Wilmington Hammerheads Will Not Play in 2017

USL Eastern Conference Teams without a USL affiliate: FC Cincinnati, Harrisburg City Islanders, Louisville City. Nashville FC will also start in the 2018 season. Unknown if they will play in the NPSL next year for legal reasons.

Possible NYC venues for a NYCFC II:

Icahn Stadium: 5000
Coffey Field: 6000
Wein Stadium: 17000

The issue is that with the USL going D2, a usl team is going to need at least 5k seats. However, if USL splits in a D2 and D3 league, there are a couple sub 5k options lile Belson at St Johns, Manhattan College, LIU, heck even the Met Oval or Brooklyn Bridge Park, and City Park Stadium in Westchester.

Reactions: adam
USL Eastern Conference Teams without a USL affiliate: FC Cincinnati, Harrisburg City Islanders, Louisville City. Nashville FC will also start in the 2018 season. Unknown if they will play in the NPSL next year for legal reasons.

Possible NYC venues for a NYCFC II:

Icahn Stadium: 5000
Coffey Field: 6000
Wein Stadium: 17000

The issue is that with the USL going D2, a usl team is going to need at least 5k seats. However, if USL splits in a D2 and D3 league, there are a couple sub 5k options lile Belson at St Johns, Manhattan College, LIU, heck even the Met Oval or Brooklyn Bridge Park, and City Park Stadium in Westchester.

If we're not ready to put together Nycfc II, then I like Cincinnati. Their attendance is out of control. It would be good to bloody our youngsters in that type of environment.

If we're not ready to put together Nycfc II, then I like Cincinnati. Their attendance is out of control. It would be good to bloody our youngsters in that type of environment.
Completely agree. I also want to see how many of these USL teams will start folding in the next couple of years. Seems to me like they expanded way too quickly to sustain all these teams.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
We're not ready for NYCFC2 until we have academy players to bring through

Someone on twitter floated the idea of promoting the LI Rough Riders to the USL proper for the USL affiliate. It's not necessarily a bad idea, but I don't think NYCFC have any players to send them on loan and quality-wise they're not that good.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
Someone on twitter floated the idea of promoting the LI Rough Riders to the USL proper for the USL affiliate. It's not necessarily a bad idea, but I don't think NYCFC have any players to send them on loan and quality-wise they're not that good.
They would also need to procure a "stadium". They currently play on High school fields. When I was a kid I used to watch them play at Mitchell complex when they were in the A-League.

PDL is a glorified summer league that lets college players keep their eligibility. If the Rough Riders would "promote" up, they would be dealing with the same issue that they would have zero USL players.

With that being said, I think that their is some merit to the idea of maybe putting our USL affiliate in a nearby market that would help promote our brand. I do also like the Rough Riders and they have a long history in not only Long Island but US Soccer.

I think that Albany might be a nice option for a USL team. Albany also just opened up a 8.5k seat football stadium so you have a venue.

Reactions: ALBNYfan
Westchester and Fairfield counties are sorely lacking a soccer presence. My hope is that NYCFC2 ends up in White Plains or Stamford.

There is a minor minor league team in Yonkers. Amateur team and amateur league. But there is nothing really between NYCFC and the Revs.

Westchester and Fairfield counties are sorely lacking a soccer presence. My hope is that NYCFC2 ends up in White Plains or Stamford.

There is a minor minor league team in Yonkers. Amateur team and amateur league. But there is nothing really between NYCFC and the Revs.
Hartford might be an option too. I know its been rumored before for expansion.

Reactions: Kjbert
Buy the Cosmos and move them to the USL.

It would be the ultimate troll move of all time.

The lolz would be priceless.
Make the Kosmos NYCFC's reserve team in the USL, and then all of the Kosmos' lemming fans can finally have their Pro/Reg when players get sent up/down....

Edited- for accuracy of club name per Taurus Taurus reminder

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert
PDL is a glorified summer league that lets college players keep their eligibility. If the Rough Riders would "promote" up, they would be dealing with the same issue that they would have zero USL players.

With that being said, I think that their is some merit to the idea of maybe putting our USL affiliate in a nearby market that would help promote our brand. I do also like the Rough Riders and they have a long history in not only Long Island but US Soccer.

Wouldn't all the Wilmington players just transfer to the LIRR team?

Why didn't you spell it Kosmos? You can't change now.
Moment of weakness? Don't know... Had just read the post about their plagiarism of the name and it was fresh in my head?

Reactions: Taurus