Registered
Staff member
Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
Last edited:
Reactions: SoupInNYC
Johnson looked good. He’s still shaky as hell understanding when to come off his line.

I thought Chanot was fantastic tonight. Rises to the occasion and his distribution is phenomenal.

Thought Callens was good, not great. I think he was poor in stepping up in multiple occasions.

Tinny was good. Sweat was below average. I just can’t stand him.

Rocha was terrific. Yes, terrific. Play him at LB. Parks was good tonight. Some poor decisions but very good on the ball.

Mitri man of the match. Maxi second for me. Taty was ok tonight. Quiet for him.

Worries about Heber. GMS is useless. Happy for Haak.

Another good tactical match for Dome.

Johnson looked good. He’s still shaky as hell understanding when to come off his line.

I thought Chanot was fantastic tonight. Rises to the occasion and his distribution is phenomenal.

Thought Callens was good, not great. I think he was poor in stepping up in multiple occasions.

Tinny was good. Sweat was below average. I just can’t stand him.

Rocha was terrific. Yes, terrific. Play him at LB. Parks was good tonight. Some poor decisions but very good on the ball.

Mitri man of the match. Maxi second for me. Taty was ok tonight. Quiet for him.

Worries about Heber. GMS is useless. Happy for Haak.

Another good tactical match for Dome.
Yes, Rocha making some nice plays but man is he slow.

Chanot such a beast but I think he made an unforced error that led to the Vancouver goal.

Anton made some great moves as usual. He can be tricky on the ball and great trapping when receiving long balls.

Mitri: showing how dangerous he can be. Still passing at times I think he should shoot. Overcompensating for shooting or holding onto ball when he should have passed.

GMS:
giphy.gif

so do we have any updates on Heber? Looked to me like a somewhat tactical sub rather than a full-on 100% injury.

Reactions: Kjbert
so do we have any updates on Heber? Looked to me like a somewhat tactical sub rather than a full-on 100% injury.

word is it's a quad injury and if he's limping off the field, then more than likely an injury sub than a tactical one. especially that early in the game.

didn't catch the entire match but seems we played a decent game. glad we got the 3 points. so happy to see the red bulls and atlanta lose. 1st place is ours for the taking if our reserve guys can pull off some magic the next two games.

don't have much to comment on the game since i only saw the last 20 minutes and even then i wasn't able to pay much attention.

Reactions: Kjbert
Mitrita is really skilled. I'm really starting to see why the transfer fee for him was so high.

7 goals in his first season in a new country is really impressive. I compare this season of his to Maxi's first season with us -- good, but we knew there was more he could give us. I think Mitrita will be just fine here.

Just a good, solid, professional win tonight. Let off the gas in the 2nd half a bit, which is to be expected in a game like that when you're in complete control. They did exactly what they had to do.

FiveThirtyEight now has us as 58% to win the #1 seed in the East. That's pretty notable, They needed to win this game to stay in that race since the rest of the schedule gets pretty difficult. Looking forward to this 3-game homestand. Take care of business and we're looking at everyone else in the rearview mirror.

It was a funny game. Not our best, and the turf made for ugly play, but our quality won out. And that was without Ring and Mata.

The Héber injury is a potentially big issue. Domé said after the game it could be up to a month, but they won’t really know until today. Fortunately, we aren’t losing any forwards over international break. We have to hope that Taty can be productive at CF and that either Medina or Gaz can fill in on the wing. It may be hard to move Maxi up front given that Ofori is out, and we will probably need Rocha to fill in on the back line.

Yesterday couldn’t have gone better for us. Atlanta down; NJ imploding. We are 1 point behind Philly with 2 games in hand. That means we are effectively in first. The key is going to be to stockpile points before those last two road games. I don’t want to be going in to Philly up 1-2 points and needing a result.

Say what you want about his transfer fee, but Mitri earned at least half of that back with that strike - freaking beautiful.

I went to bed at halftime and didn't see that until this morning. It's almost deceptively outstanding. You really have to watch it from the camera behind the net to see how sharp his angle was, and how close he put the ball inside the near post. Brilliant stuff.
Also, thanks for that video. Fun to hear the Vancouver announcers gush over it.

Last edited: