The Forum Auto Correct of NY-RB (w/o the hyphen) to NJRB Is Bullshit

Status
Not open for further replies.
What other parts of my writing have you been changing without my consent?

EDITED to delete unnecessary vulgar name-calling. Sorry.

Last edited:
I'm not a petty asshole and I resent having my words changed without my consent to make me look like one.
In principle, I agree with your point about changing the text. But I did think you were taking the piss with us on this one due to the phrasing here and what the change actually is, which some would characterize as a pretty small and insignificant board joke. It's not even all that uncommon - many boards change words for various reasons. It's usually swears/curse words, but is that so different?

IIRC, it was all around the ESB Twitter thing, and it was meant to be in good rivalry related fun. We are a sports board and that's our top rival. Can we just add it to the TOS and make it okay? Is it not even a little amusing?

Again, I appreciate your stance from a philosophical standpoint, and if the board were SCOTUS and we were setting some sort of precedent, I'd be fully on board. But this little quirk seems a pretty innocuous gaffe at RBNJ to me. Hate to see you leave over a laugh I'm sure Dan and the rest of us thought everyone was in on.

Redbulls
Red bull
New York Red Bull
NY Redbull
Redbull NY
Red Bull NY

Sorry, just testing this out to see if how encompassing it was.

mgarbowski mgarbowski This is just an old joke from ages ago relating to our dearest rivals - it's nothing more than that. I can assure you that that is the only censoring on the entire site - there are absolutely no other phrases which get censored. This isn't a site where we use the admin tools to twist what you guys are saying. What would we gain from doing anything more?

Reactions: Albany_NYCFC
I will also say that we're hosted in the UK (awesome host) so freedom of speech doesn't apply here. Pretty sure you get the guillotine over there still for speak out like this. :thumbsdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.