Rumor: Pirlo To Join Manchester City In 2 Months

Last edited:
I'm in favor of a January loan. Get him back for the season though.

Awkward language due to google translate:
Pirlo Inter? No way. Are you sure Fabio Caressa, who from the microphones of Radio Deejay shows more than skeptical about this possibility of that market for several days crowds the pages of newspapers: "Pirlo will play for a few months in the City, it is already written as it has already a contract with them. They are part of the same company. "​
http://www.calciomercato.com/news/caressa-pirlo-andra-al-city-849329

If he's gone I want him gone for the whole season, and like Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan replaced with someone who fits better. No more of this show up in July or August BS. I don't even want dannd23 dannd23 's wish to have him come back for the start of the season. Let him train with us if he's going to be here.

Awkward language due to google translate:
Pirlo Inter? No way. Are you sure Fabio Caressa, who from the microphones of Radio Deejay shows more than skeptical about this possibility of that market for several days crowds the pages of newspapers: "Pirlo will play for a few months in the City, it is already written as it has already a contract with them. They are part of the same company. "​
http://www.calciomercato.com/news/caressa-pirlo-andra-al-city-849329

If he's gone I want him gone for the whole season, and like Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan replaced with someone who fits better. No more of this show up in July or August BS. I don't even want dannd23 dannd23 's wish to have him come back for the start of the season. Let him train with us if he's going to be here.
If the Lampardgate Pt. 2 happens, you will see Midas verbally and vulgarly electric boogaloo all across the internet.

frabz-Pitchfork-Mob-ready-and-waiting-253c36.jpg

If true, it could be a good thing depending on what we do with the slot.

We do get the slot back if we loan him, right?

If we loan him to Man City and sit here without a DP, a la Fat Frank, I will lose my mind.
I believe that if it's a season-long loan and his salary is completely picked up by MCFC (or whichever club he's loaned to), then NYCFC is free to sign another DP only for the duration that Pirlo is gone, in this case hypothetically for 1 season. If shorter than a full season and/or we still have him partially on our books, then we don't get a replacement player.

I actually think he'd be an amazing reinforcement for MCFC - he'd have the skill and backup around him to float and pick his probing passes. Aguero and Sterling would be sick receiving his passes.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
If it's a season long loan, and this is just my opinion, but this is strictly for Euro 2016 purposes and he retires after the tournament. IMO of course.

I'm not against a one month loan because that means he comes into camp already in playing form and will elevate everyone else's game, but I would also be skeptical because it's CFG

Reactions: Kjbert
There probably is no player on the team who needs to play the preseason with his teammates more than Pirlo. He plays quarterback and it is critical that he has a feel for everyone's runs and tendencies, and that his teammates get the feel for what Pirlo wants them to do. Except for a few great linkups with Villa, he was often not on the same page with his runners. You need the comfort on both ends to take full advantage of Pirlo's mastery.

I'd prefer that he be gone rather than join mid-stream. In any event, I don't buy the rumor (yet).

There probably is no player on the team who needs to play the preseason with his teammates more than Pirlo. He plays quarterback and it is critical that he has a feel for everyone's runs and tendencies, and that his teammates get the feel for what Pirlo wants them to do. Except for a few great linkups with Villa, he was often not on the same page with his runners. You need the comfort on both ends to take full advantage of Pirlo's mastery.

I'd prefer that he be gone rather than join mid-stream. In any event, I don't buy the rumor (yet).
Don't have to buy the rumor, the idea is to sell it.... and CFC is probably salivating at the opportunity to sell MCFC Pirlo Jerseys - In half a season Pirlo rocketed to the tops of MLS in sales, and he'd do the same for MCFC. Don't think for an instant that if this happens, CFG hasn't considered the jersey portion of the equation.

Sky Italy is NOT like Sky Sports in terms of generally reporting facts. They're basically another tabloid. Combined with the fact Palmeri is tweeting about it (who pretends to have the inside scoop), I'd say this is fake.

Reactions: Kjbert and JayH
All of this is giving me a headache. I just hope we don't repeat the cfg bull of year one. Season 2 is supposed to be an improvement, building to be a stable team. Not more temp players and forced moves manipulated from abroad.

All of this is giving me a headache. I just hope we don't repeat the cfg bull of year one. Season 2 is supposed to be an improvement, building to be a stable team. Not more temp players and forced moves manipulated from abroad.

I doubt that CFG would not have Pirlo here for the start of the season. This is the largest NYCFC specific forum by a large margin, that means that at least someone at the local NYCFC office reads this forum once in awhile.

That means that NYCFC and by extension CFG is at least somewhat aware at how negatively the Lampard fiasco was received. CFG is aware that they need to keep the number of butts in seats growing and that the culture of real life long die hard fans has not had the time to bed in yet. CFG just can't afford more negative publicity, among its fanbase, right now.

The people who would care most about a Pirlo transfer are like you and me, guys who go to every game and spend time writing and analyzing the team. People who try to bring their friends to matches, who hype up NYC soccer. You can only piss us off so much before you alienate the most important segment of your fanbase, the people who convince other people to become fans.