Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup – Round of 32
FC Cincinnati vs. New York City FC
Wednesday, May 10 7 PM ET
TQL Stadium
CBS Sports Golazo Network

Reactions: Kjbert
sheesh bad draw and the RB game is a few days later. They playing bunch of NYCFC 2 players here.

Yup, don't expect to advance here especially since Cincinnati's next game is on the 17th and ours is on the 13th.

Crap draw - on the road, not even on the East Coast, and the RBNJ derby just a few days later.

as Lion said, most likely NYCFC punts this one. Damn, was hoping for a game or two at Belson for us NYCFC diehards.

Reactions: Kenny
RBNJ plays DCU in Montclair, New Jersey the day before we play Cincy, so they'll get an extra day and no travel.

On the other hand, they suck, so there's that.

But yeah. Play the kids vs. Cincy.

Our team should be deep enough that we should be able to put out an Aish team for this one.

But these games don’t matter. All that’s matters is the playoffs. So we don’t have a deep squad or a #9 on the roster or a natural LCB.

Would like to see us go for it. Probably our best chance at winning silverware any time soon.

Reactions: moogoo
Would like to see us go for it. Probably our best chance at winning silverware any time soon.

Can we afford to go for it considering our unevenness in the league? I think we play the B squad in this game. If we win it, maybe we start playing more regulars in future rounds. But a midweek road game against a good team is a tall ask with the Derby up next on the weekend. Even when we had better rosters we never prioritized the USOC, and I can't imagine we're going to start now with our lack of quality depth.

Just from looking at FC Cincy’s kits, we will be wearing the Volt kits again. I doubt anyone has the data but I think this is the longest streak of us wearing our alternate kit from the City blue

Just from looking at FC Cincy’s kits, we will be wearing the Volt kits again. I doubt anyone has the data but I think this is the longest streak of us wearing our alternate kit from the City blue
Honestly I think Cincy will wear orange and we'll wear sky blue. Those clash more than the other options.

Honestly I think Cincy will wear orange and we'll wear sky blue. Those clash more than the other options.
While I agree, have we ever seen a game where the home team wore their away jerseys and the away team wore their home kits?

Open Cup isn't on apple tv? darn. Don't even see the game on Fubo. Where can i watch, anyone know?