Salary Cap Available For Another Big Signing

Would you rather take a forward or defender? We're pretty set in the midfield so unless its a destroyer type CDM I think it should be somewhere else on the field. We could definitely upgrade the second ST spot, but we could also look at a CB.

I'd think either CB or ST. Hopefully Facey doesn't play himself right out of NYC and back to the UK anytime soon, but it's an eventuality we should prepare for.

I would like some defensive reinforcements on the bench. Even with the additional pickups, it's where we need the most help down the line.

Reactions: BlueWarrior
I'd also like to see a CB added, I feel like we have enough attacking options available.

Reactions: BlueWarrior
Shay Facey have exended the loan I think?... He´s really doing all the P.R for us in regards to academy players we´d like have here :)

Gotta be center back. KWS has been junk, leaving Wingert. No depth at all.

A stud CB could also make up for Pirlo's relatively weak defensive capabilities.

I wonder if the $200-300k estimate includes allocation money, or if we could go higher than that and pay it down. If we have another $200k in allocation money to throw at someone, we could be looking at a Ciman level CB if we are lucky.

Defense has gotten better and better. We'll have some pieces we can move around with the two Spaniards coming in. Get another striker, and we'll have the best bench in MLS.

Reactions: Kjbert
I think the 200k-300k is expected to be spent on 3 more players. spread out. I wouldn't expect another big signing like Iraola. Possibly a couple of South American players though, which will make a lot of you happy!

Reactions: GratefulDawg
A few players who could be a fit:

Strikers: Nicola Zigic, Yannick Sagbo, Hugo Rodallega
Defensive Midfielders: Wilson Palacios, Jem Karacan, Keith Andrews
Defenders: Oguchi Onyewu, Sylvain Distin, Paul McShane

Reactions: SayWhat44

I think Packwood fits here. 200k sounds right for a YNT defender.

I think the 200k-300k is expected to be spent on 3 more players. spread out. I wouldn't expect another big signing like Iraola. Possibly a couple of South American players though, which will make a lot of you happy!
Yeah but then we have to hope they don't turn out like mendoza

Reactions: Kjbert

Bournemouth just signed Sylvain Distin but you always have good ideas on players. I would like to get a good young striker. Or an idea would be to trade Hernandez I know he's been very steady for us but he has a high salary and if we're able to sign a good CB a trade would allow us to also bring in some depth.

Reactions: kun and Kjbert
Bournemouth just signed Sylvain Distin but you always have good ideas on players. I would like to get a good young striker. Or an idea would be to trade Hernandez I know he's been very steady for us but he has a high salary and if we're able to sign a good CB a trade would allow us to also bring in some depth.

I think of all the positions, you NEVER mess with a CB pairing. It's working, don't touch it.

That being said, Paul McShane is reallllly good. Better than Liam Ridgewell I think.

I think of all the positions, you NEVER mess with a CB pairing. It's working, don't touch it.

That being said, Paul McShane is reallllly good. Better than Liam Ridgewell I think.

At the very least, we need depth. You're right, if the player is around the same level as Hernandez, you absolutely leave him on the bench until there is reason for a swap. Even if he's a little better than Hernandez, maybe you wait until the new guy gets comfortable with Facey in training and Hernandez has a bad game, then make the swap.

Paul McShane would be a great signing. Surprised that 'The Tigers' didn't sign a new contract.

which means they probably took a look at this wages, their new wage bill in the Championship and said, we can't afford you.