The 2021 Season Prognostication Thread

Kjbert

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Apr 24, 2014
It's time. I've loved looking back at these in the past and seeing how we've all done. After the debacle that was sports in 2020, I'm excited for a real season. Added a couple of wrinkles here for 2021:

1) Who is our leading goal scorer in 2021 (include number of goals)?

2) Who is our second leading goal scorer in 2021 (include number of goals)?

3) How many double digit goal scorers do we have in 2021 (include names)?

4) How many goals plus assists does Jesus Medina contribute in 2021?

5) How many matches combined do Justin Haak and Ty Gray play for us this season?

6) What do you think the total combined non James Sands Homegrown minutes are for 2021?

7) Over/Under players to leave the Club this summer on a permanent transfer 1.5 ?

8) Over/Under players to join the Club this summer on loan or permanent transfer 2.5 ?

9) Which player generates the most transfer rumors? James Sands and Taty Castellanos do not count

10) How many All-Stars do we have?

11) How many combined goals and assists do we get from Maxi Moralez?

12) Does Alexandru Mitrita play a match for NYCFC in 2021?

13) Who wins the Ben Sweat award for massively overachieving their contract? Seb Ibeagha and Tony Rocha are not eligible as they have won past awards. Homegrown players are also not eligible

14) Who is the manager on December 31st, 2021?

15) On what date do NYCFC play their last match of 2021?

16) What is the average attendance for Yankee Stadium games?

17) What is the average attendance for RBA Stadium games?

18) Do we play a game at a third "home stadium" this season"

19) Where does NYCFC finish in the East?

20) Number of new Homegrown signings in 2021 over/under of .5?

21) Which LB logs the most minutes for NYCFC in 2021?

22) How many BS e-mails do we get on stadium "news" from the Club between now and December 31st, 2021 over/under 1.5?

23) On what date will Yankee Stadium be fully open to ticket purchasers without restriction?

Reactions: Sabo
Thank you for getting this up! :)

1) Who is our leading goal scorer in 2021 (include number of goals)? Thiago Andrade - 17

2) Who is our second leading goal scorer in 2021 (include number of goals)? Heber - 12

3) How many double digit goal scorers do we have in 2021 (include names)? 3 - Thiago, Heber, Medina

4) How many goals plus assists does Jesus Medina contribute in 2021? 22

5) How many matches combined do Justin Haak and Ty Gray play for us this season? 18

6) What do you think the total combined non James Sands Homegrown minutes are for 2021? 900 (about 10 games worth of playing time)

7) Over/Under players to leave the Club this summer on a permanent transfer 1.5 ? Under

8) Over/Under players to join the Club this summer on loan or permanent transfer 2.5 ? Over

9) Which player generates the most transfer rumors? James Sands and Taty Castellanos do not count Medina (finally)

10) How many All-Stars do we have? 1

11) How many combined goals and assists do we get from Maxi Moralez? 19

12) Does Alexandru Mitrita play a match for NYCFC in 2021? no

13) Who wins the Ben Sweat award for massively overachieving their contract? Seb Ibeagha and Tony Rocha are not eligible as they have won past awards. Homegrown players are also not eligible Zelalem

14) Who is the manager on December 31st, 2021? Deila

15) On what date do NYCFC play their last match of 2021? November 28th

16) What is the average attendance for Yankee Stadium games? 10800

17) What is the average attendance for RBA Stadium games? 5000

18) Do we play a game at a third "home stadium" this season" no

19) Where does NYCFC finish in the East? 4th

20) Number of new Homegrown signings in 2021 over/under of .5? under

21) Which LB logs the most minutes for NYCFC in 2021? Amundsen

22) How many BS e-mails do we get on stadium "news" from the Club between now and December 31st, 2021 over/under 1.5? Over

23) On what date will Yankee Stadium be fully open to ticket purchasers without restriction? 2022, so not relevant to this season
(adding my own q)
24) Total number of goals? 54
25) Total number conceded? 45

