Say What ! Juan Carlos Osorio Thinks Mls Is A Retirement League.

TabascoDiva

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jul 28, 2014
Juan Carlos Osorio, México t National team Osorio shares his thoughts about MLS

Such gratitude for a former employer! Don Juan Carlos Osorio, It must be Mexico's City high Altitude that makes you giddy , that you forget that you gained many years of experience and made muchos dolares as the fitness coach for Metro stars and coach of Red Bulls and Chicago Fire . All whom are MLS teams , the League you now disparage.

In contrast with past Mexico coaches who have had no problem with their players going to MLS, current El Tri boss Juan Carlos Osorio doesn't think his star players should make their way to America.

"I believe that when a footballer is in his peak he should play in Europe and not MLS," said Osorio. "[MLS] is for the end of a career and not for when a footballer still has a lot to give."

Recently, Real Sociedad forward Carlos Vela was in talks with MLS, but opted to stay in Europe. Giovani dos Santos moved from Villarreal to LA Galaxy last summer, and was left out of Osorio's November squad with an injury. Eleven of Osorio's last squad play in Europe, while 12 play in Liga MX and none in MLS.

Players like dos Santos and Vela are faced with a difficult choice at the moment. If they aren't quite good enough to start for La Liga's middle-of-the-road teams, they have four options: bounce around relegation fodder teams in Europe's big five for little money, go to a less competitive European league for similar money, play in Liga MX for a little more money, or get rich in MLS. It looks like that last option might not be conducive to a national team career for Mexican stars.

ByKevin McCauley@kevinmccauleyon Jan 28, 2016, 11:51a6

Mexico national team manager Juan Carlos Osorio has advised hisEl Tristars against joining MLS clubs while they're in the prime of their careersas Giovani dos Santos did last summer.

Osorio, who coached MLS teams New York Red Bulls and Chicago Fire, said he thinks the MLS is more suited to players coming to the end of their careers.

"I believe that when a footballer is in his peak he should play in Europe and not MLS," Osorio said in a recent interview with Mexican outletExcelsior."[MLS] is for the end of a career and not for when a footballer still has a lot to give." Osorio acknowledged that each case of a player joining MLS is different, but he gave a strong hint that he would prefer Carlos Vela, heavily linked with a move to play in the U.S., to remain in Europe.

"I expressed [my opinion] to Carlos Vela last year when I was in Europe, and I believe that the objective of all players in the world is to be in Europe, or at least that is the principal objective," Osorio said.

"However, every situation has its intrinsic factors that merit a more profound analysis. I don't know Giovani [dos Santos' reasons], that's why I won't give an opinion on it, but I do consider that the objective of Mexican players and all youngsters that are coming through is to play in Europe and stay there for a long time."

Osorio didn't calldos Santos up into his first Mexico squadlast November because of an injury, although dos Santos did feature for LA Galaxy in the MLS playoffs.

Dos Santos, a 26-year-old forward, will also miss out on next month's Mexico friendly against Senegal in Miami, with Osorio saying this week thatdos Santos wouldn't be in top condition for the match.

ByKevin McCauley@kevinmccauleyon Jan 28, 2016, 11:51a6

JCO is a bitter DBag that is venting because he wasn't hired back in to MLS. He wasn't a bad coach at all, but he's bitter and acting like a petulant baby. If he doesn't consistently beat the USMNT, then he's going to rue his words.

lol.. this is a jab a gio dos santos for taking the money. he hasnt been called up since he started for playing for the galaxy ( though he wasnt the coach for the friendlies and the concacaf cup). he wants his players to play in top leagues just like any coach would want to.

He is a student of the game and i respect him for that

dude was probably scarred for life after coaching the Jersey boys. i wouldnt want to come back too

He's just a bit salty... well maybe more than just a bit.
r258297_1070950.jpg

MLS should sign all of Mexico's best players as DPs if it means their automatic exclusion from the MNT. It's a win-win for the USofA.