the most easy going and friendly players on the team has agreed to do a Q&A with us.
Really like what RJ brought to the team last year. He came out of no where and proved to be a great pickup and did his job when his number was called.
Let's get some good questions together so I can send them over. I'll leave this up for a couple of days.

Reactions: einwindir
First Thank you RJ. You're a real inspiration for people who think of giving up after they heard no too many times in their life that they don't quit until they hear yes. My question is who was the first person you broke the news to that you would be playing professional football in NYC?

How was the transition of coming into the team midseason? To add onto that, what was the most challenging part of joining NYCFC?

Tusind tak RJ for taking the time to answer questions. I have followed the Danish leagues for decades, so happy you are here after your time in Denmark. As a player, how are leagues like the Superliga, etc. different/similar to the MLS? Also, how is training different/similar with Vieira than Kreis?

Reactions: mgarbowski
What's your favorite part about playing soccer? I remember you saying in an interview that you coached a little league coach before you tried out here. Would you ever consider being a full time coach after your amazing and glorious playing career where you win the MLS Cup with NYCFC?

How does your experience playing in Europe compare to MLS?

Whats it like playing at Yankee Stadium? Are there any issues on playing on the infield?

Do you see yourself playing any LB this year or just RB? Do you see yourself competing for a starting spot?

Who's the toughest guy you defended last season?

RJ, you recently returned from some off season training at MCFC. How do you feel about being selected for this and how do you feel it helped you?

Hey RJ,
What was the most interesting cross cultural experience you had playing in Denmark? And did you ever go to the original Lego Land there?

Reactions: Schwallacus
What one word would you use to describe the competition for starting spots on the NYCFC back line this season?

Reactions: ktdNYCFC
hey RJ, who taught you to cross a soccer ball? tell them they need to re-evaluate their life choices.
thanks,
Mariodawski.

RJ -- How has it been coming home and playing in the same area where you grew up? Do your friends and family hit you up for tickets all the time?

Based on last year, which opposing teams did the players develop the most dislike for?

How did it feel when you kept Giovinco in your back pocket vs Toronto last year? Did he say anything as he was being smothered?

RJ - as a player who has, perhaps unusually, spent several periods of time not registered for a professional club, did you find that these periods gave you a different view or understanding? Has, for example, your time spent coaching kids given you far greater tactical awareness or knowledge of training and fitness techniques, for example?

How cool is it playing as yourself in a video game?

I would add onto that, "when footballers play themselves on a video game, do you spend the entire time commenting about how you can cross balls/shoot more accurately/jump far higher in real life?

Status
Not open for further replies.