adam

Registered
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
May 30, 2014
LBNY
Thread speaks for itself, I’ll start:

5. Lamps signs a fake contract and goes to Man City instead. That was one our first introductions to the team and wow.
4. Gio leaves for free/Claudio jumps ship it was like the whole direction of the team changed at once
3. Spontaneous Come On NY chant starts as we are down to I think 9 vs NJ and held on. Had to be there, but that’s when the chant first took hold and the whole stadium erupted with it and carried the team. Had to be there to feel that atmosphere.
2. Stadium announcement Still fresh but right up there!
1. Winning MLS Cup nuf said

1. Winning MLS Cup final
2. 3-2 win vs DC
3. Tie vs RB with 9 men, was incredible the atmosphere and everything
4. Everything that happened when Austin was created, with ring, gio, Claudio, Mata, etc.
5. Losing to Toronto at Citi field off the back of an insane regular season. Seriously crazy match.

I'll add 3 crazy ones:

1. Patrick Vieira flying to France in the middle of our damn season, having the balls to claim it was for a personal matter, then signing with Nice days later.
2. Mix's poem.
Orlando City survives bizarre shootout as defender takes gloves to seal ...

Lots of good ones above, few others in the crazy category not mentioned yet:

1 - News starting to break that the heart of Philly's team was about to miss the ECF. I think I got home from Foxboro the night before around 1 or 2 AM and groggily the next day news started trickling in that the Philly squad could be decimated by COVID protocols.
2 - Reading for the first time how our minority owners killed a South Bronx stadium deal.
3 - More because of the personal things going on during the game, but the FC Cincy game this past summer (which was crazy enough by itself).

5. First home game - I wasn't sure how soccer would work in Yankee Stadium. That game sold me and I am still here.
4. 3-2 over D.C. - My dog died that day and I was looking for a distraction. D.C.'s late equalizer was a gut punch. Thanks, Frank.
3. First shootout win against New England - Curse broken.
2. Eastern Conference Final 2021 - Players missing? Don't care. Team's first trophy.
1. MLS Cup 2021 - At least until the next one.

Stadium announcement is a relief, but the games always stick with me more.

5. First home game - I wasn't sure how soccer would work in Yankee Stadium. That game sold me and I am still here.
4. 3-2 over D.C. - My dog died that day and I was looking for a distraction. D.C.'s late equalizer was a gut punch. Thanks, Frank.
3. First shootout win against New England - Curse broken.
2. Eastern Conference Final 2021 - Players missing? Don't care. Team's first trophy.
1. MLS Cup 2021 - At least until the next one.

Stadium announcement is a relief, but the games always stick with me more.
glad to see a fellow 3-2 over dc lover! :D

Reactions: Brooklyn Blue
5. The RJ Allen - David Villa goal. Still the prettiest pass in NYCFC history
4. The 3-2 win over DC when Lampard won it at the death. Took a couple of friends to that game, and it was a blast.
3. The Seattle home game in the torrential downpour. Just a ridiculous day at the stadium
2. The 3-2 win over Red Bulls with Villa's hat trick cancelling out the two goals from BWP. Those two guys put on a show
1. The NE playoff game last year. I almost never go to road games, but that one was so incredible.

6) (because it’s not a happy memory) Redbull wedding
5) ITS scoring every shot he took when he first got here
4) Frank lampard’s first hat trick in the teams history in the rain against Colorado
3) David Villa from long range against the Union
2) taty scoring 4 against RSL
1) Taty’s long range FK strike in concacaf champions league

Reactions: Shwafta and adam
I remember those goals more than I remember them all happening in the same game. Thanks for finding it!
FYI for most games a YouTube search in the format "NYCFC [Opponent name] [Year]" gets the game you want in at worst the top 5 results. That's assuming of course you know the opponent name and year like we did here.

I will come up with my top 5 later, but that 3-2 win over DC will definitely be on it. I still remember that game and all the late goals. 0-1 in the 78', and then it ends 3-2. It was a Wednesday night at Yankee Stadium, and it was nuts.

Some odd balls not mentioned:

- Playing a home game in California
- Playing Toronto 4 times in 2020 in 4 different stadiums (and 4 different states/provinces)
- Tommy McNamara’s right foot
- Chicken Bucket
- Ben Sweat making the USMNT roster

Sorry to double post, but also to bring in a link to villa's halfway goal vs philly -

I don't think we'll ever see philly's stadium this empty against NYCFC with the way this rivalry is going lol

Reactions: adam
10/23/2021 - vs DC United. After seemingly being unable to score for approximately 18 months prior to the closing 5 minutes of the prior match at Atlanta (#thorthunderbolt), the BIB unleash 6 on DC. It came out of nowhere. Oh catharsis, what you do to me.