Usoc June 15

So we vers Cosmos at home

I hope so. That match there last season was bush league BS. We won't have Mix if USA gets out of the Copa Group Stage. Or Pirlo if he goes off to Euros.

It can also be the red bulls, I think I remember reading in the press release that there will be one MLS vs MLS match up for this round.

I looked at calendar and should we win the first game the next U.S. Open cup game would be 29th of June.....few days before facing red bulls at home for the league. So a potential red bull cup game midweek before red bull game in weekend, assuming we get that far

It can also be the red bulls, I think I remember reading in the press release that there will be one MLS vs MLS match up for this round.

I looked at calendar and should we win the first game the next U.S. Open cup game would be 29th of June.....few days before facing red bulls at home for the league. So a potential red bull cup game midweek before red bull game in weekend, assuming we get that far

I believe we had the same opportunity last season and we blew it.

I believe we had the same opportunity last season and we blew it.
I wonder if new management will feel stronger/weaker towards the USOC then previous. USOC big in England or France?

I'd be very surprised if we played an Open Cup game at YS. The attendance numbers don't warrant opening up the big house. I would expect we'll play on the road or perhaps at St John's in Queens or Columbia's soccer field

I'd be very surprised if we played an Open Cup game at YS. The attendance numbers don't warrant opening up the big house. I would expect we'll play on the road or perhaps at St John's in Queens or Columbia's soccer field
Not so sure about that.... I bet as the first ever USOC home game, attendance could hit 25K+ at Yankee Stadium. Add in the Concession Multiplier with the marginal one-off gear multiplier and it would be a bonanza for a USOC game. Plus the cache of playing on familiar home turf - it may be a shitty field, but it's OUR shitty field.

Not so sure about that.... I bet as the first ever USOC home game, attendance could hit 25K+ at Yankee Stadium. Add in the Concession Multiplier with the marginal one-off gear multiplier and it would be a bonanza for a USOC game. Plus the cache of playing on familiar home turf - it may be a shitty field, but it's OUR shitty field.

25K would absolutely shatter the 4th round attendance record set last year by SKC with 19K. Don't get me wrong, I'd love an Open game there, it's just from the clubs perspective, it's a lot easier to have it on the road. Last prior NYY home game is the 12th so they fit into the 3 day field turnaround window, but it is a Wednesday night match which would impact attendance as well. My money is that this one is on the road.

Reactions: FootyLovin and Gene
25K would absolutely shatter the 4th round attendance record set last year by SKC with 19K. Don't get me wrong, I'd love an Open game there, it's just from the clubs perspective, it's a lot easier to have it on the road. Last prior NYY home game is the 12th so they fit into the 3 day field turnaround window, but it is a Wednesday night match which would impact attendance as well. My money is that this one is on the road.
The team has shown to do quite well with mid-week games since people grab the subway straight from work. Add to that it's in the summer during a period when the league is suspending action, and people will be eager for a night out and live action.

I'm not certain how the Cup determines home field, so it may be a coin toss, but if given the opportunity, it makes most sense for all parties involved to have the game at YS. Plus, at home it'd be one less game for the enigmatic away jersey to be worn - that alone should have the Cup officials demand it be played at YS.

Reactions: Konrad and adam
The team has shown to do quite well with mid-week games since people grab the subway straight from work. Add to that it's in the summer during a period when the league is suspending action, and people will be eager for a night out and live action.

I'm not certain how the Cup determines home field, so it may be a coin toss, but if given the opportunity, it makes most sense for all parties involved to have the game at YS. Plus, at home it'd be one less game for the enigmatic away jersey to be worn - that alone should have the Cup officials demand it be played at YS.
Coin toss.

Reactions: adam