Things To Come (hopefully)

MrE

Registered
Jun 1, 2014
I show you guys this because I hope it is what you can expect.
I hope you get the full package we got at MCFC. I want NYCFC to grow to be the best MLS team, and want to show you what fantastic owners you have. We were sceptical back in 2008 when we got took over. Now most of us are behind the Sheik, I hope this will help you understand why I am so pro Mansour and CFG.

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=308386

You will probably have this within a decade, give CFG, and Mansour a chance !!!

Nobody except ManC fans cares about the sentiments in the Bluemoon forum in 2008. Sorry if this comes around rude, but other supporters are not parading their affiliations into this NYC forum either. Just because we use the same laundry and bank, that doesn't give you the keys to the house.

Mod edit: removing provocative language

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody except ManC fans cares about the sentiments in the Bluemoon forum in 2008. Sorry if this comes around rude, but other supporters are not parading their affiliations into this NYC forum either. Just because we use the same laundry and bank, that doesn't give you the keys to the house.

Hang on, I am saying here that you can hopefully expect the same given time, I am showing you Yesterdays state of the art academy opening, and the reaction to it.
What the hell does it have to do with 2008
We do have the keys to the house in Manchester, just as you will have the keys to the New York house very soon.
There was no slight on NYCFC in my post, and I couldnt give a stuff about other affiliations...
What is your problem ?

And by the way its the very same thing you will be using for training in January, is that not enough justification to show it on an NYCFC Forum

Can you please confine that kinda bromance flashback to yourself? Nobody except ManC fans cares about the sentiments in the Bluemoon forum in 2008. Sorry if this comes around rude, but other supporters are not parading their affiliations into this NYC forum either. Just because we use the same laundry and bank, that doesn't give you the keys to the house.

The identity of this fan base is becoming defensive and there is a self fulfilling prophecy of little brother syndrome happening. Any mention of MCFC and we jump down someones throat, defending ourselves. please lets stop with that , it makes us look more like what you are trying to avoid. This gentleman simply stated that he has gone through a similar experience with CFG already and thinks we will be pleasantly surprised by them and wished us well. What do we do? like a-hole little brothers with an inferiority complex we jump down his throat. STOP its getting old.

The identity of this fan base is becoming defensive and there is a self fulfilling prophecy of little brother syndrome happening. Any mention of MCFC and we jump down someones throat, defending ourselves. please lets stop with that , it makes us look more like what you are trying to avoid. This gentleman simply stated that he has gone through a similar experience with CFG already and thinks we will be pleasantly surprised by them and wished us well. What do we do? like a-hole little brothers with an inferiority complex we jump down his throat. STOP its getting old.

Thank you for your backing guys.

This is ridiculous. Linking to blue moon. There are fans of other prem teams and world teams on this board. You have crossed the line into trolling at this point.

This is ridiculous. Linking to blue moon. There are fans of other prem teams and world teams on this board. You have crossed the line into trolling at this point.

No I am showing you what the CFG have brought to us, the same things you have been promised.

Mod edit: removing provocative language

The two are intrinsically linked, or are you of the opinion that Santa Claus is bringing you a football club.

The Maras and Tisches (Giants owners) are respected because they have committed to a winning team and generally stay out of football operations. Woody Johnson is disliked because he meddles in the Jets and the team always stinks.

The jury is still out on CFG, so far. If their first big move is to keep Lampard in England to the detriment of our team, I can guarantee no one here will love them whether we win or not.

Your cheerleading for some corporate entity is offputting to me, at least, and I am sure others.

(And as an aside, you have no idea what we can expect based on how MC was treated. It hasn't been established how NYC will be handled when our and your desires clash)

Mod edit: removing provocative material

Guys, linking to another Forum is fine if it helps to develop conversation. M MrE 's intention was to provide an inside perspective on the brand new facility in Manchester. I disagree that his post was meant as a troll. Please keep any further posts on topic.

I'm no Man City fan (Chelsea is my EPL team) but I know damn well who I got in bed with when I decided to follow NYCFC. Without a $100M investment from CFG, there is no NYCFC. Make no mistake about it, that sizeable investment is what made MLS turn their head and suspend the Soccer Specific Stadium requirement and get a team in our city a lot quicker than would have if that requirement was pressed. To think CFG will make an investment of that proportion and then say, "off you go, do as you please, NYCFC" is just silly. I do think, over time, NYC will develop their own unique flavor but the connection to MCFC will persist. They do own the club after all.

