USL

Probably the only one who cares but reveal on Hartford Athletic's badge

can you explain what is going on with stadium? was there some fraud found or something on the funding for it? i think i saw some stuff being mentioned.

can you explain what is going on with stadium? was there some fraud found or something on the funding for it? i think i saw some stuff being mentioned.
The owner, a Connecticut businessman, gave relatively few dollars to the Republican governor campaign in a state in which the previous Democratic governor absolutely destroyed.

Essentially simply yes there's questions about the legality of campaign contributions that were made to the Republican candidate who made an unsuccessful bid for Governor. Hopefully it won't screw Connecticut soccer fans out of a team.

i wonder if they end up being the "affiliate" cuz you know our "history" in the area
I think they already partnered with the Revs, but, they aren't much of a partner. So if we ever decide to take a USL partnership seriously, we could poach them.

Hartford Athletic finally played a home game....well in Hartford had to play at Rentschler because Dillion isn't ready yet. Actually drew 11K plus and drew the match earning their first point. I did not go because it would have required leaving work slightly early , I think I would have if it was at the real stadium but going to the Rent didn't excite me. They actually drew over what their real stadium capacity will be but still I'm sure felt largely empty at a football stadium. Still 11K is great for USL, anyone remember what we drew in Hartford?

Reactions: Schwallacus
Hartford Athletic finally played a home game....well in Hartford had to play at Rentschler because Dillion isn't ready yet. Actually drew 11K plus and drew the match earning their first point. I did not go because it would have required leaving work slightly early , I think I would have if it was at the real stadium but going to the Rent didn't excite me. They actually drew over what their real stadium capacity will be but still I'm sure felt largely empty at a football stadium. Still 11K is great for USL, anyone remember what we drew in Hartford?
Lots of Ire....

I was at a bachelor party this past weekend in Madison, WI and we made it out to a Forward Madison game. They're best known for their pink kits, but the atmosphere there wasn't bad either.

The stadium there is in a pretty decent location situated around several bars and restaurants and holds a capacity of probably around 5k or so, announced attendance on Saturday night was 4,020, which isn't bad considering this is USL Division 1 (2nd tier USL) and Madison is currently sitting at the bottom of the table.

We got a package that was $70 and it included a buffet, three drinks, t-shirt, and tickets that allowed you directly behind the net as well as seats near midfield if you wanted to sit.

All in all, definitely an awesome time there and would recommend to anyone here.

I was at a bachelor party this past weekend in Madison, WI and we made it out to a Forward Madison game. They're best known for their pink kits, but the atmosphere there wasn't bad either.

The stadium there is in a pretty decent location situated around several bars and restaurants and holds a capacity of probably around 5k or so, announced attendance on Saturday night was 4,020, which isn't bad considering this is USL Division 1 (2nd tier USL) and Madison is currently sitting at the bottom of the table.

We got a package that was $70 and it included a buffet, three drinks, t-shirt, and tickets that allowed you directly behind the net as well as seats near midfield if you wanted to sit.

All in all, definitely an awesome time there and would recommend to anyone here.

so you saying you went "Full Mingo"

Interesting, because based on the USOC showing, I'd put them on par with the Rapids.

Screen Shot 2019-08-19 at 11.04.35 AM.png

They lost to NMU in a shootout. Speculation is the loss motivated them and/or they could have advanced at least as far as NMU had they won.

And Rapids lost to NMU in a shootout too. Also drew 2-2 in regulation. Hence, why I said on par with Rapids. And NMU lost @ MNU 6-1, which displayed the real gap in talent when USL plays teams other than CO.

And now that I wrote that I’m curious if 538’s #s are skewed because the only comparison they have with USL & MLS is USOC performance. And they don’t take into consideration MLS teams not playing their best lineups.

Also, will always love writing about MNU vs NMU. Shame MNU no longer plays at UMN, maybe next year if NMU get home field they can play at UNM.