Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
Name: Richard Ledezma
Joined Club: 3/24/2023
Position: Midfielder
Number: 20

v5l7iysgz21mjt576uds.jpg

New York City Football Club acquires Midfielder Richard Ledezma on an intraleague loan from Real Salt Lake through the end of the 2023 season.

Announcement: New York City Football Club Acquire Midfielder Richard Ledezma Via Intraleague Loan From Real Salt Lake | New York City FC

TransferMarkt profile: Richard Ledezma - Player profile 2023

Twitter: https://twitter.com/richydezma

Reactions: Schwallacus

Reactions: KevinJRogers
So if I'm understanding this correctly - RSL has his rights and didn't want to give it up, so they had PSV loan him to RSL, and then RSL loaned him to us, in exchange for the GAM / slots mentioned in the signing article?

So if I'm understanding this correctly - RSL has his rights and didn't want to give it up, so they had PSV loan him to RSL, and then RSL loaned him to us, in exchange for the GAM / slots mentioned in the signing article?

sure sounds that way. basically a 1 season loan with no option to buy. of course, that doesn't mean we can't negotiate a new contract at the end of the season for a 2nd loan or permanent transfer.

Reactions: Shwafta
putting this here.. LionNYC LionNYC can move it to the roster thread when it's created.

He's trilingual -- English, Spanish and Portugese. Very cool.

So is this kid any good? All I’ve ever heard is how often he’s injured.

So is this kid any good? All I’ve ever heard is how often he’s injured.

for all intents and purposes, he'll likely be a rotation player filling in for santi or parks if they are unavailable for one reason or another. but he should be a solid rotation/backup player.

Reactions: Amon
Congratulations RSL and NYCFC combined to win the most MLS-ey thing of the week.