XFL Discussion

My first instinct is to make fun of this, but I also cannot help but admire someone who is taking $100 million of his own money, putting himself on the line, and saying I'm either going to make this work or not, and get the corresponding credit or blame. I kind of hope he succeeds.

Would be more interesting if it were a flag football league - or something else that tries to maintain the core of the game while reducing the head injuries.

Would also be good if it reduced the amount of time spent not actually doing anything. Like a 30 minute game with a 20 second play clock. Same number of plays - half the time.

Would be more interesting if it were a flag football league - or something else that tries to maintain the core of the game while reducing the head injuries.

Would also be good if it reduced the amount of time spent not actually doing anything. Like a 30 minute game with a 20 second play clock. Same number of plays - half the time.

I can definitely see them exploring a flag or touch concept. There was actually a video somewhere of a test of a flag football game with ex-NFL players with a lot of amazing on screen graphics and data about the game based on the players wearing chips.

The XFL was groundbreaking with its production that the NFL now incorporates (mics on the players, SkyCam, etc.)

It's going to be a 2 hour broadcast which will be the biggest change.

Last edited:
My first instinct is to make fun of this, but I also cannot help but admire someone who is taking $100 million of his own money, putting himself on the line, and saying I'm either going to make this work or not, and get the corresponding credit or blame. I kind of hope he succeeds.
Totally agree but have a hard time rooting for McMahon. Would rather it was somebody else with a bit more credibility with competitive sports as opposed to scripted entertainment.

Totally agree but have a hard time rooting for McMahon. Would rather it was somebody else with a bit more credibility with competitive sports as opposed to scripted entertainment.
And the Patriots run to the Super Bowl was not scripted entertainment?

Reactions: LeeNYCFC
old school hard hitting football. nobody will watch flag football. if you do, you're lame.

What if you play flag football. And watch when your team when you’re taking a breather?

Racism, mostly.
As someone who hasn’t even read an article on it and has no idea why this is needed because I hardly watch NFL, please explain this to me.

Is it the anthem stuff? If it is, just nod and don’t explain. And go to the corner and think about what you said for a while.

Reactions: 413Blue
As someone who hasn’t even read an article on it and has no idea why this is needed because I hardly watch NFL, please explain this to me.

Is it the anthem stuff? If it is, just nod and don’t explain. And go to the corner and think about what you said for a while.
I’d prefer to not have read about it too, so congratulations?

And no, it’s not the anthem.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
I’d prefer to not have read about it too, so congratulations?

And no, it’s not the anthem.
Cool. So since it isn’t that, and I refuse to click, can I get like a 10 word synopsis?

Last edited:
Law and order, plantations, WWE, dog whistles, Tim Fucking Tebow