Villa In Talks to Extend

In all seriousness, how have superstar's kids careers in football turned out? What's the success rate?
There's no Manning family that I'm aware of.

That said, lots of pros beget pros. Once you're at that level, I would guess it's a numbers game. George Weah's kid is killing in PSG's youth system. He might be one to watch. No idea how good Zidane's kid really is, but he gets on good clubs.

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
In all seriousness, how have superstar's kids careers in football turned out? What's the success rate?
There's some decent names on this list

Higuain, Mkhitaryan, Trezeguet, Hallilovic, Neymar, Traore, Bedoya, Kranjcar, Mandzukic, Laudrup, Schmeichel, Redknapp (Lampard by extension), Wright-Phillips, Aubameyang, Ayewu, Gyau, Gudjohnsen, Eksandarian, Cudicini, Weah, Blind, Klose, Bradley, and a lot in Spain: Busquets, Alonso, Martinez, Navas and Reina,

That said, lots of pros beget pros. Once you're at that level, I would guess it's a numbers game. George Weah's kid is killing in PSG's youth system. He might be one to watch. No idea how good Zidane's kid really is, but he gets on good clubs.

I believe one of his son was captain of the Castilla team I think that Enzo, his other son suppose to be a highly rated Keeper

Yep! American football and basketball is littered with family legacy athletes..... the kids grow up being taught by somebody that understands the important aspects of the game that a youth coach may not focus on in 1hr practices/2-3x per week & the parent is around 24/7 (ok, most of the time as opposed to just practice time). Genetics are already part of the equation.

Reactions: wolfehr and adam
I believe one of his son was captain of the Castilla team I think that Enzo, his other son suppose to be a highly rated Keeper
Enzo, a midfielder who has a very silky, smooth playing style like his old man, is currently the captain of Castilla, the Real Madrid B side.

There is typically regression to the mean, but every now and then the athletic genes are passed on in full.

I think about the 2006 and 2007 Florida basketball teams, which had an usual number of legacy players. The point guard was Taurean Green, son of NBA forward Sydney Green. Taurean only got a cup of coffee in the NBA, but is still playing overseas. There was Al Horford, whose dad Tito played in the NBA - of course Al's brother was not nearly as good as Al. Then there was Joakim Noah, whose dad was the great tennis player Yannick Noah.

Soccer, of course, depends more than most sports on technical skill developed over repeated practice, rather than just raw athleticism. That may favor the child of a professional soccer player, who may be well developed by all the talent and focus at home. Christian Pulisic is a guy who comes to mind.

Nevertheless, my guess is that the child of a professional soccer player is only about 10% or so to make a living playing the same sport.

George Weah's cousin: less good.

abedi pele was quite good for Marseille and Ghana . His son Andre Ayew quite so and Jordan isn't terrible.

Would LOVE to see villa stay long enough to hit 100 goals for us

Villa is going to be 35 in December.

Villa is a great player and captain for NYCFC but if the opportunity presents itself for a better DP forward, we should take that opportunity.

Villa is going to be 35 in December.

Villa is a great player and captain for NYCFC but if the opportunity presents itself for a better DP forward, we should take that opportunity.
Villa has at least two more seasons in him if he stays healthy, so I have no issue extending him by two years or so. We are going to replace Pirlo and Lampard much sooner IMO.

Reactions: shane88
I know but I'm thinking if he was head of f.cosmos academy, wouldn't he want his son to play for them?
Obama is the head of the federal government but he sends his kids to private school.
giphy.gif