So long everyone!

SFphoto

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jul 24, 2014
Bay Area
After three years of living in NYC, my wife and I will be moving back to the Bay Area in a month or so. It's pretty bittersweet as NYCFC has become a pretty major part of our existence out here. The first thing we did when we made the decision to move East was to buy NYCFC season tickets. We figured that getting in on the ground floor would help connect us to our new home in an unfamiliar place.

That turned out to be the right decision. We've met a ton of great people through this team. Starting day one with the forum party at RD, a couple of days before the first game in 2015. Expanding to the bleachers, the SGs, the away day bars and here on the forums. There are teams back home that I've supported my entire life, but I've never participated in the support of a team quite like this. There is definitely a unique and communal experience behind this team.

Funny enough, I thought for sure that I would be the only NYCFC fan living in Palo Alto, CA. Only to find out that NYCFCfan NYCFCfan and his wife are making the exact same move. I hope we can get together, man!

Shoutout to NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan for making this forum a great place for discussion. No matter how unrealistic or hostile the ideas might be haha

I don't know if anyone will care to read this, but I just wanted to share what a great experience it has been being a part of all of this for someone new to the East Coast.

Looking forward to continuing this fandom from 3,000 miles away!

The nice part of following sports nowadays is that proximity means less and less. Internet fan discussions replace water cooler talk, and Internet streaming works around local broadcasting. You won't miss a beat. Good luck on the move!

Thank you for the kind words and best of luck with the relocation. For a second there I was a bit worried when I saw 'so long everyone' but glad that you're still going to be a part of the forums. Hopefully you'll have opportunities to watch the boys play in person.

Reactions: SFphoto
Good luck to you both!!! Trading beer for lattes at the games [smh]...

The nice part of following sports nowadays is that proximity means less and less. Internet fan discussions replace water cooler talk, and Internet streaming works around local broadcasting. You won't miss a beat. Good luck on the move!
Thanks, man! And it's so true. Supporting a team from far away has never been easier. Kind of pissed that I have to watch the home games from that awful YS camera angle though...

Best of luck and keep cheering for the boys in blue!! (Also, go sharks)
Thanks! I've got all the blue teams to support out there. City Blue, navy blue Quakes and Teal Sharks.

Good luck to you guys. Go forth and spread the NYCFC word.
We shall spread it like the plague.

Thank you for the kind words and best of luck with the relocation. For a second there I was a bit worried when I saw 'so long everyone' but glad that you're still going to be a part of the forums. Hopefully you'll have opportunities to watch the boys play in person.
ha yeah no worries. I'm only physically departing. And I'm going to try and drive down to LA for the NYCFC game in August!

Good luck to you both!!! Trading beer for lattes at the games [smh]...
Whoa whoa. Have you not heard of LOBINA at Avaya??

Good luck! Glad we got to meet up before you left, if even for a short time. You'll be 3,000 miles away, but if you stick around here it will be like you never left. So keep posting so we don't miss you!

Reactions: CatNYC and SFphoto
Good luck on the move. It was a pleasure meeting you. Definitely have to grab a beer before you go.

After three years of living in NYC, my wife and I will be moving back to the Bay Area in a month or so. It's pretty bittersweet as NYCFC has become a pretty major part of our existence out here. The first thing we did when we made the decision to move East was to buy NYCFC season tickets. We figured that getting in on the ground floor would help connect us to our new home in an unfamiliar place.

That turned out to be the right decision. We've met a ton of great people through this team. Starting day one with the forum party at RD, a couple of days before the first game in 2015. Expanding to the bleachers, the SGs, the away day bars and here on the forums. There are teams back home that I've supported my entire life, but I've never participated in the support of a team quite like this. There is definitely a unique and communal experience behind this team.

Funny enough, I thought for sure that I would be the only NYCFC fan living in Palo Alto, CA. Only to find out that NYCFCfan NYCFCfan and his wife are making the exact same move. I hope we can get together, man!

Shoutout to NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan for making this forum a great place for discussion. No matter how unrealistic or hostile the ideas might be haha

I don't know if anyone will care to read this, but I just wanted to share what a great experience it has been being a part of all of this for someone new to the East Coast.

Looking forward to continuing this fandom from 3,000 miles away!
Signed a lease on a place in Mountain View, we're practically neighbors. I'm sure we can get together to watch some games.