2015 Offseason Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a super, so he lives in the basement for free, but has to paint apartments every Wednesday.

Unfortunately, he's not good on his feet, so he's constantly falling off the ladder.

Good for Mena. Living at the Trump Tower in White Plains. Not cheap. Jeremy Lin, Amare Stoudemire and Marcus Camby all lived there.
Poku lives in WP as well.

Poku lives in WP as well.
Makes sense for getting to morning practice. I drive to CT from Bkln some mornings for work, and its takes forever to get up to & pass their training facility, which is frustrating seeing how it's not too many miles outside of the city. To do that every day would suck.

Reactions: JayH
Makes sense for getting to morning practice. I drive to CT from Bkln some mornings for work, and its takes forever to get up to & pass their training facility, which is frustrating seeing how it's not too many miles outside of the city. To do that every day would suck.

I've seen players commuting via Metro North from Grand Central

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
I've seen players commuting via Metro North from Grand Central
That gets expensive for guys on low contracts. I wonder if the NYCFC can buy their train passes for them, or would that be considered part of their compensation package and subject to Salary Cap?

It could also have been a first year "thing" to live in the city, but after a season (and expiring apartment leases) they realized its more economical to move to White Plains..... I have no idea if true - just pondering....

Poku reminds me of Benteke, for some reason.
I see that a bit myself. I think they have a similar gait, and they both seem most comfortable if they have a defender hanging on them. When they don't, they run with a kind of awkward half-trot thing about every third step when they are about to touch the ball. Maybe they do it all the time and it's only noticeable when they are wide open. I guess it probably comes down to discomfort at finding themselves alone. Neither is going to be mistaken for LD10 on the break, that's for sure.

(BTW, I think people even here in America don't credit LD for what he was. At the peak of his game, he was a top 10 or better counter-attacking player in the world. Go watch him punish Spain in the 2009 confed cup and dare to disagree.)

I see that a bit myself. I think they have a similar gait, and they both seem most comfortable if they have a defender hanging on them. When they don't, they run with a kind of awkward half-trot thing about every third step when they are about to touch the ball. Maybe they do it all the time and it's only noticeable when they are wide open. I guess it probably comes down to discomfort at finding themselves alone. Neither is going to be mistaken for LD10 on the break, that's for sure.

(BTW, I think people even here in America don't credit LD for what he was. At the peak of his game, he was a top 10 or better counter-attacking player in the world. Go watch him punish Spain in the 2009 confed cup and dare to disagree.)

Agree about LD. I think a lot of our struggles with the USMNT are because we lack a guy who can provide what he did for a decade plus.

Agree about LD. I think a lot of our struggles with the USMNT are because we lack a guy who can provide what he did for a decade plus.
but that's the easy button solution for USMNT. The longer term solution is not about having a fast breaking counter-attacker. Listened to Blazer's recent podcast about German soccer with an interview of a book author about German soccer reboot. very fascinating --- wish we got the same system here. They built this soccer training room across the country which is really amazing. Over long enough time horizon, Germany will be the undisputed soccer kingdom, dethroning Brazil which rests on its past laurels

The US doesn't have a player that can affective my go at a defender. It's painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.