Visiting NYC - Need your help!

Geeky Grub

Registered
Jan 10, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Hey guys!

First time poster here! Thought i'd introduce myself and hoping you guys can help me with a couple of questions.

Im a big Melbourne City and Manchester fan and i guess it only made sense i jumped on board NYCFC in the MLS! Watched half of last season on my Cable TV provider here is Australia and LOVED it!

I am visiting NYC in April/May this year and would love to catch a couple of NYCFC Games at Yankee Stadium.

Question I have is about ticketing and where to sit. Are tickets likely to sell out? I am defiantly going to book tickets for the match against Orlando on the 23rd April. If i have time I would also like to head to the Atlanta match on the 7th May. If I left buying tickets for the game on the 7th till the last minute would i still be guaranteed a good seat? Do these matches sell out fast?

What are the best places to sit? If i go to the 2 games id love to experience the game in a couple of different ways (i.e: From the stands with a great view of the pitch & with the fans experiencing the atmosphere)

Also... Is merchandise very easy to buy at the stadium or am i better off finding it somewhere else before I head to the stadium?

Hoping you guys can help me out!

Geeky Grub.

Welcome. I think a lot of us would love to make it out to Melbourne someday for a game.

Our supporters section is section 235-238. Each section is general admission. I'm in 238, which has the best sight lines in the entire stadium imho.

As far as finding a ticket, this forum is honestly a great place to do it. We'll have a dedicated ticket thread and we have tons of season ticket holders on these boards. It's a great way to grab tickets and meet some of the posters here. In fact, I will probably not be able to go to any games on April or may, so if you want a ticket in the supporters section, you can just have mine!

The stadium has the best merch selection you'll find anywhere. Unfortunately they price everything 10%-15% higher than normal. It's complete bullshit.

Not likely to sell out. Everyone will have their own opinions on where to sit. I like sitting behind the goal infront of the supporters section. Easy access to food and bathrooms, cheap tickets, and best atmospheer in the place. Of course you can;t always see whats going on on the f ar side of the pitch, but the midfield seats tend to be further away fromt he pitch.

Hey guys!

First time poster here! Thought i'd introduce myself and hoping you guys can help me with a couple of questions.

Im a big Melbourne City and Manchester fan and i guess it only made sense i jumped on board NYCFC in the MLS! Watched half of last season on my Cable TV provider here is Australia and LOVED it!

I am visiting NYC in April/May this year and would love to catch a couple of NYCFC Games at Yankee Stadium.

Question I have is about ticketing and where to sit. Are tickets likely to sell out? I am defiantly going to book tickets for the match against Orlando on the 23rd April. If i have time I would also like to head to the Atlanta match on the 7th May. If I left buying tickets for the game on the 7th till the last minute would i still be guaranteed a good seat? Do these matches sell out fast?

What are the best places to sit? If i go to the 2 games id love to experience the game in a couple of different ways (i.e: From the stands with a great view of the pitch & with the fans experiencing the atmosphere)

Also... Is merchandise very easy to buy at the stadium or am i better off finding it somewhere else before I head to the stadium?

Geeky Grub.

Weekend games sell out occasionally -- a Sunday 4pm game certainly runs the risk of selling out, though early in the season you should be OK.

I don't really think there's a terrible seat in the house. I enjoy the 200 level -- anywhere is a good view, though you are a little set back from the field if you're around midfield. Ticketmaster is the official ticket site off the team website, but you might be able to get a better deal price-wise by using StubHub.

Very easy? Yes. Very cheap? No. Or at least, that was my experience when I flew over to NYC for the first home game back in 2015. That said, is it cheaper anywhere else? Not really sure about that either.

In other news, definitely looking at coming to Melbourne for a game at some point. I'm hoping I might be able to do it as soon as the tail end of the 2017-18 season, but that might be a little adventurous so we'll have to see.

Sweet. Another visitor from Melbourne! We had a guy named Andy visit last year.

Lots of great advice in here already so not much for me to add. I'd love to meet up with you when you are here though.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
WOW! Thanks for the awesome response guys! Much appreciate it! Some great suggestions and advice!

SFphoto SFphoto Will definitely hit you up for that ticket to the Atlanta game! I'll inbox you! Such a generous offer!! Thanks HEAPS!

R roxfontaine Dito! Inbox me and lets see what we can organise!

Cityzens Unite!!
Let me know if you need a translator ;) R roxfontaine you got my number.

Glad you are coming. I love Melbourne as a city, by the way. I was there on my honeymoon.

Even if games sell out, plenty of secondary seats should be available, and that's often a better way to get a good seat at a good price. Official secondary seats are sold through Ticketmaster alongside the primary sales.

The best seat in the house is a matter of personal preference. There are plenty of good options, but since we are in a baseball stadium, none are great. I personally prefer seats in the corners or at the end, since they are close to the field. The seats along the side are set farther back. My favorites for view and atmosphere are in Sections 205-207. You should check out the Virtual Venue on the NYCFC website and the View From Your Seat feature on this site.

Welcome, and in case I missed it being mentioned, check out the New Swag thread on these Forums, as it continually links great deals and sales on merchandise if you want to order some goodies in advance.

Thanks agin for the responses guys! I ended up purchasing tickets to the Orlando game on the 23rd in Section 229. Im gonna hold off on tickets for May 7th Atlanta game. Hopefully I can take SFphoto SFphoto up on his offer!

Hopefully will see some of you for pre/post-match drinks!

If any of you find yourself in Melbourne during the A-League season hit me up! The company I work for has access to corporate seats (and I have season tickets) Always willing to help another Cityzen out!

Thanks agin for the responses guys! I ended up purchasing tickets to the Orlando game on the 23rd in Section 229. Im gonna hold off on tickets for May 7th Atlanta game. Hopefully I can take SFphoto SFphoto up on his offer!

If any of you find yourself in Melbourne during the A-League season hit me up! The company I work for has access to corporate seats (and I have season tickets) Always willing to help another Cityzen out!
You'll like 229 a lot. I'm in 228 and it gives a really good combo view of the sideline/proximity and you're close to the supporters section so you'll hear them pretty well.

Reactions: Goodfella

Great choice -- I sat there for a game last year, 229 is a quite really good view and has solid atmosphere.

Hey guys!

Geeky Grub.
Welcome!!! The best man in my wedding is from Melbourne. Enjoy your time visiting NYC.

I will also say that 229 was a good choice. I sat there for all of the first season and loved it. I moved to go to a more club level seat, but might not have moved if I were just staying in same level. Welcome and enjoy!

Hey guys!

Geeky Grub.
I have 4 seats behind the benches right at center pitch and unfortunately I have to sell them for the end of April as I will be traveling. We can work out a good price if you would like.

Also feel free to email David.nigliazzo@gmail.com me for a guide to the rest of your trip as I know the food scene in NYC pretty well.

Go NYCFC and go Carlton blues!