What would you be willing to part with for McMath?

Here's an article to update anyone who's not informed on the situation in CO.

http://milehighsports.com/tim-howard-may-spell-end-zac-macmath/

Obviously GK is our position of greatest need.

What would be a fair trade for us? Poku? Shelton? Harrison (hope not!)? Draft picks? RJ? Tmac?

None of the above? MacMath isn't THAT good of a keeper. Even with their record this year, he's been mediocre. Their defense in front of him has been incredible.

None of the above? MacMath isn't THAT good of a keeper. Even with their record this year, he's been mediocre. Their defense in front of him has been incredible.

Idk, the stats look pretty good to me. You can't have a top D without a very good keeper behind them.

image.png

haven't watched any CO games this season, how is he with distribution? Do they play out of the back at all?

Here's an article to update anyone who's not informed on the situation in CO.

http://milehighsports.com/tim-howard-may-spell-end-zac-macmath/

Obviously GK is our position of greatest need.

What would be a fair trade for us? Poku? Shelton? Harrison (hope not!)? Draft picks? RJ? Tmac?
The real questions are what does Colorado want for him and what do they need??? They're top of the table so for them the trade is likely a luxury. I'm sure they want to sell high and would ask for the world. I'd be reticent to give up too much long term talent unless we're striking out on a foreign GK, and even then we'd have to find another Int spot.... It's a conundrum....

Reactions: Kjbert
The real questions are what does Colorado want for him and what do they need??? They're top of the table so for them the trade is likely a luxury. I'm sure they want to sell high and would ask for the world. I'd be reticent to give up too much long term talent unless we're striking out on a foreign GK, and even then we'd have to find another Int spot.... It's a conundrum....

If we're willing to cut Lurch and have Saunders as our backup we can gain an international slot.

If we're willing to cut Lurch and have Saunders as our backup we can gain an international slot.
If Lurch is good enough to be a non-playing backup to Saunders, then he's good enough to be the non-playing backup to MacMath - he's a low salary compared to Saunders and we'd be crazy to continue carrying Saunders' salary as a backup. If we're getting MacMath, then it'd be better to eat saunders' salary the rest of this season by cutting him and have it off the books for next season.

If Lurch is good enough to be a non-playing backup to Saunders, then he's good enough to be the non-playing backup to MacMath - he's a low salary compared to Saunders and we'd be crazy to continue carrying Saunders' salary as a backup. If we're getting MacMath, then it'd be better to eat saunders' salary the rest of this season by cutting him and have it off the books for next season.

And my thoughts are if the backup just won't play in PV's system, then better to keep Saunders then Lurch (neither would play anyway) and then free up and international slot for a defender maybe??? It's not like we get cap relief from releasing Saunders mid-season. We cut him at the end of the season and get a cheap replacement then. And if MacMath can play well for us, he's only 24; another building block.

The only negative - I don't want Saunders playing in our USOC matches!