Supporters' Scrapbook (share How You Experience Matchday)

Midas Mulligan

Registered
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Apr 29, 2014
NYC
There are so many good shots from everyone from both matches, I think we ought to have a place to collect all of them. I'm apparently the board advocate for scrapbooking threads in addition to international liaison.

I can't help it. I just want to document the amazing experiences we have had and will have. It's been incredible to go through this extended roller-coaster of a prologue and see it culminate in the amazing experience of yesterday. It still didn't seem quite real to me just yet, having not been able to see the team live. But from the moment I made the transfer to the D train at Columbus Circle, I started to feel it. I emerged on 161st street around 2:30, and the buzz was already in the air. I've never seen so much team garb on display. The proportion of people with visible NYC gear was huge, even given that most people had on cold-weather garb. I'd imagine it would've been even more apparent if the temperature would have cooperated.

Seeing that first goal go in is something all of us, either there or watching from locales across the globe, will share in our personal and collective memories. There's no more exciting moment in sport that seeing your team put one into the back of the net. It's such an all-encompassing joy that it provides. Glad to have shared it with you all, and the 25 random folks in section 215 I high-fived and hugged.

Thinking about this collective experience made me realize the importance of the temporal sharing of these moments, but it also reminded me how we as a community can strengthen our club even more by reflecting on how we collectively and individually experience being a supporter. In that spirit, I'd like to encourage supporter posts documenting just that. Whether it's pics, videos or a narrative prose (or poetry for that matter - Mix, have you joined here yet?), whether in-stadium or pub or around the family room, let's have them.

I didn't take many photos and videos. I want to but it was just too damn cold to take off my gloves.

Seeing it all take shape in person, after 2 years of being a part of this build up, was something really special. Then seeing Villa score that goal and celebrate right in front of me and my son, and seeing my son go wild, is something I'll never forget.

We're lucky that we get to be a part of a new team that's building from scratch. Not many people can say that. We have something special here, and I can't wait for the next game.

Reactions: Paul and FCRU
I'll start with some pregame.
Someone had to be that guy. I mean, that's an away. He bought that like 2 weeks ago.DSCF6696.jpg
Boo magnet:
DSCF6697.jpg

Entrance:
DSCF6716.jpg
I posted this in another thread but the hair deserves repetition:
DSCF6735.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF6733.jpg
    DSCF6733.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 14
Post game:
Media approaching Villa and Mix. And whose that one of our guys seeming to be getting in the face of Dorman in the upper right?
DSCF6891.jpg
Hug it out bitches:
DSCF6904.jpg
Mix figures out the interviewer just wanted Villa and moves. Her loss.
DSCF6921.jpg

I was in 208 too. Other than I couldn't see the corner flag in front of us, I loved the angle we had. I'd definitely sit up there again.

Reactions: Lewis_H
I was in 208 too. Other than I couldn't see the corner flag in front of us, I loved the angle we had. I'd definitely sit up there again.

Totally agree. I am in 210 and i think that corner defintely has some of the best views for season ticket holders - especially as there arent any higher tiers on the close side at the half way line.

Man. What a day!

My fiancé and I rolled up to the Bronx from Brooklyn at noon and got there a little after 1pm. I wanted to get up there a little earlier so that we could catch the second half of the Man U v Spurs match (I'm a Spurs fan :( )

We headed into Billy's and ordered a couple of beers. We were SHOCKED when a Pabst 16oz and a Corona came out to $17 haha Ended up meeting up with @kylelovescrayons at Yankee Bar & Grill. We went down into their basement bar (kind of a deathtrap, but still awesome) and found it was the Hearts Of Oak pre game meet up. It was a small, but awesome crew down there. They had some good drink specials and it was a great way to kick off the day.

Everyone dumped out onto River around 3:15 and the (short) march to the match began. Awesome site seeing all the different SGs and Social Clubs coming together, waiving their flags and singing. I think we got lucky, because we marched right up to the gate and right in. It took us maybe 20 seconds to get through security and into the stadium. Sounds like some people were waiting in line for 45 minutes to get in? What the hell?

Now this was my first experience stepping foot in Yankee Stadium. I know it's not THE Yankee Stadium, but it's reputation precedes itself. I had the same look on my face that I did walking into MSG a few week ago. The iconic look is unmistakeable. It's just so massive and cavernous. We grabbed a beer and headed over to our seats in sec 236. I gotta say, those seats are pretty fantastic. I had some doubts based on what I saw online, but was really, really happy with the seating angle.

Now by this point I am pretty far gone, so there is quite a bit of blurriness between getting to the seats and getting home last night ha.

We sat kind of at the back of the section. We'll leave the real craziness to the youngsters. I'm really happy with the way the TIFO turned out. I was there the second day of painting and we had a little bit of trouble with the lettering, but you couldn't tell at all. It looked awesome in the end and I'm happy to have been a (small) part of it. The energy of the whole SG section was great. But I think TR needs to work on some logistics. Other than one or two chants, the rest of the chanting just kind of turned into generic Ole Ole style chants that were never really part of the plan. It's also extremely hard to hear the drum/any singing direction going on from the front of 236. That made it hard to really get involved. I think once TR figures out where to place the drum and maybe a capo or two, it will be WAY more cohesive. That said, still a great job by the whole group. It is the first game after all. It's going to be fantastic going forward.

I can't speak too much to the quality of the match, but watching highlights this morning really brought a lot back to my mind ha. Villa was an absolute champ. A class above everyone on that field last night. He is going to be a fan favorite for EVERYONE in this entire league. It is overwhelmingly obvious that is heart is into this NYC/MLS adventure. Could not have asked for a better first player/captain. Saunders was the MAN last night too. I think we all had some doubts about him going into this, but he is putting a lot of those worries to rest. Nemec was a whole new man last night. Dude still needs to work on finishing (Villa too. Both could have had a couple of goals last night), but overall, his game was MUCH better. He was winning a lot of battles and using his size to push NE off the ball.

Could not have asked for a better night to represent NYCFC. I'm new here and this has been a fantastic way to connect with my new home. The fans, the team, the field; We all shut up a lot of naysayers last night. For months we've been ridiculed because of our "plastic" and "fake" support for a team that hasn't played a game yet. Last night we proved everyone wrong. And watching those naysayers admit that was probably the most satisfying victory of all. Last night was the first time I felt like I was a part of a "big club". If this is a sign of things to come, then I think that NYCFC can truly become something significant worldwide.

I was wearing my gopro on my hat for the whole game. Have an awesome clip of the celebration after the Villa goal. Will need to go through the rest of the video I have after work tonight. I'm going to upload them to youtube and link here.