VIEIRA to SUNDERLAND?

brett

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Aug 4, 2014
Not sure if there is anything behind this rumor but thought I would share...

Also, it is great that he is getting looks and people are talking about his success with NYCFC but would hate to see him leave.

http://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...r-from-david-moyes-if-scot-is-fired-or-quits/

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footbal...ra-to-replace-moyes-at-sunderland_290031.html

VIEIRA BACK TO ENGLAND?

Sunderland want Arsenal legend Patrick Vieira to take over from David Moyes if the Scot is fired or quits, The Sun reports.

Wouldn't happen if he was an American. Has everything to do with him being who he is.

Dow transfer dollars count in MLS for managers? If he leaves and we are compensated with $1 Million, what do we get?

giphy.gif

Is Sunderland really the calibur of team that Viera is going to leave us for? When he leaves, its going to be for a big club that actually has a transfer budget. I would be more concerned if the manger position opens up at the mothership or when Wenger actually retires/is fired.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
He's not going there. There aren't any Addidas stores that far north in the UK.

Is Sunderland really the calibur of team that Viera is going to leave us for? When he leaves, its going to be for a big club that actually has a transfer budget. I would be more concerned if the manger position opens up at the mothership or when Wenger actually retires/is fired.
I'm not sure MLS is regarded well enough for one of the top 7 (or so) teams to hire him straight away, excepting MC. Of course there's substantial room between those teams and Sunderland. And I expect the most likely route is via somewhere else in Europe first.

Reactions: joe
I'm not sure MLS is regarded well enough for one of the top 7 (or so) teams to hire him straight away, excepting MC. Of course there's substantial room between those teams and Sunderland. And I expect the most likely route is via somewhere else in Europe first.

I really don't think people's regard for MLS is a factor at all. Patrick Vieira has pedigree that few can match. Heck just look at Real hiring Zidane with zero first team managing experience.

I really don't think people's regard for MLS is a factor at all. Patrick Vieira has pedigree that few can match. Heck just look at Real hiring Zidane with zero first team managing experience.
Yeah, that said, there was a ton of institutional familiarity between Real and Zidane, as with CFG and Vieira.

Last edited:
Wouldn't happen if he was an American. Has everything to do with him being who he is.

Dow transfer dollars count in MLS for managers? If he leaves and we are compensated with $1 Million, what do we get?

Pep

Its technically a PL team but we will see if that is true at the end of the season. Probably not.

Would Patty leave for a Championship team? Bundesliga, Ligue 1, Serie A safe zone teams probably.

Would Patty leave for a Championship team? Bundesliga, Ligue 1, Serie A safe zone teams probably.
I'd think most managers at the beginning of their career would rightly consider a Championship job a big step up from MLS.

That said, by staying with us Vieria stays under the CFG umbrella, which might be more valuable to him.

The sun and sports mole are just about the least credible there can be. Probably says in the article PV will use his contacts to make Messi his first signing.

Every one of those stores are in the Midlands. That's not the North.

I'm sure PV would leave for LFC if Klopp dropped from cigarettes, sausage and stress, and he was offered the job.

He would probably take an Everton job too. And either Manchester club is a no brainier.

But Sunderland. That's another place entirely And come next season, another league entirely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every one of those stores are in the Midlands. That's not the North.

I'm sure PV would leave for LFC if Klopp dropped from cigarettes, sausage and stress, and he was offered the job.
Really? We're going to argue about maps now? There's two Adidas stores in the Middlesbrough/Sunderland region. Can't imagine that's still Midlands, no? Might even be able to count the one in Leeds if you're feeling generous.

But I'm from New Yawk, so what do I know?

Really? We're going to argue about maps now? There's two Adidas stores in the Middlesbrough/Sunderland region. Can't imagine that's still Midlands, no? Might even be able to count the one in Leeds if you're feeling generous.

But I'm from New Yawk, so what do I know?

Yes this is a stupid discussion but a store that sells Adidas is not the same thing as an Adidas store.

I do see one outlet in Durham which is in the North.