Time for Third Rail to change their logo

You repeatedly post on this issue in every thread whether it has anything to do with CCL or not and you have completely misrepresented what is actually going on. Here are some facts:

1) The Third Rail has a leadership structure elected by its members. Like most electoral structures, decisionmaking is delegated to the leadership positions. For example, I am a member of TR and I had no input into the statement that TR leadership adopted about CCL.

2) TR has not unilaterally issued any statements, it has co-signed statements that ever other NYCFC supporter group has also co-signed/adopted. I pointed this out to you already and you have ignored it. Their logos are literally plastered on the statement, but in case you couldn't make out the names: Third Rail, NYC Supporters Club (NYCSC), Los Templados, NYC 12, Bronx Football Social Club (BFSC), and Minervas. The first statement was when it was still a rumor that the game would be at RBA, the second statement was after:

3) The second statement uses the royal we ("as an organization [have decided] to not not to participate in this match"; "we will be co-hosting a watch party"). Ok, what does that mean that "we" decided? I didn't decide, and the statement actually doesn't reflect my personal preference. Ok, read the last paragraph, it literally address this: "We know that this may be a difficult decision for many of you, and for those that do decide to attend the 2/26 match at Red Bull Arena, we support your decision to be there for our players." (emphasis added).

The statement means, in terms of whatever organizational support they would lend through their decisionmaking process, TR has elected to co-host a watch party in Manhattan with all the other groups. But explicitly the leadership acknowledges that TR members are free to support the team as they see fit, and they support that.

JFC please stop posting this inane BS
I apologize if I misunderstood and continue to misunderstand.

Admittedly, my reactions are more due to what I was "hearing" from others. Although after looking at the attachments you sent, my thoughts on this topic haven't really changed.

When I read a statement that brings up boycotting and a flier that reads, "at RBA is unacceptable... and we as an organization have decided not to participate in this match..." along with "We encourage every supporter to join the watch party in the Bronx." I get the notion that an organization has decided to not participate in a match and encourages supporters to be in the Bronx rather than the stadium where the game is being played.

Yes, the watch party flier does include, "We know that this may be a difficult decision for many of you, and for those that do decide to attend the 2/26 match at Red Bull Arena, we support your decision to be there for our players." but what is the dominant message overall about attending the match through these postings?

I still believe that all supporters groups should be mobilizing to get support to RB Arena for the team and this does not seem to be the sentiment of TTR.

I will not post about this anymore.

Okay, this thread started as the Third Rail should change their logo, now we're talking about protests for the "home" leg at RBA. Should this thread just merge with the match thread?

Okay, this thread started as the Third Rail should change their logo, now we're talking about protests for the "home" leg at RBA. Should this thread just merge with the match thread?

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Christopher Jee