Watching Mcfc V West Ham In Nyc

Bobby Westside

Registered
Feb 11, 2015
Hi guys,

Apologies it's been a while since I last posted, I've been watching most games late night here in the UK on Sky but it's usually too late for me to post but some good stuff to read.

Again apologies if I've posted this in the wrong forum but my dad is flying over from Manchester today for the Toronto and San Jose games (lucky git) and wants to know where the best place to watch Manchester City v West Ham on Saturday will be. It kicks off 5:30pm here so guessing that's half one your time.

Thanks

Great stuff for your dad. I'm not even going to make those games (mainly because, unlike him, my kids are little).

Where is he staying? There will probably be enough options that he will be able to pick one close to where he is, which is an important consideration. I'm sure there is at least one Man City bar somewhere, but not sure what that is.

The game will be live on the NBC Sports Network, so it will be easy to find, and if he is staying with friends, they should get it. A hotel might be hit or miss to get that channel.

Most bars will probably reserve their televisions for college football (american style), and our pinstriped landlords (the Yankees) are playing a key "derby" against the crosstown Mets at the same time. Still, there are plenty of bars that are more devoted to soccer, and they will show it for sure.

If he has time, getting a ticket to one of the Mets - Yankees games at Citifield would be a fun and original experience.

Cheers he's staying in a hotel but I'm not sure where and I guess that matters in a 'town' the size of yours :) I joke of course, if I had a bucket list New York would be the only thing on it.

I don't think he'll get away with going to watch the Yankees as well as City twice when he's got the wife in tow.

Reactions: SayWhat44
Hi guys,

Apologies it's been a while since I last posted, I've been watching most games late night here in the UK on Sky but it's usually too late for me to post but some good stuff to read.

Again apologies if I've posted this in the wrong forum but my dad is flying over from Manchester today for the Toronto and San Jose games (lucky git) and wants to know where the best place to watch Manchester City v West Ham on Saturday will be. It kicks off 5:30pm here so guessing that's half one your time.

Thanks

Note that the time difference is five hours. So the City-West Ham match would begin at 12:30pm local time.

Most weeks, the 12:30 kickoff is on the regular NBC channel, not on the cable channel NBCSN (NBC Sports Network). If that had been the case this week, then your dad would have been able to watch the game in his hotel room, as all hotels receive NBC, which is one of the major broadcast networks. But no such luck for him this week, as that game is on NBCSN. So, the only chance will be to find a soccer-specific bar.

I don't go to pubs; so I have no personal experience in the matter. But I will mention the two most famous places in New York for football: Nevada Smith's at Third Avenue and 13th Street; and Legends on 33rd St. near Fifth Avenue, directly across the street from the Empire State Building. I state again that I have never been to either of these places, so I cannot comment on the atmosphere. Other people who know more about such things can fill you in on that, and can give you tips on other pubs.

If your dad is just looking to kick back and relax, he can more than likely watch the match in his hotel room. I'm sure it will be broadcast on the NBCSN channel or any of their other spillover channels.

As SF mentions above the Mad Hatter is the official MCFC pub in New York. Nevada Smith's would be another option at 3rd Avenue and 13th Street.

http://www.nevadasmiths.net/

Hi guys,

Thanks
Hi as a member of the Hatter Blues I can say we would welcome your father with open arms. You are mistaken though the match is at half past noon. We are located on 3rd Ave between 26 and 27th street. Tell him to look for the tall fat bald guy. If and when we score I will be the guy bodily lifting people.

Hi as a member of the Hatter Blues I can say we would welcome your father with open arms. You are mistaken though the match is at half past noon. We are located on 3rd Ave between 26 and 27th street. Tell him to look for the tall fat bald guy. If and when we score I will be the guy bodily lifting people.

You'll have 4 more in then this weekend - me & my mate from Manchester plus my cousin & his wife from Queens. See you on Saturday!

Wasn't there something crazy about NS not paying their rent, which was really, really, really low for an NYC bar?

Hi guys,

Thanks
The mad hatter is the official MCFC bar in NYC. Check them on Twitter @hatterblues & Facebook @ Facebook.com/hatterblues

Watched the game in the Mad Hatter & had a great time with a bunch of passionate fans from near & far. How West Ham won is beyond me but that's just how it goes sometimes. Great to see that they have a regular fund raiser in the bar to help kids from deprived areas of NYC & in the grand scheme of things that's far more important than losing a game of football.

Good luck Walt in Brussels "you bloody twit" & Pep I'll see you in Italy in November for the Juventus game.