Where to watch 6/24 and 6/29 matches in the UK?

Vaporizer

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 5, 2015
I'm hoping some of the UK fans can help me. I'll be in Belfast for the match on Saturday and London for the match on the 29th. I've already checked my UK TV guide and don't see that match listed for the 24th. Do they ever air NYCFC games? If not, are there websites I can use instead? I'll check the pubs when I'm over there and ask , but was just wondering how you get the games.

Thanks
V

I'm hoping some of the UK fans can help me. I'll be in Belfast for the match on Saturday and London for the match on the 29th. I've already checked my UK TV guide and don't see that match listed for the 24th. Do they ever air NYCFC games? If not, are there websites I can use instead? I'll check the pubs when I'm over there and ask , but was just wondering how you get the games.

Thanks
V
Someone should make a thread for this.

Get a VPN and stream, via fox or espn or MLS live, depending upon the game.

I use hotspot. Free high speed for a week. $25 for the year. Mostly I use it because it's simple and available via the App Store on google or Apple, and a subscription there will cover you on a laptop or desktop or whatever so long as you can download their app.

I, too, will be employing this solution this weekend. Thank God. I feel like I haven't left the city in ages.

Reactions: Vaporizer
your best bet in my opinion would be to find the quietest local bar possible with the least amount of people and just ask the barman to put it on (if he has sky sports there's usually a sticker in the pub window or a sign advertising 'live sports').

there's not much footy on at the moment so there shouldn't be anyone watching anything. as long as you have 3 or 4 pints they should oblige.

the match on saturday is on Sky Sports 5HD kick off 1830 local time. alternatively you could google something like 'sports bar belfast' and see if you are near one, but chances are it will be a big pub.

i dont think that the Minnesota match on 30th will be on TV, so a stream would be needed. theres loads of websites that stream footy from all over the world so i'd be 99% sure you could find it, if you have a decent internet connection and a laptop. i might be able to post you a link

Thank you Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan LionNYC LionNYC tunstallhill tunstallhill !! Lion, I do have a VPN and can put myself anywhere in the world . I do have my UKTV guide set, because I torrent lots of shows, just didn't have SkySports5 on it and I was looking at 08:30 not 18:30 lol. I couldn't drink 3-4 pints if I tried, but my local friends can, but will buy a few for the barman ;). Thank you all or the help, and tunstallhill if you wanna shoot me that link on the 29th, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan LionNYC LionNYC tunstallhill tunstallhill !! Lion, I do have a VPN and can put myself anywhere in the world . I do have my UKTV guide set, because I torrent lots of shows, just didn't have SkySports5 on it and I was looking at 08:30 not 18:30 lol. I couldn't drink 3-4 pints if I tried, but my local friends can, but will buy a few for the barman ;). Thank you all or the help, and tunstallhill if you wanna shoot me that link on the 29th, I'd appreciate it.

no bother mate if i'm at home i'll find a link and post it on here. 3 or 4 pints over 2 hours?? come on man jesus

no bother mate if i'm at home i'll find a link and post it on here. 3 or 4 pints over 2 hours?? come on man jesus
I don't drink beer , I'm a Vodka girl :D and I hate that terrible optics system in the UK . It take 2-3 drinks to match what I'd get in NYC. I could do a pint or two of Scrumpy, If they have any on tap lol

Thanks
V

Hey Vaporizer Vaporizer last year I was in London during the Red Bull Wedding and used this website to find a pub showing the match https://www.matchpint.co.uk/watch-live-mls

Met some really cool people and they were glad to see me through that dark day in NYCFC history.

Thank you leilanikali420 leilanikali420 , I'm still debating if I wanna watch the match on the 24th in public lol

It was rough. I changed out of my jersey after the match, shoved it in my handbag, and pretended that I just got to the pub - all I needed were a pair of pair of Groucho Marx novelty glasses. I was tempted to change at the half but still clung to hope that we'd turn it around.

It was rough. I changed out of my jersey after the match, shoved it in my handbag, and pretended that I just got to the pub - all I needed were a pair of pair of Groucho Marx novelty glasses. I was tempted to change at the half but still clung to hope that we'd turn it around.
It was the worst day ever, the stadium was just so quiet ... I don't want to be a pessimist about Saturday, but if I watch in public, I may leave my Jersey off lol

I don't drink beer , I'm a Vodka girl :D and I hate that terrible optics system in the UK . It take 2-3 drinks to match what I'd get in NYC. I could do a pint or two of Scrumpy, If they have any on tap lol

ah sorry assumed you were a bloke! yeah the 'weights and measures' law is ancient. 25ml or 50ml and that's it. they might have scrumpy, or at least some 'real' cider. anyway have fun i'm sure you will find it on saturday

also - the NYCFC top is practically identical to the manchester city home top so expect some banter

ah sorry assumed you were a bloke! yeah the 'weights and measures' law is ancient. 25ml or 50ml and that's it. they might have scrumpy, or at least some 'real' cider. anyway have fun i'm sure you will find it on saturday

also - the NYCFC top is practically identical to the manchester city home top so expect some banter
No worries, it's 99% Blokes on here lol. I just may not want to advertise that I'm a yank at all when I'm there until my Bklyn accent gives me away lol I don't want to talk about what's in office here . My red hair and English last name helps me blend in whether I'm on the Falls road or the Shankill or anywhere else in the UK.

If you want to know whether a match is going to be broadcast or not, use this website:

http://www.live-footballontv.com/

To answer your question directly for you, the HRD is on Sky Sports 5 kicking off at 6:30 BST. The Minnesota match doesn't appear to be due listed yet - the MLS fixtures (in fact, most games) are generally queued up well in advance but try checking back closer to the game. That said, the Minnesota game kicks off at half midnight, so no pubs will be open to play it and you're not likely to find a hotel room with the Sky Sports channels. You're probably going to need a US stream by the looks, though.

As for finding a place to watch the HRD - leilani is right, https://www.matchpint.co.uk/watch-live-mls is the best way to check.

If you're going to do this, make sure you put it in the chatbox immediately before the game. We will remove any links we find in regular posts - a small forum like ours (in the grander scheme of things) is likely to avoid attention, but football forums can and do get shut down for propagating links to illegal streams, so we have a total ban on posting them in threads.

If you want to know whether a match is going to be broadcast or not, use this website:

http://www.live-footballontv.com/

To answer your question directly for you, the HRD is on Sky Sports 5 kicking off at 6:30 BST. The Minnesota match doesn't appear to be due listed yet - the MLS fixtures (in fact, most games) are generally queued up well in advance but try checking back closer to the game. That said, the Minnesota game kicks off at half midnight, so no pubs will be open to play it and you're not likely to find a hotel room with the Sky Sports channels. You're probably going to need a US stream by the looks, though.

As for finding a place to watch the HRD - leilani is right, https://www.matchpint.co.uk/watch-live-mls is the best way to check.

If you're going to do this, make sure you put it in the chatbox immediately before the game. We will remove any links we find in regular posts - a small forum like ours (in the grander scheme of things) is likely to avoid attention, but football forums can and do get shut down for propagating links to illegal streams, so we have a total ban on posting them in threads.

understood