Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
Name: Jose ‘Tony’ Alfaro
Joined Club: 12/22/2022
Position: Defender
Number: 93

MicrosoftTeams-image (109)

New York City Football Club can today announce that it has signed free agent defender Jose ‘Tony’ Alfaro through the 2023 season with an option for 2024.

Announcement: New York City Football Club Signs Defender Jose 'Tony' Alfaro | New York City FC

MLSsoccer.com profile: Jose Alfaro | MLSsoccer.com

TransferMarkt profile: Tony Alfaro - Player profile 2022

Twitter:

The only posts for Tony was his announces to sign and traded. Damn.

The Club will receive a guaranteed $125,000 in 2023 GAM with an additional $375,000 in GAM if certain performance metrics are met.

• Wow
Reactions: moogoo

The Club will receive a guaranteed $125,000 in 2023 GAM with an additional $375,000 in GAM if certain performance metrics are met.

rough but with Haak stepping up as a CB, not surprised by this at all.

giphy.gif

Reactions: JCMore and Joe_Cos
Good business by the club but kinda feel bad for the guy. Unless he wanted the move, he's being uprooted all of a sudden and that's that. Don't know if he has a family, but if he does that would suck

Reactions: Shwafta
Good business by the club but kinda feel bad for the guy. Unless he wanted the move, he's being uprooted all of a sudden and that's that. Don't know if he has a family, but if he does that would suck
The upshot is he appears to be moving to a team that has a greater need for him right now, increasing his chances of playing time. For most young pro athletes, I'm sure that outweighs the uprooting issues. Not to mention, he's going to SoCal, not a less desirable City.

i think he was raised in the area so its like a homecoming for him.

The upshot is he appears to be moving to a team that has a greater need for him right now, increasing his chances of playing time. For most young pro athletes, I'm sure that outweighs the uprooting issues. Not to mention, he's going to SoCal, not a less desirable City.

just really depends if he has a family or not. enrolling kids in school and yanking them all of a sudden.. that's no fun. but if he's single, then it's probably no big deal.

Tony has has 8 teams since 2014 including Ventura County, Reno 1868, and a Mexican team whose Wikipedia page is so confusing I’m not certain if it still exists.
I think he just wants to ball with anyone who will have him.

Thanks for the memories, Tony.

Still better than Eloi Amagat and Adam Nemec.
Amagat really wasn't that bad. Getting that red card so early on in the HRD set in everyone's minds so early on that he was crap and clouded our thoughts on him IMO.

Amagat ended up 6th in non-interrupting Goals Added per 96 minutes for NYCFC in the 2018 season and even led the team in passing g+ per 96.