Stranger Things is the shit

I'm halfway through . . . I do hope the story gets wrapped up at the end of the season. These kids are a tad too annoying for my taste and I don't want to have the deal with them for multiple seasons.

I love how the 80's have become a "cool" period to base TV shows on (As a child of the 80's, I enjoy reminiscing over the tech and 80's culture in "The Americans").

I'm halfway through . . . I do hope the story gets wrapped up at the end of the season. These kids are a tad too annoying for my taste and I don't want to have the deal with them for multiple seasons.

I love how the 80's have become a "cool" period to base TV shows on (As a child of the 80's, I enjoy reminiscing over the tech and 80's culture in "The Americans").
It's not really a spoiler to say there is closure, yet an opening left to make a second season, which has been announced. I think you'll be satisfied enough to stop after the 8 episodes if you still don't want to go further.

Reactions: Gene
Finished it last night and really enjoyed it. Thanks for the rec Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan, it seems that you were in before the media explosion. I look forward to reading the collections of the 80s references to see any that I may have missed. They totally crushed it with the vibe. Next I need to finish the Get Down and am ready for Narcos season 2.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
This is pretty cool (spoilers of course).

Very neat.
While there was no direct visual correlation, I thought the scenes with Wynona Ryder's obsession over the lights mirrored Richard Dreyfuss in CloseEncounters building the Devils Tower out of potatoes, craft materials, and finally landscaping his living room.

I also created a thread to discuss with spoilers here:
http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?threads/stranger-things-discussion-with-spoilers.4788/

It got no replies - maybe because I did it on a game day.

Last edited:
Reactions: LostAnvil and JayH
The cast is going to be on Fallon tonight if anyone is interested.

Reactions: Vallos
This is a great compilation of references (spoilers obvi):

After getting distracted by various summer travels and whatnot, my wife and I finally picked this up in earnest over the past two weeks. So, I'm late to the party, but echo the sentiment that it is good fun and, if you are of a particular age (which we are), really resonates. So, thanks to the forum for flagging it!

My wife and I are trying incredibly hard to love this show (we're about 5 episodes in) but so far I've got this at about a 7 out of 10.

We're not close to calling this show The Shit (yet).

For perspective, I've got Mr.Robot at a 8.75 out of 10.