06/17 Away - Cosmos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see Poku start at forward. He looked good there as a sub last game.

At the 60' mark, we can sub in another midfielder for him if we are winning or sub in Villa for him if we are losing.

I'd play Nemec up there as well, just because we probably won't need him against Toronto. Or you could go with Mullins for another 90, and Nemec this weekend.
I like starting Nemec and Poku and then using Poku again as a sub on Saturday. I think that's a good use of Poku's legs and good time to test his ability to go more than 60. Nemec only comes in Saturday if subbing for Villa. Otherwise there's too much risk Villa goes for retribution on the pitch.

I like starting Nemec and Poku and then using Poku again as a sub on Saturday. I think that's a good use of Poku's legs and good time to test his ability to go more than 60. Nemec only comes in Saturday if subbing for Villa. Otherwise there's too much risk Villa goes for retribution on the pitch.

I like this too.

Wednesday: Nemec (90), Poku (60), Villa (30)
Saturday: Villa (90), Mullins (60), Poku (30)

Then again, the best laid plans of mice and men...

Also I'll drop this here - for anyone complaining about Poku (and Shelton) not getting full 90s, it's not just about fitness to go for 90 minutes in one game. It's about the fitness to go for 90 minutes for an entire MLS season. Poku only started 13 games last season. He's going to get worn out by August if we try to push him hard. Same thing for Shelton and his college schedule. These two are in adjustment seasons and will be brought along and developed slowly.

No booze in the stadium is brutal. That being said, I remember having no problem sneaking in beers for high school lacrosse and football games back in the day. May have to just bring in some nips this time...show that I've matured a bit.

Anyone know how to watch the game online or TV? In Boston for the week. Thanks.

Reactions: Kjbert
Anyone know how to watch the game online or TV? In Boston for the week. Thanks.
The two or three times I went looking for a Cosmos match, it was streamed without authentication through the OneWOrldSports website. My assumption is that this match will be the same case.

Reactions: JayH and Kjbert
I am bringing two young kids, sitting in section 2, across from our supporters. I was thinking this would be a 'safe' environment to do so given its at a smaller venue on LI. Can anyone who has actually been to a Cosmos game comment on this? Is this Barra Brava group a bunch of thugs? I was going to get them both team colors to wear but am now reconsidering this. I could totally see Nassau PD underestimating this and having way too little presence at this event.
I would not worry with kids. These guys CLAIM they are looking for various supporters groups who they think are "tough". I know this Victor guy. He's a weasel of the first order, but I don't think he'd sink anywhere near so low as to mess with families. And at the stadium there will be lots of security.

I was just suggesting smallish clusters of supporters don't wander off alone. Just in case.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
I would not worry with kids. These guys CLAIM they are looking for various supporters groups who they think are "tough". I know this Victor guy. He's a weasel of the first order, but I don't think he'd sink anywhere near so low as to mess with families. And at the stadium there will be lots of security.

I was just suggesting smallish clusters of supporters don't wander off alone. Just in case.

• "Several things:
  • If people were making fun of 3rd Rail supporters for being sad, well, it ain't gonna be the last time.

• Ex-skinhead here. Most NYC skins are antifascist, many are black, latino, etc.. Google it. But there are nazis and assorted scumbags, mostly from the burbs. They need to be shown the door at first appearance. They're a cancer.

• Metro had this problem. Also second home match, 1995. Gaggle of AC nazi skins showed up, sieg heiled at us leaving the match. Not condoning what happened, but they left in an ambulance, one ended up in a coma, three supporters were arrested, pressure on NJ prosecutors had it reduced to discons for all three. There's press clipping about it floating around, but ex-Metro folks will remember. What it achieved is that Metro became a no-go-zone for nazis.

• These guys WILL show up. They have various fantasies they wanna play out, and links to Euro nazis who have major football ties. Nazi groups have appeared at many MLS teams, notably Chicago in the early 2000s. How you deal with that fact is up to you folks.

• Finally: I hate RedBull. They killed my team. But their fans aren't nazis, and won't be responsible for this, so stop saying that. Is stupid.

• Tommy

• Tommy, NYCF
  • @NYCFirm

Just tell any problems you have to Tommy, he will take care of it.

Reactions: FootyLovin
  • "Several things:
  • If people were making fun of 3rd Rail supporters for being sad, well, it ain't gonna be the last time.

• Ex-skinhead here. Most NYC skins are antifascist, many are black, latino, etc.. Google it. But there are nazis and assorted scumbags, mostly from the burbs. They need to be shown the door at first appearance. They're a cancer.

• Metro had this problem. Also second home match, 1995. Gaggle of AC nazi skins showed up, sieg heiled at us leaving the match. Not condoning what happened, but they left in an ambulance, one ended up in a coma, three supporters were arrested, pressure on NJ prosecutors had it reduced to discons for all three. There's press clipping about it floating around, but ex-Metro folks will remember. What it achieved is that Metro became a no-go-zone for nazis.

• These guys WILL show up. They have various fantasies they wanna play out, and links to Euro nazis who have major football ties. Nazi groups have appeared at many MLS teams, notably Chicago in the early 2000s. How you deal with that fact is up to you folks.

• Finally: I hate RedBull. They killed my team. But their fans aren't nazis, and won't be responsible for this, so stop saying that. Is stupid.

• Tommy

• Tommy, NYCF
  • @NYCFirm
Just tell any problems you have to Tommy, he will take care of it.
I would suggest NYCFC Ultras being upfront to ward off any potential danger

Reactions: Kjbert
For those attending:

NYCFC will be running 3 shuttle buses from the nearest LIRR station in a constant loop starting at around 430PM.

NYCFC supporters will only be permitted to enter Gate F.

Cosmos staff would like all NYCFC supporters to be at the stadiu. By 7 and in their seats by 715PM.

The away section will have dedicated security.

They will not allow flag poles, megaphones, noisemakers or pyro of any sort. Banners, flags and tifo of any size are permitted.

There is NO alchohol in the stadium. There is one beer garden outside. All alchohol must be consumed within the beer garden. No exceptions.

Thanks for this info, will be relaying on the podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.