Ticket Changes From Last Year

Lasker

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Feb 27, 2015
Kingsbridge
I just bought a couple of add-on seats through account manager and thought I would share a couple of changes I noticed from last year.

The seats nearest the bleachers in 205 are now available as single ticket sales - This is completely understandable and it will of course look better on TV to have those seats filled but I liked being able to go sit in the empty seats there last year whenever we were attacking that side. For my money it is the best view on all of the main level with the possible exception of Batter Eye. As an aside, at the moment, they are only on sale through Ticketmaster, and not through account manager.
I wonder whether they will do the same with all the empty seats in 234? Again, they absolutely should sell these seats - the view is great! - but it was nice to be able to go and take those empty seats regardless of where your purchased ticket was last year.

The prices for City Member add-ons have gone up at a faster rate than prices on the whole, but there is no longer any $2 fee from Ticketmaster, which softens the blow somewhat.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed here already but I think we can confirm that mobile entry will be available this year, since it is mentioned in the receipt.

Reactions: Goodfella and JayH
baffles me why they don't sell that triangle slice of seats in 234 but not complaining as it leaves lots of room for friends to visit me

Reactions: Lasker
baffles me why they don't sell that triangle slice of seats in 234 but not complaining as it leaves lots of room for friends to visit me
I moved my tickets from 233B to 234 and based on what I had to choose from I think they're selling the whole section. I didn't realize they hadn't last year.

Reactions: Goodfella
I just bought a couple of add-on seats through account manager and thought I would share a couple of changes I noticed from last year.

The seats nearest the bleachers in 205 are now available as single ticket sales - This is completely understandable and it will of course look better on TV to have those seats filled but I liked being able to go sit in the empty seats there last year whenever we were attacking that side. For my money it is the best view on all of the main level with the possible exception of Batter Eye. As an aside, at the moment, they are only on sale through Ticketmaster, and not through account manager.
I wonder whether they will do the same with all the empty seats in 234? Again, they absolutely should sell these seats - the view is great! - but it was nice to be able to go and take those empty seats regardless of where your purchased ticket was last year.

The prices for City Member add-ons have gone up at a faster rate than prices on the whole, but there is no longer any $2 fee from Ticketmaster, which softens the blow somewhat.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed here already but I think we can confirm that mobile entry will be available this year, since it is mentioned in the receipt.
I moved my season tickets from 228 to 205 this year. I sat in 205 opening day last year and really liked the view. It felt like we were right on top of the field. In 228, you are definitely set back more.

Was the reason they kept the seats closest to the bleachers open last year because of the rail at the end that could possibly obstruct your view?

Reactions: Gene
I like that side of the field too. Quick Question: Do you recall if the end railing at the right side end of section 205 blocks your view at all?

[QUOTE="Was the reason they kept the seats closest to the bleachers open last year because of the rail at the end that could possibly obstruct your view?[/QUOTE]

yes. I sat in 206 last year, row 5 or 6, was able to move over and up to 205 row 3 for this year. Great area, right on top of the field and easy in and out to subways. But yes the rail on the right side (looking towards the field) of 205 can obstruct your view if you're too far to the right. I wonder why they decided to sell them this year.

Reactions: Gene
Has anyone figured out how Mobile Entry is supposed to work? It is there in the Ticket Manager with a flyover box saying you can get in with your smartphone no matter what ticket delivery method you choose, but doeesn't explain how.
I'm not sure I need it. I like the cards. But I don't see how it is enabled exactly. Do you activate the print option, and then display the PDF on your phone?

Has anyone figured out how Mobile Entry is supposed to work? It is there in the Ticket Manager with a flyover box saying you can get in with your smartphone no matter what ticket delivery method you choose, but doeesn't explain how.
I'm not sure I need it. I like the cards. But I don't see how it is enabled exactly. Do you activate the print option, and then display the PDF on your phone?

Per Account Manager site:

"This icon on an event means you can also get in with your smartphone. Simply log into My New York City FC AccountManager using your smartphone, select an event, and click 'view tickets'"

They WILL NOT accept a PDF generated via the Print Option that you email to yourself or someone else, although I don't see a 'view my tickets' option

Reactions: mgarbowski

"This icon on an event means you can also get in with your smartphone. Simply log into My New York City FC AccountManager using your smartphone, select an event, and click 'view tickets'"

They WILL NOT accept a PDF generated via the Print Option that you email to yourself or someone else, although I don't see a 'view my tickets' option
Thanks. I looked for that explanation and couldn't find it.

Meanwhile, Parking Passes are now active. If you bought that package, it seems you have to Print them out from PDF. You cannot sell them on the exchange but there seems to be no obstacle to selling the PDF via Stubhub. The printout also comes with a Section, Row and Seat number, which seems odd. My Section number is 153, and I'm in the 153rd Street Garage. My guess is that the Row and Seat numbers are space fillers.

That's absolutely lame.... the team has a phone App so it should be an integrated menu option within it - one should simply have to log in via the App and have the barcode pop up, whereas going through a phone's web browser is really annoying. Or how about making it so on an iPhone the ticket can be placed in the passbook/wallet???

That's absolutely lame.... the team has a phone App so it should be an integrated menu option within it - one should simply have to log in via the App and have the barcode pop up, whereas going through a phone's web browser is really annoying. Or how about making it so on an iPhone the ticket can be placed in the passbook/wallet???

Sounds like feedback you should send to NYCFC Fan Services! Personally, I carry my season card in my wallet

Thanks. I looked for that explanation and couldn't find it.

Meanwhile, Parking Passes are now active. If you bought that package, it seems you have to Print them out from PDF. You cannot sell them on the exchange but there seems to be no obstacle to selling the PDF via Stubhub. The printout also comes with a Section, Row and Seat number, which seems odd. My Section number is 153, and I'm in the 153rd Street Garage. My guess is that the Row and Seat numbers are space fillers.

Yup, I am in Section 161 (161st st garage). Seats must just be a filler starting with 1 for how many people bought the parking pass...I think I am in the 20s or something like that. It is a printout from PDF, sucks that you can't sell them on the exchange but I guess StubHub it is.

I spoke with my rep yesterday and he said as of now NYCFC is still planning on accepting paper tickets (print outs of the PDFs) for their games this season regardless of what the Yankees do. He also mentioned it could change later into the summer, but as of now they would be accepted.

Any idea if the process for sending a ticket through the account manager for a friend to print and bring is still the same?

I spoke with my rep yesterday and he said as of now NYCFC is still planning on accepting paper tickets (print outs of the PDFs) for their games this season regardless of what the Yankees do. He also mentioned it could change later into the summer, but as of now they would be accepted.

nooooo.....damn so now i gotta get that app and crap when i want to bring family to a game, when the weather is nice

Any idea if the process for sending a ticket through the account manager for a friend to print and bring is still the same?
the transfer option is working the same, I just had a friend transfer 2 tickets to me. I was emailed the offer, accepted via the link and they are sitting there in my account with print option available.

The alternative is to use print option yourself, save as PDF and email to your friend.

Reactions: JayH
You have to transfer the tickets to your Apple wallet, and it's a separate move for each ticket and each game. I transferred the first game's tickets yesterday. Just go to the NYCFC Account Manager site and follow the instructions. You will have to do this from your phone.

Reactions: Paul and mgarbowski