Reactions: Kjbert
Taty Castellanos (13)
Thiago (11)
Two- Taty Castellanos (13) and Thiago (11)
12- 5 goals, 7 assists.
5) How many matches combined do Justin Haak and Ty Gray play for us this season?
3 total matches.
6) What do you think the total combined non James Sands Homegrown minutes are for 2021?
7) Over/Under players to leave the Club this summer on a permanent transfer 1.5 ?
Under- 1 player leaves.
8) Over/Under players to join the Club this summer on loan or permanent transfer 2.5 ?
Under- 1 player comes in.
9) Which player generates the most transfer rumors? James Sands and Taty Castellanos do not count
Tinnerholm generates rumors this summer going to the BuLi or back to Sweden.
1- Tinny
14- 12 assists, 2 goals (2 of 7 from the PK spot)
No
13) Who wins the Ben Sweat award for massively overachieving their contract? Seb Ibeagha and Tony Rocha are not eligible as they have won past awards. Homegrown players are also not eligible
Barraza steps up and plays well in all the callups that Johnson gets for the USMNT.
Nick Cushing
11/19/21
No.
4th, slow start strong finish.
Over- 1.
The Son of Amund
22) How many BS e-mails do we get on stadium "news" from the Club between now and December 31st, 2021 over/under 1.5?
Over- At least 3, particularly closer/leading up to the season ticket renewal phase.
23) On what date will Yankee Stadium be fully open to ticket purchasers without restriction?
July 2021

1) Who is our leading goal scorer in 2021 (include number of goals)? Taty, 12

2) Who is our second leading goal scorer in 2021 (include number of goals)? Thiago, 8

3) How many double digit goal scorers do we have in 2021 (include names)? 1 Taty.

4) How many goals plus assists does Jesus Medina contribute in 2021? 16

5) How many matches combined do Justin Haak and Ty Gray play for us this season? 11

6) What do you think the total combined non James Sands Homegrown minutes are for 2021? ~600

7) Over/Under players to leave the Club this summer on a permanent transfer 1.5 ? Under, 1

8) Over/Under players to join the Club this summer on loan or permanent transfer 2.5 ? Over, 3.

9) Which player generates the most transfer rumors? James Sands and Taty Castellanos do not count Maxi

10) How many All-Stars do we have? 2, Johnson + Tinnerholm.

11) How many combined goals and assists do we get from Maxi Moralez? 17

13) Who wins the Ben Sweat award for massively overachieving their contract? Seb Ibeagha and Tony Rocha are not eligible as they have won past awards. Homegrown players are also not eligible Alfredo Morales

14) Who is the manager on December 31st, 2021? Super Ronny Deila

15) On what date do NYCFC play their last match of 2021? November 20

16) What is the average attendance for Yankee Stadium games? 8,100

17) What is the average attendance for RBA Stadium games? 4,500

19) Where does NYCFC finish in the East? 5th

20) Number of new Homegrown signings in 2021 over/under of .5? Over, 1

22) How many BS e-mails do we get on stadium "news" from the Club between now and December 31st, 2021 over/under 1.5? Under, 1

23) On what date will Yankee Stadium be fully open to ticket purchasers without restriction? August 15

Thank you for getting this up! :)

1) Who is our leading goal scorer in 2021 (include number of goals)? Thiago Andrade - 17

2) Who is our second leading goal scorer in 2021 (include number of goals)? Heber - 12

3) How many double digit goal scorers do we have in 2021 (include names)? 3 - Thiago, Heber, Medina

4) How many goals plus assists does Jesus Medina contribute in 2021? 22

5) How many matches combined do Justin Haak and Ty Gray play for us this season? 18

6) What do you think the total combined non James Sands Homegrown minutes are for 2021? 900 (about 10 games worth of playing time)

7) Over/Under players to leave the Club this summer on a permanent transfer 1.5 ? Under

8) Over/Under players to join the Club this summer on loan or permanent transfer 2.5 ? Over

9) Which player generates the most transfer rumors? James Sands and Taty Castellanos do not count Medina (finally)

11) How many combined goals and assists do we get from Maxi Moralez? 19

13) Who wins the Ben Sweat award for massively overachieving their contract? Seb Ibeagha and Tony Rocha are not eligible as they have won past awards. Homegrown players are also not eligible Zelalem

15) On what date do NYCFC play their last match of 2021? November 28th

16) What is the average attendance for Yankee Stadium games? 10800

17) What is the average attendance for RBA Stadium games? 5000

19) Where does NYCFC finish in the East? 4th

20) Number of new Homegrown signings in 2021 over/under of .5? under

22) How many BS e-mails do we get on stadium "news" from the Club between now and December 31st, 2021 over/under 1.5? Over

23) On what date will Yankee Stadium be fully open to ticket purchasers without restriction? 2022, so not relevant to this season
(adding my own q)
24) Total number of goals? 54
25) Total number conceded? 45

i fucking love this response. So many hot takes

• Haha
Reactions: Shwafta
Medina (8)

Moralez (6)

Zero (N/A)