I'm no Man City fan (Chelsea is my EPL team) but I know damn well who I got in bed with when I decided to follow NYCFC. Without a $100M investment from CFG, there is no NYCFC. Make no mistake about it, that sizeable investment is what made MLS turn their head and suspend the Soccer Specific Stadium requirement and get a team in our city a lot quicker than would have if that requirement was pressed. To think CFG will make an investment of that proportion and then say, "off you go, do as you please, NYCFC" is just silly. I do think, over time, NYC will develop their own unique flavor but the connection to MCFC will persist. They do own the club after all.

Man City do not own the club as far as I know CFG own both clubs.
I agree fully with the rest of your post though

There's nothing wrong with this post or link. I think some of you need to take it easy. It's all on topic and not incendiary in my opinion. And I'm in Goodfella's shoes (Arsenal supporter here), both sides of the aisle need to get away from this inflammatory thinking and mindset and either accept certain connections or don't.

The jury is still out on CFG, so far. If their first big move is to keep Lampard in England to the detriment of our team, I can guarantee no one here will love them whether we win or not.

Your cheerleading for some corporate entity is offputting to me, at least, and I am sure others.

(And as an aside, you have no idea what we can expect based on how MC was treated. It hasn't been established how NYC will be handled when our and your desires clash)

CFG's first moves were buying the franchise, showing intent to build a stadium and bringing in world class players. I think all they've done so far is show their intentions for building the best team in MLS.

It amazes me how people get twisted over this Lampard issue when all we've done is first class.

Reactions: AndreT_NY and MrE
The most "amazing" part about this debate is the complete and utter lack of moderation on both sides.

MrE started this thread with a fairly innocuous post about CFA and well wishes for the future in NY. People immediately jump on him for having the audacity to mention the demonic CFG. Those posters in turn get jumped on for having the audacity to question the almighty CFG.

The fact is that CFG has done some great things for this club AND has screwed up some (thus far fairly minor) things as well. And it's probably going to continue that way. Something like CFA in New York would be great. Keeping Lampard through the season would be a huge PR mistake. But for fucks sake people, keep things in perspective. There is no need to divide this forum between CFG fanbois and haters.

The most "amazing" part about this debate is the complete and utter lack of moderation on both sides.

MrE started this thread with a fairly innocuous post about CFA and well wishes for the future in NY. People immediately jump on him for having the audacity to mention the demonic CFG. Those posters in turn get jumped on for having the audacity to question the almighty CFG.

The fact is that CFG has done some great things for this club AND has screwed up some (thus far fairly minor) things as well. And it's probably going to continue that way. Something like CFA in New York would be great. Keeping Lampard through the season would be a huge PR mistake. But for fucks sake people, keep things in perspective. There is no need to divide this forum between CFG fanbois and haters.
I moderate when i read the posts. Can't do it any faster than that.

I moderate when i read the posts. Can't do it any faster than that.

Not that kind of moderation. ;)

I mean that responses from both sides are too extreme and totalitarian. Instead of asking if each individual move they make is a good one, it seems like the debate has turned into "Why do you support anything CFG does?" vs. "Why don't you give unquestioning support to everything CFG does?"

Reactions: Tiger Jones and MrE

I mean that responses from both sides are too extreme and totalitarian. Instead of asking if each individual move they make is a good one, it seems like the debate has turned into "Why do you support anything CFG does?" vs. "Why don't you give unquestioning support to everything CFG does?"
no lack of moderation. I've had all my posts on this thread deleted & received a warning. Some real sensitive people on here I must say.

For my part Ahab, I do not expect people not to question CFG, the owners etc that can be debated if and when people want.
For me it is the almost personal attacks because most topics I get involved in link the Group. I am still learning about MLS, MLS players, MLS managers etc, and I do not feel I can contribute in a worthwhile manner to those debates yet.

But whenever I contribute anything the usual suspects jump on me for supporting both MCFC and NYCFC and I end up defending my position.

I am sorry to those of you who feel this is a pro CFG v anti CFG argument. .. it was never meant to be that way from my side

Reactions: Ahab_Flanders