The Railroad Chant

ellio_ray

Registered
Mar 3, 2015
Hey Everyone,
All in all I would like to applaud all the founding members and growing members of the Third Rail for putting together a fan base and chants that will only grow louder and stronger with time and effort.
However, after watching the highlights from the second week of the MLS on TV I saw one thing in common with all the games. The fan bases of each team all have similar chants and songs and the select few (we won't mention any names, but we know who they are) have signature chants. So, to get to the point, I think I have a unique chant that would really only make sense to The Third Rail; it's called "The Railroad Chant".
I humbly will not take credit for this chant as I will only give credit to the the best high school fan base in all of New Jersey (Marauder Nation) but it goes a little something like this altered a bit for soccer and for NYCFC:
Leader (L): I went down to the rail road
Crowd (C): YEA YEA!
L: To see what I could see
C: YEA YEA
L: Somebody said (enter opponent team here)
L: I said what the hell does that mean to me.
L: I went back down to the railroad
L: and I put my fat ear to the tracks
L: Somebody said NEW YORK CITY
L: I said now that's where it's at!
L: NEW YORK CITY is the greatest
L: I swear on my soul
L: and if you don't believe us
L: we'll show you victory
C: AND SCORE YOU GOALS!
LET'S GO NEW YORK
LET'S GO NEW YORK
LET'S GO NEW YORK

I look forward to hearing from people to see what they think of this chant. If you would like this chant played out or heard let me know and if enough people show interest I can show up at a bar or even at a tailgate and perform. I'm no capo but I have had my share of experience and I think this chant would definitely blow the roof off any bar and even Yankee Stadium.
Thanks,
ellio_ray

That looks like it could be pretty fun. I'd have to hear it played out before I really decided, but I kinda like it

Hey Everyone,
Last night I posted a thread for an idea to a chant. In case you didn't see it here it is again; it's called "The Railroad" Chant. I'm sure more people would have expressed interest had there been audio to support the chant. It's the original so just picture it said with an NYCFC style to it:

Leader (L): I went down to the rail road
Crowd (C): YEA YEA!
L: To see what I could see
L: Somebody said (enter opponent team here)
L: I said what the hell does that mean to me.
L: I went back down to the railroad
L: and I put my fat ear to the tracks
L: Somebody said NEW YORK CITY
L: I said now that's where it's at!
L: NEW YORK CITY is the greatest
L: I swear on my soul