13 Appearances

Over

Over

Tinnerholm

Three

No

Jasson

Deila

11/11/21

9,000 including limited capacity games

7,000 including limited capacity games

No

7th

Over

Amundsen

Over

9/4/2021

Medina (8)

Moralez (6)

Zero (N/A)

13 Appearances

Over

Over

Tinnerholm

Three

No

Jasson

Deila

11/11/21

9,000 including limited capacity games

7,000 including limited capacity games

No

7th

Over

Amundsen

Over

9/4/2021
What I love about this one is that somehow you expect us to have 3 all stars, but finish 7th in the east, no goalscorers with more than 10 goals, and medina as top scorer LOL

What I love about this one is that somehow you expect us to have 3 all stars, but finish 7th in the east, no goalscorers with more than 10 goals, and medina as top scorer LOL

I can explain. I think we'll have a lot of different starters in the attacking positions, some being brought in during the summer, and none of them will ultimately stand out above the others. Medina is one of the few that starts all year long and take a half step forward so he racks up some modest stats. If we have a double digit scorer, it's either Heber with a huge second half or someone not on the roster yet.

Our midfield and defense keeps us in most games, and we just kind of float in the middle of the table while playing a lot of 1-1, 1-2, and 2-1 scorelines.

James Sands makes the All-Star Game to promote a future sale, and then two of Johnson/Chanot/Callens/Tinnerholm/Parks/Moralez also makes the cut.

EDIT: Going back to 2019, seeing New England and Portland as comps. Though I may have underestimated the difficulty of making the ASG, I never follow that or watch those games so I don't really know how that works.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert and Shwafta
1) Who is our leading goal scorer in 2021 (include number of goals)? Unnamed Summer DP Signing - 18

2) Who is our second leading goal scorer in 2021 (include number of goals)? Medina - 11

3) How many double digit goal scorers do we have in 2021 (include names)? 3 - Unnamed Summer DP Signing, Medina, Heber

4) How many goals plus assists does Jesus Medina contribute in 2021? 17

5) How many matches combined do Justin Haak and Ty Gray play for us this season? 9

6) What do you think the total combined non James Sands Homegrown minutes are for 2021? 1000

7) Over/Under players to leave the Club this summer on a permanent transfer 1.5? Under

8) Over/Under players to join the Club this summer on loan or permanent transfer 2.5? Over

9) Which player generates the most transfer rumors? (James Sands and Taty Castellanos do not count) Jasson

11) How many combined goals and assists do we get from Maxi Moralez? 13

12) Does Alexandru Mitrita play a match for NYCFC in 2021? No

13) Who wins the Ben Sweat award for massively overachieving their contract? (Seb Ibeagha and Tony Rocha are not eligible as they have won past awards. Homegrown players are also not eligible) Morales?

15) On what date do NYCFC play their last match of 2021? 2nd Round of Playoffs

16) What is the average attendance for Yankee Stadium games? 13,000

17) What is the average attendance for RBA Stadium games? 7,000

18) Do we play a game at a third "home stadium" this season". Yes (US Open Cup)

19) Where does NYCFC finish in the East? 4

20) Number of new Homegrown signings in 2021 over/under of .5? Under

21) Which LB logs the most minutes for NYCFC in 2021? Malte

22) How many BS e-mails do we get on stadium "news" from the Club between now and December 31st, 2021 over/under 1.5? Under

23) On what date will Yankee Stadium be fully open to ticket purchasers without restriction? I'm not answering this one...

Reactions: Kjbert
I went back to this thread to see who picked us to win the MLS Cup, only to see that the question wasn’t asked.

Also, only 2 of the 5 pickers chose Taty to have the most goals for us.
I mean I know it's not prognostication, but...
1639764701869.png

...and thus,1639764732433.png
(both Joshua and I picked us winning in the bracket challenge)

I mean I know it's not prognostication, but...
View attachment 11734

...and thus,View attachment 11735
(both Joshua and I picked us winning in the bracket challenge)

I had 250 points. I thought I was in the NYCFC forums league, but i guess not.

I also picked NYCFC to play the rapids in the final and NYCFC winning. My whole eastern conf bracket was perfect. The RSL shockers and the rapids bottling their matchup ruined my western conf bracket.

I had 250 points. I thought I was in the NYCFC forums league, but i guess not.

I also picked NYCFC to play the rapids in the final and NYCFC winning. My whole eastern conf bracket was perfect. The RSL shockers and the rapids bottling their matchup ruined my western conf bracket.
I somehow also didn’t get into the forums contest. I had 205 points, 185 of which were from picking NYCFC to win the Cup.

Bump.

Going to post the 2022 version this evening.