413Blue

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Apr 23, 2014
MA
It's now live.
http://www.nycfc.com/city-ticket-trade-in?cluid=
Ticket Trade-In Program Guidelines:
  • City Members can exchange a maximum of four (4) matches. Once a match has been played, those tickets cannot be exchanged.
  • Program is available for City Membership seats and MLS regular season home matches only.
  • Certain blackout dates apply and all matches are subject to availability.
  • Cannot trade out of March 12 vs DC United or October 22 vs Columbus Crew SC.
  • Cannot trade into August 6 vs NY Red Bulls.
  • Tickets must be traded a minimum of three (3) business days in advance of the match you will not be attending and the match you would like additional tickets for. The replacement match must be selected at the time of trade-in.
  • You can only exchange for tickets in the same or higher price category. We will do our best to place your new seats as close as possible to your City Member seats.
  • If you wish to upgrade to a higher price category and pay the difference, please indicate so in the Notes section on the form below. A Membership Services Executive will contact you.
  • Ticket trade-ins across multiple matches cannot be combined into additional tickets for a single match.
  • Traded-in tickets must be applied to a different match. You cannot trade-in your tickets to simply relocate them for the same match.
  • Tickets must be paid for in order to be available for trade-in.
  • You will be able to access your exchanged tickets via My AccountManager. Exchanged tickets will not be available on your Seasoncard.
  • Tickets exchanged via the Trade-in Program are not eligible for City Points.
  • All ticket trade-in requests must be submitted online. Requests will not be accepted via phone, email or at the Yankee Stadium Box Office.
  • All exchanges are final. No cancellations.
  • Other restrictions may apply.

I appreciate this a lot but if I want to forward my 2 tickets to a future game and bring friends, I'd love to be able to sit with them. I know this would be a hassle for the team to manage so I don't know how the team would even do this.

Reactions: adam
I appreciate this a lot but if I want to forward my 2 tickets to a future game and bring friends, I'd love to be able to sit with them. I know this would be a hassle for the team to manage so I don't know how the team would even do this.
I thought there might be an option for you to willingly give up your 2 seats, for example, and the club would give you 4 together as close by as possible. But I guess not, and like you, I understand it would be tough to coordinate, so not a real disappointment.

Reactions: Gotham Gator
While it would be a hassle, the only solution would be to purchase additional tickets with your trade-in seats, if they allow you. Then sell your normal seats for that match.

I wish they would simply give you some type of flex ticket.

I thought there might be an option for you to willingly give up your 2 seats, for example, and the club would give you 4 together as close by as possible. But I guess not, and like you, I understand it would be tough to coordinate, so not a real disappointment.

This is really the only way to make it work, and it shouldn't be that hard. If I can go on the Ticket Exchange and buy 6 seats together for some future game, then why can't I trade my 3 from one game and 3 from that future game to get the 6?

Reactions: adam
This is really the only way to make it work, and it shouldn't be that hard. If I can go on the Ticket Exchange and buy 6 seats together for some future game, then why can't I trade my 3 from one game and 3 from that future game to get the 6?
My instinct is to agree. Experience has taught me, however, that my certainty that someone else's project is simple often is without basis.

Not quite sure why the home-opener, perhaps they fear high demand fro trade-ins knowing it will be cold. The Columbus match is the home finale, so I can understand that one.
Fair. It didn't really register they were the first and last (home) games.

Anyone hear back from the ticket office yet?

Yesterday I made the first historic ticket trade-in transaction and I received my confirmation today. Because I won the President's Suite sweepstakes for Saturday, and selling my regular tickets with the weather seemed a longshot, I traded them in for a future game. I had to rush because you have to do it 3 business days before the game you are trading from and that was yesterday, and I only found out I won yesterday early afternoon

The form is simple enough.
DO NOT GO TO TICKET MANAGER. I wasted a while on that. The proper link is at the top of the thread here and I'll repeat it: http://www.nycfc.com/city-ticket-trade-in?cluid=
You need your account ID, then you select the game you're trading from, how many seats, list the seats, and the game you want to trade into. That was a bit annoying, because I was rushed and didn't have time to consult with anyone, and now maybe my family can't go to that game, but, it's fine and will work out somehow. The extra seats are in the same section, in row 6 seats 11-12 while my regular ones are Row 1, Seats 1-2. Obviously your experience will depend on the specifics of your section, etc. The new tickets for the future game are already in ticket manager, although I cannot do anything with them until 2 weeks before the match.

Last edited:
I had a hit yesterday too. Unfortunately, there are few available seats in the Championship section (despite many empty seats every game l, so I was only able to get seats one section over...

I had a hit yesterday too. Unfortunately, there are few available seats in the Championship section (despite many empty seats every game l, so I was only able to get seats one section over...
stuff like that makes my wicked mind think. OK so many empty seats so sell my tickets in my section, go buy nose bleed seats, bring my season card with me and just flash it at the attendant and go back and sit in my section. High level seats, for nose bleed prices. (assuming you can get face on your resale, even so, you can do this to recoup some costs by listing under face).

Yesterday I made the first historic ticket trade-in transaction and I received my confirmation today. Because I won the President's Suite sweepstakes for Saturday, and selling my regular tickets with the weather seemed a longshot, I traded them in for a future game. I had to rush because you have to do it 3 business days before the game you are trading from and that was yesterday, and I only found out I won yesterday early afternoon

The form is simple enough.
DO NOT GO TO TICKET MANAGER. I wasted a while on that. The proper link is at the top of the thread here and I'll repeat it: http://www.nycfc.com/city-ticket-trade-in?cluid=
You need your account ID, then you select the game you're trading from, how many seats, list the seats, and the game you want to trade into. That was a bit annoying, because I was rushed and didn't have time to consult with anyone, and now maybe my family can't go to that game, but, it's fine and will work out somehow. The extra seats are in the same section, in row 6 seats 11-12 while my regular ones are Row 1, Seats 1-2. Obviously your experience will depend on the specifics of your section, etc. The new tickets for the future game are already in ticket manager, although I cannot do anything with them until 2 weeks before the match.
Do you get to pick from available extra seats in your section, or are they assigned?

Slightly off topic, looking in ticket manager some of my seats say action required and some say printed by box office for games. Anyone else seen this?9

I am wondering if I can trade in 2-3 games into one game in particular and get a bigger block.
The form could not handle that. You would have to contact a rep and ask.

Thinking on it now, I wonder if you could put in multiple separate requests to trade out of 2-3 games but all into the same 1 game. I don't think the form would prevent that. They might call or email you to say you can't or simply that there aren't many seats nearby and the additional ones would be further away.